My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hilarious.

"If the MSM reports on it, maybe it's worth another look."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread has THE highest "read" count of any politics thread.

Random bump of the day #2.

I will stop there, and beg apologies for bumping threads of no real import.

Back to the regularly scheduled boutons/bizarro_boutons ranting.

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    This thread contains even more win than I remembered.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    bump.

Wow.

Read.

All.

Pages.

Not really, but I read a lot of them.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I voted for Obama because I absolutely loathe the idea of the unitary executive, and hope he'll dismantle some of the Patriot Act bills. (Of course, his vote for FISA/telecom immunity doesn't give me lots of hope, but moreso than McCain.)
    Hahahaha. Stupid me.

Live by what you Speak. DarkReign's Avatar
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Hahahaha. Stupid me.
    I ended up voting Bob Barr based solely on my disgust with the system of elections.

I will say however, this thread was incredibly entertaining to read (again). Remember sane Extra Stout? Yeah...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    epic back and forth with Trainwreck2100 at the end there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok DarrinS, I give you a pass on having two accounts. I read about half of the thread and you were funny (and surprisingly reasonable when posting as yourself).
    Last edited by Drachen; 11-08-2012 at 05:34 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh and BTW, I am glad I read it. I have been trying to find the video of that lady who "should have her ovaries scraped and hunted for sport" for a long time. Now I know where to find it if ever I need it (I could never get the search terms right).

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Originally Posted by Bartleby
    You're not one of those "Obama is the anti-Christ" people, are you?

I don't know. Maybe.

I have not rulled out the possibility, but I don't have enough information yet to be certain one way or the other.

If Senator Obama has addressed the anti Christ accusations, I would be greatly interested to hear what he had to say.
    Have any articles/ quotes?
    who the is this angel_luv ????

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I didn't say Obama was the anti Christ- only that he COULD be and that time would prove it one way or the other.

I am just saying that I am watching Senator Obama- very carefully.

The Anti Christ is going to be someone that is well spoken, well liked, charismatic, impressive and likely handsome.
    The Anti Christ will be convincing and a humanitarian.
    Not until later in his reign will the Anti Christ show his true colors and prove to be the villian that he is.

What concerns me about Obama is 1) how he appears to be so easily and widespread received as a political savior
    and 2) the instances in which Obama subtly undermines the Truth of the Bible while appearing to embrace it.

I offer this example of the latter:

You cannot pick and choose portions of the Scripture to embrace. Either God's Word is ALL true or it is a lie.

In the above referenced verses, we are not even talking about Old Testament vs New Testament.
    Senator Obama does not even have the faith to take the entire New Testament as it is written.

Yet Senator Obama is willing to reference to parts of it such as the Sermon on the Mount that he knows most everyone will find palatable.

You may all think I am crazy.
    But at least you can know I am not a liar because I tell you EXACTLY what I believe, regardless of how popular or unpopular my view is.

Someone, someday WILL be the anti christ, so I am not sure why you find so shocking the fact that I am open to Obama proving to be he.
    Again, I admit nothing has been absolutely proven- yet.
    really ??? Too bad this poster doesn't post anymore, this is comedy gold !!!!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok DarrinS, I give you a pass on having two accounts. I read about half of the thread and you were funny (and surprisingly reasonable when posting as yourself).

I can still be reasonable when I'm not attacked by a group of shin-kicking children (you know who you are).

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too sensitive tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I lost track of thread along time ago and never read all 56 pages.

So, was it ever proven conclusively that Obama is not the antichrist?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I ended up voting Bob Barr based solely on my disgust with the system of elections.

I will say however, this thread was incredibly entertaining to read (again). Remember sane Extra Stout? Yeah...
    reading through some of Stout's stuff, it's too bad he went crazy and splintered off into various guises. He had some really good takes, very intelligent and thoughtful. Maybe he was bored of being serious on here since so many are full of .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

By Angel_luv's own litmus test? Yes it was conclusively proven (within the first several pages, I believe). If she ever conceded that he passed her own test with flying colors, I don't know. (I didn't read the whole thing).

Motivation for me... Stringer_Bell's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The jury is still out, we need to see if he allows Iran to get teh n00ks. If he does, it's 100% super-duper true that Obama is the antichrist. It just hasn't happened - yet.

Tbqh, if I was the Devil, I would choose the form of a well-educated black man so that if anyone in this PC modern society criticized me - I and my surrogates could cry "RACISM!! RACISTSSSS!" and just go about my business. I mean, isn't it kind of funny that nobody in Hawaii remembers Barry as a child and no one remembers him from high school or college? It's just like he appeared out of nowhere, AMIRIGHT???!

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Funny fact actually... there's probably a reason this is the most viewed thread.

http://www.theatlantic.com/daily-dis...s-take/209859/

So, DarkReign, I guess I can thank you for bringing me to Spurstalk in the first place.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count

Haven't you heard?

That's the Devil's greatest feat. Convincing people he doesn't exist!

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Obama isn't the anti-Christ. He's Bush on steroids.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Obama isn't the anti-Christ. He's Bush on steroids.
    Really?

You mean he wants to reduce regulations, increase energy production, and cut taxes?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I didn't say Obama was the anti Christ- only that he COULD be and that time would prove it one way or the other.

I am just saying that I am watching Senator Obama- very carefully.

The Anti Christ is going to be someone that is well spoken, well liked, charismatic, impressive and likely handsome.
    The Anti Christ will be convincing and a humanitarian.
    Not until later in his reign will the Anti Christ show his true colors and prove to be the villian that he is.

What concerns me about Obama is 1) how he appears to be so easily and widespread received as a political savior
    and 2) the instances in which Obama subtly undermines the Truth of the Bible while appearing to embrace it.

I offer this example of the latter:

You cannot pick and choose portions of the Scripture to embrace. Either God's Word is ALL true or it is a lie.

In the above referenced verses, we are not even talking about Old Testament vs New Testament.
    Senator Obama does not even have the faith to take the entire New Testament as it is written.

Yet Senator Obama is willing to reference to parts of it such as the Sermon on the Mount that he knows most everyone will find palatable.

You may all think I am crazy.
    But at least you can know I am not a liar because I tell you EXACTLY what I believe, regardless of how popular or unpopular my view is.

Someone, someday WILL be the anti christ, so I am not sure why you find so shocking the fact that I am open to Obama proving to be he.
    Again, I admit nothing has been absolutely proven- yet.
    thats right honey. all of the bible or none.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Clinton is visible, and audible, she's lying and - losing.

It is biblically certain that a God-blessed country that has, in its history, looked upward to God and pleased Him with its sending of help, protection, food and missionaries into a dark, despotic world would become a prominent target for Satan's demonic attacks.

These attacks over the last two generations have been effective - as America, in her prosperity, has turned away from God in a comfortable, rising standard of living and [abused] self-government that was the envy of the world.

The blessings and hedge of protection that America once enjoyed, even without conscious thought, are being withheld and withdrawn by God.

As Clinton supporters (below) defend yet another impending attack from the devil, in the form of an elected evildoer in the White House as president, it is clear that another period of darkness, not seen since The Civil War, is looming.

Clinton is a very bad person. The rate at which our indifference to this type of menace taking over, is breathtaking. So is the ignorance - and blindness.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    anyone but clinton
    clinton is a proven bad person in office

Thread Information