My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - A top 5 talent and proven champ in Kawhi

- An elite #2 in Paul George who has finally arrived

-Lethal/clutch role players in Rondo, Kennard, Jackson, Mann, Morris, Batum

-Elite defense

- A head coach with a proven championship

- A TEAM who all have each other’s backs and have lots of fun winning games together

They showed the heart of a champion through out this series. Utah is going to be overwhelmed along with everyone else against the Clips.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Elite defense just gave up 111 points in a game 7, I'm looking more at their offense tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But yeah, I'm rooting for the Clippers to win the championship. As the Lakers are out I no longer have any hate-able teams left, except maybe the Nets because Durbeta.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

-Elite defense

- A TEAM who all have each other’s backs and have lots of fun winning games together

They showed the heart of a champion through out this series. Utah is going to be overwhelmed along with everyone else against the Clips.
    I don't see it, but I'm gladdened to hear it.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    plenty of depth

still no one is good at creating offense aside from rondo, which will bite them in the butt against legit defensive teams

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    plenty of depth

still no one is good at creating offense aside from rondo, which will bite them in the butt against legit defensive teams
    Uh, oh, now I'm scared again. I'm putting myself down for a nap.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Uh, oh, now I'm scared again. I'm putting myself down for a nap.
    ok?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

-Elite defense

All of this is true except the part about having fun. I mean winning is fun but Kawhi doesn't seem like he inspires a jovial locker room. Sometimes he's scoring buckets and teammates seem like awkward to want to celebrate with him since he so autistic. Of course if he was a Spur we'd say he was too classy to celebrate or show much emotion lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    plenty of depth

Fortunately it's 2021, so those don't exist anymore. The Duncan Spurs, Big Five Pistons, Grit-N-Grind Grizzlies, etc. ain't walkin' through that door.

Believe.
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    Jazz in 6

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just can’t see it. Clippers have a major edge. They have the better superstar, better #2, better supporting cast, better coach, and more heart and championship poise.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It took them 7 games to beat a one man team. They’re all talent, no heart, absolute frontrunning bags.

If Luka had even one reliable teammate this series, Mavs win. Instead we’ve got a glorified Channing Frye on a max contract and the most inconsistent shooters you’ve ever seen.

Banned
    My Team
    Brooklyn Nets
    Post Count

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    It took them 7 games to beat a one man team. They’re all talent, no heart, absolute frontrunning bags.

If Luka had even one reliable teammate this series, Mavs win. Instead we’ve got a glorified Channing Frye on a max contract and the most inconsistent shooters you’ve ever seen.
    You also said the same thing after getting sent home in 7 back in ‘14

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Fortunately it's 2021, so those don't exist anymore. The Duncan Spurs, Big Five Pistons, Grit-N-Grind Grizzlies, etc. ain't walkin' through that door.

...neither is the Daddy/Kobe/8-5 Lakers, right, MM?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...neither is the Daddy/Kobe/8-5 Lakers, right, MM?
    I don't consider them a top defensive team. They were a top halfcourt offense with a couple flaws: Daddy's FT shooting and the streakiness of the shooting of the older role players. The defense was hit or miss. They sure couldn't stop Sacramento to save their lives. Only Sacramento and their icy shooting/fishy foul calls in game 6/terrible free throw shooting in that game 7, got Sacramento beat.

Those Lakers routinely gave up 100+ in a much more slow paced halfcourt offense era in the NBA. They won those 3 championships on sheer star power, some clutch shooting from the vet role players, some timely whistles in their favor, and other teams (Blazers/Kings to name a couple) shooting themselves in the foot at the worst possible time to the Lakers' benefit.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You also said the same thing after getting sent home in 7 back in ‘14
    In 2014 I said the Mavs would have won if Luka Dončić had more help? Ok

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Their 2 weaknesses are not having a playmaker and lack of size.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Had them going to the Finals till I saw them struggle vs a one man team.

Jazz in 6.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don't consider them a top defensive team. They were a top halfcourt offense with a couple flaws: Daddy's FT shooting and the streakiness of the shooting of the older role players. The defense was hit or miss. They sure couldn't stop Sacramento to save their lives. Only Sacramento and their icy shooting/fishy foul calls in game 6/terrible free throw shooting in that game 7, got Sacramento beat.

Those Lakers routinely gave up 100+ in a much more slow paced halfcourt offense era in the NBA. They won those 3 championships on sheer star power, some clutch shooting from the vet role players, some timely whistles in their favor, and other teams (Blazers/Kings to name a couple) shooting themselves in the foot at the worst possible time to the Lakers' benefit.
    Was that the game where Webber walked away from Horry?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Had them going to the Finals till I saw them struggle vs a one man team.

Jazz in 6.
    Oh, Lordy, I don't like the sound of that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This kind of reminds me of the Spurs in '14. They have a disappointing loss the year before. They meet Jim Carrey in the first round and he pushes them to 7 games. However it kind of galvanizes them for the championship run. I guess we'll see if they sweep the Jazz in the next round like the Spurs did to the Blazers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

THJ was pretty reliable. He shot the lights out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jazz in 5 imo

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This kind of reminds me of the Spurs in '14. They have a disappointing loss the year before. They meet Jim Carrey in the first round and he pushes them to 7 games. However it kind of galvanizes them for the championship run. I guess we'll see if they sweep the Jazz in the next round like the Spurs did to the Blazers.
    You're much too kind.

Thread Information