Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not offering that much money to a guy who sat out a whole season and alienated himself from the organization. I would do my due diligence and want to see him play the next season to see how he does and see just how healthy he is. My guess is Kawhi and his camp feel slighted because of that.
    They can't offer the supermax next season though??

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't K building a house in SA for his mother? That would have been a little of "bringing LA to SA", rather than K moving to LA.

At what point did his playing plans change?
    When he realized that she was a dude

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we are being completely honest he might make it up in LA. It's likely he gets a signature shoe there, his jersey already sells pretty well despite his personality. I also think the lowball shoe offer he got from Jordan has something to do with him wanting out.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we are being completely honest he might make it up in LA. It's likely he gets a signature shoe there, his jersey already sells pretty well despite his personality. I also think the lowball shoe offer he got from Jordan has something to do with him wanting out.
    Agree. He felt dissed that hes not recognized as a great player in the game. Instead of letting his play fo the talking he chose to blame someone. Much like lebum crying and joining heat. Hes soft, needs more help, and has slow metabolism

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If PATFO used this or are currently using their “diagnosis” as their calling card for not offering Max that’s wrong.,

But what is it or what was the injury? Spurs could’ve been wrong...But Kawhi using his weaker/less serious diagnosis to miss 73 games is wrong too.

That’s probably the Spurs stance. Two wrongs dont make a right....

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If i only had a brain..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’ve got skills^^^

Too bad you can’t apply them to the real world..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uncle Dennis right now:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leave $39 million on the table to go to a state with massive state income and property taxes where you can no longer deduct the state and local taxes on your federal tax return????

Is no one telling him this math?? The dude might very well go bankrupt unless he gets huuuge endorsements but he ain’t Kobe or Jordan or LeBron.
    That is some part of this. Uncle Dennis believes he is in that category with Mike, Lebron, and Kobe and maybe even surpassed those guys.

What you’re dealing with is a guy that’s failed at some businesses and is using Kawhi as his gravy train. He is in over his head and is extremely arrogant.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he has til October to sign Supermax. Probably why spurs are not jumping the gun

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is not a matter of money. He just wants out at ANY cost

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Kawhi walks because PATFO doesn't offer the supermax then that'll be a major up by the front office. Assuming he's 100% healthy of course.
    220M for ANY PLAYER is risky. I’m not saying he’s not worth it and if he wants to bolt then I can’t blame him (even if he ends up losing more money in the long run). Spurs will never just throw around that much money without seriously thinking about it. Only time and Kawhis health will tell if it’s a “major up”. If the next five years wil be like 16-17 kawhi then maybe it is... but NOBODY Knows that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no way, 219m = supermax 40 mill per y, shoe offer 5 m per y....... great job uncle dennis

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ed-sources-say

Kawhi Leonard's talks with Jordan Brand about new shoe deal have stalled, sources say

SAN ANTONIO -- San Antonio Spurs star forward Kawhi Leonard will likely be pondering a supermax contract extension over the summer, but off the court, talks between he and Jordan Brand on a new shoe deal have stalled, multiple sources with knowledge of the situation told ESPN.
    Jordan Brand, which is a division of Nike, and Leonard's representatives came "very close" to completion on a new four-year extension worth more than $20 million. But discussions broke down abruptly because representatives for Leonard didn't feel that the new deal reflected the forward's accomplishments and standing within the league, sources said.
    Leonard has finished second and third in voting for the NBA's Most Valuable Player award over the last two seasons, but he's played in just a handful of games this season because of injury.
    A two-time Defensive Player of the Year, two-time All-NBA first team selection and Finals MVP, Leonard earns less than $500,000 per year in his current endorsement contract with Jordan Brand, which is worth significantly less than the deal currently on the table from the shoe company.

It's unclear whether Leonard intends to leave Jordan Brand when his contract expires on Oct. 1, but a source close to the situation said the shoe company owns the right to match any competing offers. Once the brand's exclusive negotiating window closes in July, Leonard and his representatives can start fielding potential new offers from other companies. Pitches are typically held in late August and early September, as players historically look to resolve shoe deals before the start of training camp in late September. Jordan Brand would have 10 business days to match any competing offer sheet signed by the forward.

There are no current talks between Jordan Brand and Leonard's representatives, sources said.
    No current Jordan Brand athlete in the NBA receives more than $10 million per season in their shoe endorsement deal. The Nike Inc. subsidiary often pays less on shoe deals than its compe ors, with players excited to partner with the legacy brand. Russell Westbrook's recently signed 10-year extension with Jordan Brand through the 2025-26 season will be the most lucrative total endorsement deal for a Jordan athlete to date, according to ESPN's research.
    Jordan's current extension offer does not include a Leonard signature shoe, which would escalate the value of the deal dramatically. Signature deals typically include a 5 percent royalty on all logo footwear and apparel sold, allowing for a handful of the game's biggest stars to earn well north of eight figures annually from brands.
    In addition to the namesake sneaker line, the brand will also then commit additional marketing dollars for campaigns and activations promoting the player. In Leonard's case, he has been used sparingly in Jordan's global marketing efforts, appearing more recently in a fall campaign for the brand's "Be Like Mike" capsule collection with Gatorade.
    Nike has launched signature shoes for more than 21 NBA stars in its history, while Jordan Brand has been far more selective. Only Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul, Dwyane Wade and Westbrook have received a Jordan signature shoe to date.

Cleveland's LeBron James plays under the most lucrative shoe contract of any current athlete, earning more than $20 million per year from Nike on his "lifetime" endorsement deal.
    Golden State Warriors forward Kevin Durant receives in the neighborhood of more than $20 million annually from Nike as well, through a combination of the annual base salary of his shoe deal, sales royalties, and several incentive bonuses. Stephen Curry's Under Armour deal (more than $17 million annually), and James Harden's contract with Adidas (more than $15 million) make up the next tier of earners.
    By comparison, Blake Griffin earns a similar annual figure from Jordan Brand to what Leonard was offered, while signature athletes such as Kyrie Irving, Paul George and Damian Lillardeach earn more.
    The quiet and reserved Leonard has played in only nine games for the Spurs this season as he recovers from right quadriceps tendinopathy.
    The forward recently returned to San Antonio to resume workouts at the team's training facility, after consulting with doctors in New York for three weeks.
    Leonard's timetable for return remains uncertain, as it's based on his comfort level with managing the injury.
    "He's doing what he's supposed to do. He's working hard at it," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said last week. "He wants to be back. When and if he feels like he's ready to go, he'll be there."
    Leonard is eligible for a five year, $219 million supermax extension this summer. Leonard signed a maximum five-year contract worth $90 million in July of 2015 to remain with the Spurs, and there's still one more season left on his deal after the current campaign with a player option for 2019-20 worth $21.3 million.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's be real. Dude ain't going to go bankrupt anytime soon. People dont understand that maybe Kawhi's uncle is all about the money but Kawhi might be about something else. I think a large part is he is not talking and Spurs dont know how to handle that but to even suggest that for Kawhi it's always been about the money is a stretch and ultimately it will be his choice. I think the Spurs have it right. If he can't come to the table and talk with Pop one on one about the real issues at hand then there is a problem. Especially if his uncle and agent are pushing for a supermax and no trade clause.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They can. He has to requalify for it though. I believe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no way, 219m = supermax 40 mill per y, shoe offer 5 m per y....... great job uncle dennis

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ed-sources-say

Kawhi Leonard's talks with Jordan Brand about new shoe deal have stalled, sources say

SAN ANTONIO -- San Antonio Spurs star forward Kawhi Leonard will likely be pondering a supermax contract extension over the summer, but off the court, talks between he and Jordan Brand on a new shoe deal have stalled, multiple sources with knowledge of the situation told ESPN.
    Jordan Brand, which is a division of Nike, and Leonard's representatives came "very close" to completion on a new four-year extension worth more than $20 million. But discussions broke down abruptly because representatives for Leonard didn't feel that the new deal reflected the forward's accomplishments and standing within the league, sources said.
    Leonard has finished second and third in voting for the NBA's Most Valuable Player award over the last two seasons, but he's played in just a handful of games this season because of injury.
    A two-time Defensive Player of the Year, two-time All-NBA first team selection and Finals MVP, Leonard earns less than $500,000 per year in his current endorsement contract with Jordan Brand, which is worth significantly less than the deal currently on the table from the shoe company.

It's unclear whether Leonard intends to leave Jordan Brand when his contract expires on Oct. 1, but a source close to the situation said the shoe company owns the right to match any competing offers. Once the brand's exclusive negotiating window closes in July, Leonard and his representatives can start fielding potential new offers from other companies. Pitches are typically held in late August and early September, as players historically look to resolve shoe deals before the start of training camp in late September. Jordan Brand would have 10 business days to match any competing offer sheet signed by the forward.

There are no current talks between Jordan Brand and Leonard's representatives, sources said.
    No current Jordan Brand athlete in the NBA receives more than $10 million per season in their shoe endorsement deal. The Nike Inc. subsidiary often pays less on shoe deals than its compe ors, with players excited to partner with the legacy brand. Russell Westbrook's recently signed 10-year extension with Jordan Brand through the 2025-26 season will be the most lucrative total endorsement deal for a Jordan athlete to date, according to ESPN's research.
    Jordan's current extension offer does not include a Leonard signature shoe, which would escalate the value of the deal dramatically. Signature deals typically include a 5 percent royalty on all logo footwear and apparel sold, allowing for a handful of the game's biggest stars to earn well north of eight figures annually from brands.
    In addition to the namesake sneaker line, the brand will also then commit additional marketing dollars for campaigns and activations promoting the player. In Leonard's case, he has been used sparingly in Jordan's global marketing efforts, appearing more recently in a fall campaign for the brand's "Be Like Mike" capsule collection with Gatorade.
    Nike has launched signature shoes for more than 21 NBA stars in its history, while Jordan Brand has been far more selective. Only Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul, Dwyane Wade and Westbrook have received a Jordan signature shoe to date.

Cleveland's LeBron James plays under the most lucrative shoe contract of any current athlete, earning more than $20 million per year from Nike on his "lifetime" endorsement deal.
    Golden State Warriors forward Kevin Durant receives in the neighborhood of more than $20 million annually from Nike as well, through a combination of the annual base salary of his shoe deal, sales royalties, and several incentive bonuses. Stephen Curry's Under Armour deal (more than $17 million annually), and James Harden's contract with Adidas (more than $15 million) make up the next tier of earners.
    By comparison, Blake Griffin earns a similar annual figure from Jordan Brand to what Leonard was offered, while signature athletes such as Kyrie Irving, Paul George and Damian Lillardeach earn more.
    The quiet and reserved Leonard has played in only nine games for the Spurs this season as he recovers from right quadriceps tendinopathy.
    The forward recently returned to San Antonio to resume workouts at the team's training facility, after consulting with doctors in New York for three weeks.
    Leonard's timetable for return remains uncertain, as it's based on his comfort level with managing the injury.
    "He's doing what he's supposed to do. He's working hard at it," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said last week. "He wants to be back. When and if he feels like he's ready to go, he'll be there."
    Leonard is eligible for a five year, $219 million supermax extension this summer. Leonard signed a maximum five-year contract worth $90 million in July of 2015 to remain with the Spurs, and there's still one more season left on his deal after the current campaign with a player option for 2019-20 worth $21.3 million.
    That's the lowball after he got which he refused. That wouldve just been for him being a Jordan athlete too like LMA, no signature shoe or anything.

Harden got like a 10 yr $200 million deal with Adidas. If he's in LA Kawhitter might get closer to that than to $20 mill. I don't like it but just being realistic, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Naive people thinking everything has to do with muh tax rates. Some people just like living in Los Angeles

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you have tens of millions of dollars, it’s a no brained to live in a NYC type city, even with state and city tax.

Lol bankrupt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the lowball after he got which he refused. That wouldve just been for him being a Jordan athlete too like LMA, no signature shoe or anything.

Harden got like a 10 yr $200 million deal with Adidas. If he's in LA Kawhitter might get closer to that than to $20 mill. I don't like it but just being realistic, tbh.
    I don't think so, he comes from a season without playing, he doesn't have charisma like lebron or curry and he has a chronic injury, adidas knows what a disastrous contract means with derrick rose

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Naive people thinking everything has to do with muh tax rates. Some people just like living in Los Angeles
    It’s pretty great tbqh imho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ostensibly because he'll get huge marketing contracts. Some suggestion here shoe companies are pushing this.
    He never talks so he won't be getting any huge marketing deals. If Lebron goes to LA with him, he will suck up all the deals to be had..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They can. He has to requalify for it though. I believe.
    He has to requalify by earning, MVP DPOY, or being selected all NBA this coming season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And thats 100 percent okay, if you had the balls to say it in november.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has some pretty stupid peiple around him right now.
    Would not be surprised if one day we are reading about how his family spent all of his money, and he ends up living under a bridge or homeless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Flip Naive with Rich, and Some with poor.

Thread Information