Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop, I can only get so erect.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Samanic? He strikes me as a loner vs Splitter and other European players we had in the past. But then again we had Manu, TP took them under their wings and get them acclimated.
    Luka still has that "learning to be alone" cringe quote in his instagram bio. Dude is an emo child.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Where's Murray? Too good to be in a group chat? Trade his ass already.
    I'm hesitant to take this at face value... But if he specifically left out DJ, could that mean something? Maybe all his "leadership" thing isn't as permeating to the team as he makes it seem? Fingers crossed for a deadline trade, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was too busy dunking on 10 year olds

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Young guns are all excited now that Bryn is gone?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm hesitant to take this at face value... But if he specifically left out DJ, could that mean something? Maybe all his "leadership" thing isn't as permeating to the team as he makes it seem? Fingers crossed for a deadline trade, tbh
    Same here. I'm only half joking when I said what I said. My sarcasm is at its peak today and it's hard to detect lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same here. I'm only half joking when I said what I said. My sarcasm is at its peak today and it's hard to detect lol
    Bahaha I noticed that, the Luka post was good too. But I'm thinking it over and it's a bit su ious... DJ is generally the one everyone talks about when they mention "leadership" and stuff, and suddenly he's absent from these calls? Could be nothing, but weird. Also, is DJ supposed to be interviewed at some point? Is there a schedule or something, so that only Lonnie and Rudy spoke today, Patty yesterday, and someone else tomorrow...?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bahaha I noticed that, the Luka post was good too. But I'm thinking it over and it's a bit su ious... DJ is generally the one everyone talks about when they mention "leadership" and stuff, and suddenly he's absent from these calls? Could be nothing, but weird. Also, is DJ supposed to be interviewed at some point? Is there a schedule or something, so that only Lonnie and Rudy spoke today, Patty yesterday, and someone else tomorrow...?
    They only announce who is scheduled to interview the night before. I think tomorrow is the last day for interviews.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dejounte gets a mention here, Sugus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dejounte gets a mention here, Sugus.
    Smh.... Well, he only talks about DJ as a defensive player, not a leader. Let me have this........... Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"We gonna expect more out of the young players this year."

KobesAchilles

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy is saying there will be a lot less isolation and more ball movement. Pop is finally going back to the 2014 style of play

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you want to win there is no choice but to move and share the ball and expect more from the young players. What they were doing did not work. Just getting rid of Forbes and Beli and still iso LMA or DDR ain't gonna get it done.

Go down swinging with the young ones-maybe they will catch lightening in a bottle and be somebody,

It would be a great story: Young Spurs put it together-vets hang on for ride.

It could happen.

Or not

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Mills might legit start (especially with White out)

Murray, Jones
    Mills, Walker
    DeRozan, Vassell
    Lyles, Gay
    Aldridge, Poeltl

That would be my guess for Pop's planned SL if everyone is still injured by the time games start. MAYBE KBD can replace Vassell, but that'd obviously not be an every-game thing. Though I do think it'd be possible for the Spurs to sign KBD to a two-way pay him as that for half the season, then move him up to the 15th spot once enough time has passed to where the team can fit the prorated min under the tax and then sign a guy like Reynolds to the two-way slot KBD used to have. That's not really the point of this thread, but I thought I'd drop in in.

Anyway, yeah, I think Pop liked Forbes starting and truly believes that the SL needs a small shooter. Having Mills in place of Bryn maintains that and adds a bit of ball-handling to supplement Murray. It leaves the second unit thin, but what can you do? Walker might be gearing up to be a play-maker in the second unit, and with Jones, Vassell, Gay and even Poeltl, there's probably enough passing to form a workable lineup. I'd MUCH rather see Lonnie start, but it makes sense to do it this way for defensive purposes. I also expect Lyles and Sam to have an intense battle in camp. Trey has been a solid player with SA, but that's basically all he's been. I hope the Spurs believe Luka will eventually surpass that. Maybe this is the year to find out. If Sam can shoot well and rebound okay, I think he helps the downhill offense Pop wants to establish. If he can hold down the fort, it'd also free up Lyles' expiring for trades. The team already has a number of expiring deals, but they don't really have much salary to offer in a win-now trade. Lyles, Walker and Sam together gives them the ability to take back like $15 Million in salary, which is enough for a solid player. I don't anticipate that, but who knows?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Mills might legit start (especially with White out)

Murray, Jones
    Mills, Walker
    DeRozan, Vassell
    Lyles, Gay
    Aldridge, Poeltl

That would be my guess for Pop's planned SL if everyone is still injured by the time games start. MAYBE KBD can replace Vassell, but that'd obviously not be an every-game thing. Though I do think it'd be possible for the Spurs to sign KBD to a two-way pay him as that for half the season, then move him up to the 15th spot once enough time has passed to where the team can fit the prorated min under the tax and then sign a guy like Reynolds to the two-way slot KBD used to have. That's not really the point of this thread, but I thought I'd drop in in.

Anyway, yeah, I think Pop liked Forbes starting and truly believes that the SL needs a small shooter. Having Mills in place of Bryn maintains that and adds a bit of ball-handling to supplement Murray. It leaves the second unit thin, but what can you do? Walker might be gearing up to be a play-maker in the second unit, and with Jones, Vassell, Gay and even Poeltl, there's probably enough passing to form a workable lineup. I'd MUCH rather see Lonnie start, but it makes sense to do it this way for defensive purposes. I also expect Lyles and Sam to have an intense battle in camp. Trey has been a solid player with SA, but that's basically all he's been. I hope the Spurs believe Luka will eventually surpass that. Maybe this is the year to find out. If Sam can shoot well and rebound okay, I think he helps the downhill offense Pop wants to establish. If he can hold down the fort, it'd also free up Lyles' expiring for trades. The team already has a number of expiring deals, but they don't really have much salary to offer in a win-now trade. Lyles, Walker and Sam together gives them the ability to take back like $15 Million in salary, which is enough for a solid player. I don't anticipate that, but who knows?
    With how Mills has been running his mouth, I wouldn't be surprised. Just expecting it now so I won't be as disappointed. Could raise his trade value too.

Regarding Sam vs Trey, it's true I could see it happening. I have a feeling these two really ing hate each other. One never mentions the other. I remember earlier in the season, Luka liked a comment where someone said there's no way Lyles was taking his (Luka's) spot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With how Mills has been running his mouth, I wouldn't be surprised. Just expecting it now so I won't be as disappointed. Could raise his trade value too.

Regarding Sam vs Trey, it's true I could see it happening. I have a feeling these two really ing hate each other. One never mentions the other. I remember earlier in the season, Luka liked a comment where someone said there's no way Lyles was taking his (Luka's) spot.
    So long as they channel it into competing and pushing each other harder, that's all good...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray, Mills, DeRozan, Lyles, Aldridge

its just so last year-great I guess

Shrug

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mike Miller busted all over Gary Neal wearing a sock! I know u remember
    I've tried to burn the memories of 2013 out of my mind!

Gary was the original Bryn Forbes (or was the Ime Udoka or Keith "the centerpiece" Bogans) except he wasn't as hated as much on ST (until those NBA Finals).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray, Mills, DeRozan, Lyles, Aldridge

its just so last year-great I guess

Shrug
    That, Imho, is the right starting line up if we are keen to have a next draft lottery pick... Puts in evidence all the same defects of last year (unsustainable defensive liabilities and no chance of sufficient and efficient 3 point shooting)... Probably leaves to our bench the task to (improve, being made for most of young people, and) fight for keep the game in line, while once they achieve this goal the starters are back for the 4th quarter and we are then gonna lose the game...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last year our starters were out the gate and we tried to rely on the bench to get us back into it. That doesn't work without Manu. We were 17th in 1st quarter scoring and 14th in 2nd quarter scoring. (By comparison we ranked 3rd in 3rdQ scoring and 8th in 4thQ scoring) Slow starts killed us as a team. This year the starters better be on point from quarter 1.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've tried to burn the memories of 2013 out of my mind!

Gary was the original Bryn Forbes (or was the Ime Udoka or Keith "the centerpiece" Bogans) except he wasn't as hated as much on ST (until those NBA Finals).
    Steve Kerr was the original Forbes.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since we kept LaMonstercus Aldridge, we match up well with the Lakers...

White >> Schroder
    DeMar >> Kaldwell- Pope
    Keldon = LeBron
    LMA > Anthony Davis
    Poetl = Marc Gasol

Championships, baby!
    what are u smokin dude

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With out Derek White and Keldon Johnson the starting line up will be just as bad as last year

Thread Information