Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Nice sig man. Congrats on the le. Sincerely hope you don't repeat.
    As long as they don't have to play the Spurs. 2007 was plenty enough for me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we're being honest here, most of the anti-today posters are bitter and angry that all this money is being poured into this primarily Black and International league, tbh..they were content watching a league where the players weren't getting paid astronomical figures and they could watch Black players commit "hard fouls" and hurt each other..

I cringe when I read or hear "fundamentals" in basketball terms.. That's just a synonym for "our way".. They used to do it " our way"

They cite the athleticism of Blacks in a negative manner, and they refer to our European brothers as "soft".. They miss their hard-nosed White American players and their fundamentals..

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    If we're being honest here, most of the anti-today posters are bitter and angry that all this money is being poured into this primarily Black and International league, tbh..they were content watching a league where the players weren't getting paid astronomical figures and they could watch Black players commit "hard fouls" and hurt each other..

I cringe when I read or hear "fundamentals" in basketball terms.. That's just a synonym for "our way".. They used to do it " our way"

They cite the athleticism of Blacks in a negative manner, and they refer to our European brothers as "soft".. They miss their hard-nosed White American players and their fundamentals..
    Mozgov, Delladenova, Parsons, Leur, all white players, just got about 238 million combined.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    at these vanilla nostalgia takes. You might fool people who weren't there, but anyone who watched '90s ball remembers the big money handed out to stiffs like McIlvaine, Jon Koncak, and Bryant Reeves simply for being big and tall. You want to talk about skill? The league had to change the rulebook to encourage scoring, because every team was full of Tony Allens who thought they were Dr. J. Scoring in the 70s was enough to win, even despite the league banning zone defenses and shortening the three-point line in order to make the players look better than they really were on offense.

Yesterday's NBA
    This!

thank you
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

meh honestly some truth here

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mozgov, Delladenova, Parsons, Leur, all white players, just got about 238 million combined.
    Parsons is the only relevant White American that got paid.. That's irrelevant, anyways, as the league barely has any White Americans remaining, and less than 10 players are still relevant

The reality is that the money is going to keep coming, and it's Blacks and immigrants benefiting..probably hurts you to see that..

The hatred of minority prevalence and empowerment is part of the reason Trump has made it as far as he has, and that Brexit went through..you can feel it on SpursTalk..

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    The game today is about being able to hit the 3. That's fundamentals. Not athleticism.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

TBH your trolling game jumped the shark when you went into conspiracy mode and stated the league told the black players to go easy on Larry Bird during the 80's.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Parsons is the only relevant White American that got paid.. That's irrelevant, anyways, as the league barely has any White Americans remaining, and less than 10 players are still relevant

The reality is that the money is going to keep coming, and it's Blacks and immigrants benefiting..probably hurts you to see that..
    No it's not irrelevant. Whites are getting paid in a primarily black sport for not being . Wonder what that Larry Bird could have gotten

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No it's not irrelevant. Whites are getting paid in a primarily black sport for not being . Wonder what that Larry Bird could have gotten
    Hey according to this troll's logic "White American" and "White European" equals different race. They are not the same race.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TBH your trolling game jumped the shark when you went into conspiracy mode and stated the league told the black players to go easy on Larry Bird during the 80's.
    Sorry, but if you watch Larry Bird videos, it's hard to not believe that

He's so slow, can't jump, barely gets separation, weak handle, etc..it's evident that the players were instructed to go easy on him, which would benefit the league (and it did)

The Celtics were winning les with TWO White American stars as their lead players, which is just too ridiculous..the NBA was insulting our intelligence with that move..they were banking on people's brains being overwhelmed by their hearts..

If you believe those were legit, you might as well believe in the Illuminati or 9/11 conspiracies or Jesus Christ, etc..

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Hey according to this troll's logic "White American" and "White European" equals different race. They are not the same race.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

He's so slow, can't jump, barely gets separation, weak handle, etc..
    Sounds like Chandler Parsons. Must be why he's dominating today against inferior compe ion.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

He's so slow, can't jump, barely gets separation, weak handle, etc..it's evident that the players were instructed to go easy on him, which would benefit the league (and it did)
    Harlem

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wow. So did the league round up all the black players and threaten their livelihoods along with their families if they didn't go easy on Bird?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like Chandler Parsons. Must be why he's dominating today against inferior compe ion.
    Parsons is a slightly above average player in today's league, actually

The only reason his name is known is because he's a White American, tbh..the league has to fill it's quota, have to keep the 50-70 demographic interested in the game..

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Wow. So did the league round up all the black players and threaten their livelihoods along with their families if they didn't got easy on Bird?
    Or perhaps it could've been a payment, you dumb ?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Wow. So did the league round up all the black players and threaten their livelihoods along with their families if they didn't go easy on Bird?
    He must think they must have been instructed to go easy on Dirk too

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He must think they must have been instructed to go easy on Dirk too
    Dirk is a very impressive player to watch, if you look back at his prime..much better footwork than Bird, more mobile, probably a better shooter, and his legit 7-foot frame made it impossible to guard him..

The fact that the NBA actually put Larry Bird on all-defense teams is such an insult to fans of that era..could have never gotten away with that in the social media era..

Europeans really added a nice touch to the NBA game..you hear 90s players rave about Drazen Petrovic, the mid-2000s to present are full of players like him, tbh..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyways, the NBA is more popular than ever, tbh..they just had their highest ratings in 20 years, despite being in an era where nobody watches TV anymore, streaming options, YouTube, etc..

Good time to be an NBA fan, as long as you don't have any racism or Xenophobia in you..

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Anyways, the NBA is more popular than ever, tbh..they just had their highest ratings in 20 years, despite being in an era where nobody watches TV anymore, streaming options, YouTube, etc..

Good time to be an NBA fan, as long as you don't have any racism in you..
    Because it's racist to say 14.9 ppg on 42% shooting is not worth 120 million

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Djohn seems like a good man, but it's a little odd that he hates a nice guy like Harden, yet is a big fan of a pedophile (Hakeem), tbh..

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    yeah and today's nba

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Harlem all over the place now. Seems like his asshole was broken when team ball was beaten by ISOball, a 90's style.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harlem is spot on.

What's worse, is people who don't realize that it's about fit, context and nuance and instead spew antiquated nonsense: (insert decent player) is making (insert significant amount of money) and only averaged (insert pedestrian per game averages).

I don't know why it's so difficult for people to understand that it's all based on revenue generated; 50% of which the players are en led to and at least 90% of which teams must spend.

Thread Information