Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1388
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty good point, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The muh emails talking point only mattered because the FBI decided to reopen an investigation into her emails theee weeks before the election. Prior to that the emails had become ancient history in the news cycle. The Benghazi also never mattered to swing voters.

DJT successfully running to the left of Hillary on free trade hurt her most in the states that lost her the election.

Warren was considered authentic until 2016. Her decision not to run in 2016 because she didn’t want to get in Hillary’s way rubbed a lot of people the wrong way (the Bernie movement would have never happened if she ran, Bernie flat out said he wanted her to run and only entered the race in 2016 once it became clear she wasn’t running). She’s had several blunders since then that didn’t help either.
    Well put. I never really held her decision to stand by against her though. Her willingness to skewer the big banks vastly outweighs a lot of missteps in my mind.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Dems sell debate tickets. It should be a lottery; but the rigging and all...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Dems sell debate tickets. It should be a lottery; but the rigging and all...
    Debates are like any other political event. In some cases you have to pay an entrance fee.

You need tickets for rallies which are free as well. You can’t just show up at an event randomly.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Debates are like any other political event. In some cases you have to pay an entrance fee.

You need tickets for rallies which are free as well. You can’t just show up at an event randomly.
    We can debate logistics, but the issue is favoritism/rigging/playing to the beltway and not the people.

Calling a $1750 ticket an "entrance fee".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well put. I never really held her decision to stand by against her though. Her willingness to skewer the big banks vastly outweighs a lot of missteps in my mind.
    I was ignorant on the subject, but from doing a little research, several outlets say that her decision not to run opened a lane for Bernie as opposed to not wanting to get in Hillary's way.

https://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...sident-in-2016

https://www.boston.com/news/politics...sident-in-2016

In any event, Bernie's hypocrisy rubs me way worse.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can debate logistics, but the issue is favoritism/rigging/playing to the beltway and not the people.

Calling a $1750 ticket an "entrance fee".
    Let me guess...most people in that audience weren’t just normal people. They were politicians and elite rich people.

The fact they were cheerleading for Bloomberg every time he talked is kind of a giveaway, derp.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let me guess...most people in that audience weren’t just normal people. They were politicians and elite rich people.

The fact they were cheerleading for Bloomberg every time he talked is kind of a giveaway, derp.
    This is no less brilliant than your $1750 entrance fee argument.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you think Bernie is the only authentic candidate for the Dems, I’m curious to hear your thoughts on Warren.
    She’ll break under pressure. The fact her campaign is in shambles is because she tried to pivot.

What’s authentic about Bernie is that he’s been saying the same thing for years, whether people agree with it or not. It shows conviction above the partisan thème du jour.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was ignorant on the subject, but from doing a little research, several outlets say that her decision not to run opened a lane for Bernie as opposed to not wanting to get in Hillary's way.

Those articles pretend Warren wasn't going to be Hillary Lite in 2016. Instead she's trying to be Bernie Lite in 2020. She had calculated that that along with Hillary's woman card would do it if the electorate went away from Biden; she was wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She’ll break under pressure. The fact her campaign is in shambles is because she tried to pivot.

What’s authentic about Bernie is that he’s been saying the same thing for years, whether people agree with it or not. It shows conviction above the partisan thème du jour.
    You don’t have problems with his pivot on delegates?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    What makes you think he pivoted in delegates, because Warren said he did? He was going to lose either way but the super delegates hurt him in 2016, they didn’t help him. The rule changes he fought for weakened the impact superdelegates have.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bias post.

You're looking past his own hypocrisy.

Warren showed flexibility and that made her an impure heathen. What a crime!

She should've waited until she showed her cards which is her fault. If you think Bernie won't have to shift his views even a little bit in the general you're fooling yourself.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bias post.

She should've waited until she showed her cards which is her fault. If you think Bernie won't have to shift his views even a little bit in the general you're fooling yourself.
    Looks like Warren is your preferred candidate?

Mine too -

except she is not going to make it - and Bernie has the movement building and the writing is on the wall:
    Bernie is the better bet to beat trump because of this movement/excitement -

but the Dem establishment is getting ready to screw the best candidate they have and give it to the DONORS darling -

either Biden or some other vanilla.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What makes you think he pivoted in delegates, because Warren said he did? He was going to lose either way but the super delegates hurt him in 2016, they didn’t help him. The rule changes he fought for weakened the impact superdelegates have.
    he wanted to eliminate superdelegates. the eventual compromise was not having them vote in the first round. that doesnt mean he wanted that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think he did. I mean, he went straight to support Shillary once he was beat and played it fair and square. That doesn’t mean that the superdelegates system doesn’t smell corrupt, and it wasn’t just berniebros that were upset at that.

I’m not a BernieBro though, I won’t defend everything he does or says, tbh, but just compare him to the field right now, he’s the only one with any kind of convictions. The fact that Bloomer joined in the race makes the contrast even bigger, and I think it does work in Bernie’s favor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bias post.

I’m not into purity tests, I’m just pointing out what seems to be a desirable in this electorate.

Shillary is a reminder of what happens when you put unlikeable, low energy, career politicos out there. I don’t know why the Dems would like to do that again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come again. Bernie 2016. Little different than Bernie 2020.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...r_vote_to.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont think Bernie will change his sales pitch, honestly. I don’t think it’s in him to do that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont think Bernie will change his sales pitch, honestly. I don’t think it’s in him to do that.
    his sales pitch is communism first and foremost. i hope the old dies a rough death when his next heart attack strikes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i hope the old dies a rough death when his next heart attack strikes.
    Not a calf tats post if he's not wishing death on somebody.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He's been pretty consistent over the years, other than his recent conversion to open borders.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

This is revisionist history by Warren. Bernie wanted her to run and only entered the race after Warren repeatedly said she wasn’t running. She also endorsed Clinton over Sanders so the idea that her not running was for the purpose of opening up a lane for Bernie makes no sense.

At the time she said she wasn’t running because she could “have more of an impact as a senator” but then when Clinton was choosing a running mate she was practically knocking on Clinton’s door begging to be VP, which makes no sense. If she was so worried about making a real impact as a senator then why the would she want to be VP, a position that’s effectively a glorified cheerleader?

Her narrative for why she didn’t run has constantly evolved because she doesn’t want to admit there was a DNC directive to stay out of Clinton’s way and she was scared about what would happen to her political career if she ignored it.

To be fair it’s not just her who I think a lot of people think less of for not running in 2016. Biden, Sherrod Brown and Booker were all thought of as potential candidates and none of them ran out of fear of DNC blowback for getting in Clinton’s way. I also think any of those three mop the floor with Trump in 2016 if they ran.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Come again. Bernie 2016. Little different than Bernie 2020.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...r_vote_to.html
    Put it in your own words like a big boy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Put it in your own words like a big boy.
    Why? You don't like it from the horse’s mouth?

Thread Information