Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess is Phoenix...but from a SA perspective we'd do that I believe..
    Easy yes for me

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toronto is Imho our ideal trade partner. It makrs no sense for them to still waiting for next drafts. They are built like a win now team that's not working because they have no big man in the middle, not enough good scorers/shooters from the bench, not enough (back up) play making. In a monster deal we could give all this to them (Poeltl, Richardson, McDermott, Jones) plus the benefits of taking back all of their bad, old or out of rotation players with more years (Porter, Birch, Flynn, Koloko, Young) at the cost of two unprotected first round picks...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toronto is Imho our ideal trade partner. It makrs no sense for them to still waiting for next drafts. They are built like a win now team that's not working because they have no big man in the middle, not enough good scorers/shooters from the bench, not enough (back up) play making. In a monster deal we could give all this to them (Poeltl, Richardson, McDermott, Jones) plus the benefits of taking back all of their bad, old or out of rotation players with more years (Porter, Birch, Flynn, Koloko, Young) at the cost of two unprotected first round picks...
    The problem is, they’re dropping like a stone in the standings. They could just as easily be sellers at the deadline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would laugh my ass off if we took back Thad in a deal that netted us FRPs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Updating my prediction to the Spurs trading no one and getting nothing in return.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Updating my prediction to the Spurs trading no one and getting nothing in return.
    Even after last year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If poodles doesn't get moved thats pretty much all the spurs got

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will say Spurs make a at least 2 deals (not including the trade they already made for cash). Whether thats absorbing a player using space and/or moving one+ of Josh, Doug and Jak. Tre being a dark horse to be moved.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going with a minimum of 2 deal by the deadline..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Josh been in street clothes the last two games. Just sayin’…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess is that Spurs have placeholder deals already set and are shopping around for a better quote in the meantime.

I feel like we will see a deal or two occur closer to the deadline.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going with a minimum of 2 deal by the deadline..
    I’d be disappointed if less. I’m thinking it’s:

1. Jak: some formulation of the Celtic trade (spurs net clean 28FRP)

2. Rich: a 3 team framework involving PHX/Crowder like the MIL one above or ATL/Jollins (spurs net a Suns FRP)

3. Cap rentals for a few SRPs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Josh been in street clothes the last two games. Just sayin’…
    Yeah, he doesn't look injured or sick, so they must be looking to possibly trade him or its all part of the tanking strategy. Both are likely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even after last year?
    Yeah, my prediction is not really based in a lack of trying by the Spurs FO but rather a reaction to the marketplace.

1) I think the market for Jak isn't as robust as we'd hope, and the offers we are getting/likely to get don't beat the Spurs next-best alternative of working on a new deal with him as a FA or facilitating a S&T
    2) I don't think there is much of a market for Doug and the Spurs don't view him as the negative asset that we do as fans
    3) I think Josh isn't going to fetch an offer that knocks our socks off, and the Spurs will find more value in him continuing as a mentor and maybe even re-upping in the offseason as our veteran leader. He seems to really like it here.

I will preface all this by saying I hope I am so wrong that it elicits ridicule from everyone, laughing at my wrongness. It's just my gut feeling.

One more qualifiers: I see Zollins as a dark horse who we trade before anyone else

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see Richardson as going. He's gone in the summer, no way will Pop allow him to stay, and he's less necessary now that's its clear Branham and Sochan can bring the ball up the court.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see Richardson as going. He's gone in the summer, no way will Pop allow him to stay, and he's less necessary now that's its clear Branham and Sochan can bring the ball up the court.
    The best bet for Richardson is he’s part of a framework that also saves the other team $$, e.g., Saric/Shatmet (~20M this year; 10M next) for Richardson (12M expiring). That should at least net a FRP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best bet for Richardson is he’s part of a framework that also saves the other team $$, e.g., Saric/Shatmet (~20M this year; 10M next) for Richardson (12M expiring). That should at least net a FRP.
    Now that the Suns have been sold, there isn’t the urgency to avoid the tax that there was under Sarver.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now that the Suns have been sold, there isn’t the urgency to avoid the tax that there was under Sarver.
    That deal hasn’t closed yet but regardless Sarver actually was willing to spend to win these last few years. He’s on record as saying so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That deal hasn’t closed yet but regardless Sarver actually was willing to spend to win these last few years. He’s on record as saying so.
    He didn’t have to spend on Ayton until this season. That’s another level of tax to spend. Their tax avoidance previously, like not picking up Smiths year 3 option of $4.5M were all leading to this season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1st round draft picks paying off already

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SpursTalk - thoughts on a deal like this:

Suns Get: Doug McDermott + Serge Ibaka + 2 2nd RD picks from Bucks

Bucks Get: Crowder

Spurs Get: Saric + Hill + Nwora + 1st from Suns

Suns not only shed Crowder and get a rotational player for him, but they get 2 2nds and shed 4M off salaries to help with taxes. Bucks get their guy for the package they have already offered. Spurs get their 1st for Doug and using some of their cap space to eat money this year/3M next year

Spurs then waive Dieng again and another player but they get their first for Doug/Cap Space rental while shedding 10M next year for more space (even if not needed)
    Last edited by DPG21920; 02-01-2023 at 01:45 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SpursTalk - thoughts on a deal like this:

Suns Get: Doug McDermott + Serge Ibaka + 2 2nd RD picks from Bucks

Bucks Get: Crowder

Spurs Get: Saric + Hill + Nwora + 1st from Suns

Suns not only shed Crowder and get a rotational player for him, but they get 2 2nds and shed 4M off salaries to help with taxes. Bucks get their guy for the package they have already offered. Spurs get their 1st for Doug and using some of their cap space to eat money this year/3M next year

Spurs then waive Dieng again and another player but they get their first for Doug/Cap Space rental while shedding 10M next year for more space (even if not needed)
    I'd do that in half a heartbeat..

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see the Suns dealing Saric. After a slow start he's been pretty good for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We know Bucks do it since no change to their current offer as reported. Think SA does it since have space to absorb 4M this year no problem and it gets them a first for Doug. Question is would Suns rather:

Get two 2nds from Bucks & Nwora, Ibaka, Hill

Or

Get Doug who is better than Nwora/Hill, 2 2nds still, but send out a first to upgrade to Doug & save solid money

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We know Bucks do it since no change to their current offer as reported. Think SA does it since have space to absorb 4M this year no problem and it gets them a first for Doug. Question is would Suns rather:

Get two 2nds from Bucks & Nwora, Ibaka, Hill

Or

Get Doug who is better than Nwora/Hill, 2 2nds still, but send out a first to upgrade to Doug & save solid money
    They might prefer Josh to Doug since they can get off of his money earlier....and I'd still do the deal if we replaced Doug with Josh.

Thread Information