Page 58 of 171 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 4270
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He won’t ever be at this level this but Tre Mann gives me some Dame dolla vibes
    I definitely see shades of Dame and Trae Young although I know how unfair that is to all three players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently Mann has a shorter wingspan, but he was measured two years ago at 6'2" and is supposedly 6'5" now... He's only 20, so he might not be done growing-- a 6'6" PG with a 6'6" wingspan would be fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Garuba is my wild card and my fourth man after Sengun, Moody and Giddey.

Imo he's way better than we think, playing in Real, Euroleague. He's a little bit undersized but really active and i think the upside is here as he starts to shoot the 3 better and he is a really good presence in the paint.
    At 6’8”, he has to have perimeter skills, and I don’t just mean shooting. He has to develop dribble/pass/shoot skills, or he’ll be Bo Outlaw. If he were 6’10”, he’d be a shoo in top 6-8 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At 6’8”, he has to have perimeter skills, and I don’t just mean shooting. He has to develop dribble/pass/shoot skills, or he’ll be Bo Outlaw. If he were 6’10”, he’d be a shoo in top 6-8 pick.
    wingspan is more important than height. He can guard most centers and 3’s. Should at least develop a rim running game and can partner next to a Dieng type center.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Undersized center with big defensive rep (and weak offensive game) coming from ACB ... Anybody remember Bismack Biyombo?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a question for the experts:
    Does Greg Brown last to the second round where Spurs take a flyer on that knucklehead?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wingspan is more important than height. He can guard most centers and 3’s. Should at least develop a rim running game and can partner next to a Dieng type center.
    Not if his only skill are for a 5. 6’8”is way too small to be a center. A 6’8” rim runner is irrelevant in today’s game. , bigger ones aren’t even valuable. Houston salary dumped Clint Capela, one of the best rim runners in the league a couple of years ago. Got played off the floor in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Undersized center with big defensive rep (and weak offensive game0 coming from ACB ... Anybody remember Bismack Biyombo?
    Horrifyingly.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a question for the experts:
    Does Greg Brown last to the second round where Spurs take a flyer on that knucklehead?
    I am not an expert but I see Brown as late first early second round pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not if his only skill are for a 5. 6’8”is way too small to be a center. A 6’8” rim runner is irrelevant in today’s game. , bigger ones aren’t even valuable. Houston salary dumped Clint Capela, one of the best rim runners in the league a couple of years ago. Got played off the floor in the playoffs.
    He is more Draymond and Pascal than he is Bismack. He can defend guards and has shown flashes of playmaking and high Bball iq. Size wise, he is exactly who the Spurs are looking for. He has potential to be a stud at the 4. Capela and Biyombo can’t guard anyone lower than a 4 so those are bad examples.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moody is a preferred pick of mines but he's been posting a lot of LA lately, do we really want a player who is in love with another city?

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has some dribble skills, some passing smarts, but yeah, the Bo Outlaw comparison makes you have reservation. Honestly, everyone 10-20 has reservations for me. Which makes me wonder if Chris Duarte is this year’s Desmond Bane? Meaning, there’s a quality player with few flaws, but projects as a 10 year role player? And should he be getting way more attention?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I definitely see shades of Dame and Trae Young although I know how unfair that is to all three players.
    Mann looks pretty impressive on the highlight reels (admittedly a low bar). He looks to have a feel for the game and he's aggressive, he goes to the hoop with floaters but he can also shoot, a great combo. He's smooth, clever and efficient (vs explosive).

Apparently Mann has a shorter wingspan, but he was measured two years ago at 6'2" and is supposedly 6'5" now... He's only 20, so he might not be done growing-- a 6'6" PG with a 6'6" wingspan would be fine.
    Is wingspan even all that important for a point guard? For example, what was Tony Parker's wingspan?

I'm not sure you can take him at 12 but has has been moving up (as high as 10 in one mock).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wingspan on the perimeter can be a factor if the player is extraordinarily lengthy for their height, like DJ. Surprises ball handlers with their ability to pick off dribbles seemingly out of reach and intercept passes.

Timing and instincts are more important though.

Dejounte Murray with Derrick Whites anticipation and positioning would be a perennial DPOY candidate. Probably pretty similar defender to thybulle, tbh. Almost the perfect defender of guards.
    Last edited by PrimeMinister; 05-28-2021 at 10:29 AM.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have 6 first rounders from the past 5 drafts, plus #12 this year.
    DJ $14.2
    White $15.1
    Lonnie
    Luka
    Keldon
    Devin
    2021#12

If you look at those first two extension year 1 amounts, and do some math, it’s obvious that not everyone is getting a nice extension. That tends to cause friction. It would be easier to move a few of them spread over a couple of years, and Lonnie is at the top of my list.

with what Lonnie has shown, plus the 12 should be enough to get into the top, 8?

might be worth it.

moody is my first choice. Moody screams Bradley Beal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moody is a preferred pick of mines but he's been posting a lot of LA lately, do we really want a player who is in love with another city?
    Pretty sure every draft pick has a favorite team and none of them will be the Spurs. I like the fact that he went to a school like Arkansas at least, he had some offers from bigger basketball schools in better cities.
    Last edited by Kurik; 05-28-2021 at 12:16 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wagner earned his spot on the team with stellar grades (a perfect 4.0 GPA), and a pursuit of an Organizational Studies program that accepts only around 25 percent of Michigan students who apply to the program. He was also named an Academic All-Big Ten selection in 2021 and is a two-time U-M Academic Achievement honoree. In 2020, he was honored as the U-M Academic Success Program's Male Rookie of the Year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    both the score's and CBS's latest mock drafts have the spurs picking isaiah jackson.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...name-nba-draft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I look at Vrenz Bleijenbergh, the more I'm intrigued.

20 years old. 6'10" playmaker from Belgium. He has skill as a long, mobile offensive initiator and passer that the Spurs don't have right now, except for Derrick who's not long, but is our best initiator. Derrick has chronic injury questions though. Bleijenbergh is a solid shooter from deep. He's got possibilities as a point forward, and I think that's what this current Spurs equation tangibly lacks, along with 3-point consistency. He's the player I keep wishing Luka will be.

I don't think the Spurs can contend with Dejounte as a traditional starting point guard. Derrick is the starter, with DJ as a much better 6th man than a traditional starting point guard. I can see Vrenz as a point forward initiating offense with solid defensive switchability to cover multiple positions.

I think he'll be drafted long before the Spurs pick at #41, where he would be a no-brainer. Does he warrant being drafted at #12 though? I'm not sure yet. (Maybe trade down to get him + another pick?) But given the shortcomings of the Spurs' current guard collection, his skillset has my attention.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    both the score's and CBS's latest mock drafts have the spurs picking isaiah jackson.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...name-nba-draft
    Last year, mock drafts had Aaron Nesmith and Saddiq Bey to the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think this was facilitated by jackson's announcement that he is staying in the draft based on his getting feedback that he will be a lottery pick. this then fuels the speculation.

i also thought that the 11-21 picks on the score's latest mock were very interesting.

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/2175761

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did they have Vassell in the top 10?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think this was facilitated by jackson's announcement that he is staying in the draft based on his getting feedback that he will be a lottery pick. this then fuels the speculation.

i also thought that the 11-21 picks on the score's latest mock were very interesting.

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/2175761
    Isaiah Jackson would be a very Sacto-like pick. They always pick UK bigs, WCS, and Boogie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isaiah Jackson would be a very Sacto-like pick. They always pick UK bigs, WCS, and Boogie.
    Those guys had way more offensive potential than Jackson.

The Spurs need a versatile big. Jackson is a big.

A higher-end version of Poeltl? He shoots free throws better but he'll never be a shooter. How does that move the needle?

Jackson reminds me a bit of that high-flying Lob-city guy from A&M with the Clippers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those guys had way more offensive potential than Jackson.

The Spurs need a versatile big. Jackson is a big.

A higher-end version of Poeltl? He shoots free throws better but he'll never be a shooter. How does that move the needle?

Jackson reminds me a bit of that high-flying Lob-city guy from A&M with the Clippers.
    Higher-end Poeltl? Hard pass then, tbqh. You only replace a serviceable big like Jakob, playing in a low-importance position in the modern game, with a game-changing archetype kind of player. I'd be all for it if it was a KAT, JJJ type of prospect, but a "better FT shooting" version of Poeltl that'll have to spend years learning the system, defense, and just developing before even being serviceable is a waste of a lottery pick, not to mention a bad ROI.

Spurs have way bigger holes to fill, IMO.

Thread Information