Page 334 of 397 FirstFirst ... 234284324330331332333334335336337338344384 ... LastLast
Results 8,326 to 8,350 of 9906
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per Inside Texas, TCU is worth monitoring with WR Quentin Johnston right now, and same goes for CB Kitan Crawford with Washington.

Crawford appears to be worried that Coach Washington will be let go.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Inside Texas had an update this morning and they're now saying Chris Ash is the floor for UT's defensive coordinator search, meaning there are other names ahead of him currently.

They don't believe it's nearly as likely he ends up being the hire since Texas is aiming a lot higher.

For the offense, Graham Harrell is THE guy and they believe it's encouraging that they aren't hearing any other names on that front.

They do think Helton will be fired at USC, but things could potentially change a lot if Meyer is hired.
    I'm glad the floor seems to be Ash and honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up on the staff as a safeties coach/defensive back coach either way.

I find the USC-Meyer rumors interesting. I've been reading the USC sites these past few days, and the only ones thinking Meyer will come to USC (or at least be offered the job) are fans claiming to be insiders (I don't know their track-records). All the mods are very much in doubt and the big national guys are saying USC won't even attempt to bring Meyer to LA.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    According to The Football Brainiacs, things have calmed down a lot with WR Brennan Eagles since the firings on Sunday.

His plan is to remain at Texas.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'm glad the floor seems to be Ash and honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up on the staff as a safeties coach/defensive back coach either way.

I find the USC-Meyer rumors interesting. I've been reading the USC sites these past few days, and the only ones thinking Meyer will come to USC (or at least be offered the job) are fans claiming to be insiders (I don't know their track-records). All the mods are very much in doubt and the big national guys are saying USC won't even attempt to bring Meyer to LA.
    Agreed, USC seems to be on the same level as Texas when it comes to the idea of hiring Meyer, but you never know how far they'll go since they haven't been winning.

Urban may be offered the Cowboys job anyway.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    What is the time line for the hiring of DC and OC
    Last edited by Ballin42; 12-03-2019 at 02:48 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Meyer sold his soul to the devil one too many times. I just don't see an ins ution like USC or Texas hiring him regardless of how much winning really matters. He is dirty and always will be. Just my .02 cents. Urban needs to look to the SEC, if he wants to coach collage again.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Meyer sold his soul to the devil one too many times. I just don't see an ins ution like USC or Texas hiring him regardless of how much winning really matters. He is dirty and always will be. Just my .02 cents. Urban needs to look to the SEC, if he wants to coach collage again.
    Agreed.
    Want nothing to do with the freak.
    Maybe ATM can eventually take him and make the Sherrill, Franchione, Jimbo crab leg hires look like good guys.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I have read before early signing day which is December 18th.

Personally, I'd be pretty surprised if it took two weeks unless Herman is just striking out left and right.

He could be going after a DC coaching for a playoff team, but usually in that scenario, the guy is announced for his new team and then he'll decide if he wants to move immediately and start recruiting or finish with old team first.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I’ve read OC is ASAP (bc Harrell is done with his regular season) while DC may take longer (bc top targets are still in season, I’m thinking Herman is looking at the nfl).

NFL?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The Football Brainiacs re-emphasized today that a Chris Ash hiring would mean Herman missed on a handful of other candidates.

One guy that has been contacted is Mizzou DC Ryan Walters.

Inside Texas had an update this morning and they're now saying Chris Ash is the floor for UT's defensive coordinator search, meaning there are other names ahead of him currently.

They don't believe it's nearly as likely he ends up being the hire since Texas is aiming a lot higher.

For the offense, Graham Harrell is THE guy and they believe it's encouraging that they aren't hearing any other names on that front.

They do think Helton will be fired at USC, but things could potentially change a lot if Meyer is hired.
    most recently, sounds like so much depends on what USC does. As has been noted, sounds like most of the big guns there don't want Urban, so they're looking at James Franklin. Barring a big name, the likelihood Helton stays increases, which would make it harder (not impossible) to pull Harrell.

regarding Ash, the more I read about him, the more "impressed" (not wholly overwhelmed, but not as underwhelmed as initially) I am with his credentials, not just as a DC, but also with the DB background and in recruiting (has been a recruiting coordinator multiple seasons, I believe, with P5 programs).

not saying I'd be thrilled, but we could do far worse probably. Again, though, let's shoot for the best and see how it plays out.

Man that Josh Shaw situation is odd.

https://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/i...nsion-gambling
    From what ESPN stated, he didn't fix the game but still bet...

https://www.espn.com/los-angeles/col...-admitting-lie
    This is the same guy that when he was a senior in college, made up a story that he jumped from a second story to save somebody when he really did it to evade the cops, I believe. Troubled guy it seems.
    Last edited by woofwoof; 12-03-2019 at 06:47 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas checking on 2022 RB Jamarion Miller of Tyler Lee today.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jamarion-Miller-46058624/
    Last edited by TFloss32; 12-03-2019 at 10:45 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    An Ole Miss mod has put in a Texas crystal ball for LB JaQwondis Burns of IMG Academy.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jaqwondis-Burns-46078938/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

I wonder how that will affect us going after Graham Harrell?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I wonder how that will affect us going after Graham Harrell?
    If I remember correctly USC had a plethora of QB injuries and all the QBs seemed to keep their offense moving forward. As a team they were wildly inconsistent.

Thread Information