Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still don't think he can improve at this point in his career, but prove me wrong Spurs shooting coach.

• DeMar DeRozan SF, San Antonio Spurs

DeMar DeRozan only attempted 45 3-pointers in his first season with the Spurs, but the plan is for him to shoot more in his second season.

According to The Athletic's Jabari Young, coach Gregg Popovich wanted DeRozan to take up more of a facilitating role this season, mainly due to the loss of Dejounte Murray and the inconsistent play of Derrick White. Neither Murray nor White are good shooters, which means spacing will be non-existent if DeRozan continues to pass up attempts from deep. Popovich hates that the league has become so centered on 3-point shooting, but he knows that his team must adapt to avoid being left behind. DeRozan, like LaMarcus Aldridge, will work on his shooting this summer and could see his fantasy value on the way up if the triples come back.

Related:

Source: The Athletic
      May 5, 2019, 9:57 AM ET

I’d rather him put on weight and work on posting up. I think he has great potential converting from SG to SF in today’s game. He is listed at 6’7. Not sure if he would be willing to accept this change.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curious to hear what all the supporters of mental health care have done to support awareness outside of posting on a sports message board?
    I always tell everyone i know that brushing is not enough and you have to floss as well.Does it count?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His post game is good enough. Improving it more won't help much especially since we have multiple post players on the team. It's better to unlock the 3 for him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude is only 30 maybe he can hit more consistantly from deep

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the people on this website ing disgust me, I try to go on this to try and read and catch up on spurs news and opinions and its all negativity. I'm embarrassed to be a fan of this team with these kind of people supporting it. but of En led, spoiled internet pussies.
    There are a lot of Lakertrash masquerading as Spurs fans. The ignore function is your friend.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d rather him put on weight and work on posting up. I think he has great potential converting from SG to SF in today’s game. He is listed at 6’7. Not sure if he would be willing to accept this change.
    Have you watched any games last season? All he does is post up, pump fake 3 times, then take a contested jump shot. DeRozan needs to understand how to be effective off the ball, especially from 3. That would make him a great player

Should RC trade DeMar and fillers for LeBron?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derozan is 30, he would've improved his 3pt shot by now or should i say his willingness to shoot 3pts. Safe to say this will never happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derozan is 30, he would've improved his 3pt shot by now or should i say his willingness to shoot 3pts. Safe to say this will never happen.
    Same with LMA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed but Derozan shooting them is even more important since he's basically a perimeter player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What would the big 3 say? Probably, “it’s a business, you just continue to play hard with your new team and hopefully a chance to do something special.” Dude move on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still needs outside shooting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    depression has no incentive to change any part of his game since PATFO is extending him anyway. get used to seeing kawhi in the finals while depression loses in the first round every year. The San Antonio Jazz

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR has plenty of incentive to get better. He’s watching his former team in the Finals and they are crediting his trade as the reason for being there. To make it to the NBA, you have to have a chip. Guys don’t coast into the NBA. It takes work.

Plenty of players have extended ended their careers by becoming good three point shooters when they are plus 30. He wants two more big money contracts? He needs to add three point shooting to his game. If Bruce Bowen could do it, so can DDR.

Take off the pessimist glasses. He’s improved every year in the league. Last year he showed playmaking, which was a new skill. He’s not Leonard and won’t be, but he doesn’t have to be if he can add to his game. Spurs can be a great team with him on it. He can improve his three point shooting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was willing to shoot more. During his last season with the Raptors Coach Casey wanted him to shoot more 3s. He listened to Casey. During his first season with the Spurs Pop didn't want him to shoot that many 3s. He listened to Pop. Pop wants him to shoot it more next season. I bet he will listen to Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LA was a good 3s shooter already in POR, he was shooting a lot of corner 3s (a lot at that time), he doesn't need to improve. He will shoot if the offense puts him position.

DDR instead is hopeless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    depression has no incentive to change any part of his game since PATFO is extending him anyway. get used to seeing kawhi in the finals while depression loses in the first round every year. The San Antonio Jazz
    says the guy who likes in ass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    says the guy who likes in ass
    you’re confusing me for someone else or making the same joke about the drake pic the other makes. epic!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn’t Dwane Casey a sacrificial lamb for the Raptors choking in the playoffs? I do not like how it’s all about him, not the team’s shortcomings that brought the trade. I know Pop likes wine, but dude needs to give up and quit talking about the trade.
    Last edited by Dverde; 06-07-2019 at 11:57 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was willing to shoot more. During his last season with the Raptors Coach Casey wanted him to shoot more 3s. He listened to Casey. During his first season with the Spurs Pop didn't want him to shoot that many 3s. He listened to Pop. Pop wants him to shoot it more next season. I bet he will listen to Pop.
    Yes but he's not even an average 3pt shooter and at his age i don't see how that's fixable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've never hated a player so much before they even got to the team. This guy is such a mental midget who's toxicity isn't needed with guys like White, Walker, & Murray. Please GTFO one way or another.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes but he's not even an average 3pt shooter and at his age i don't see how that's fixable.
    In his last in Toronto he doubled the amount of 3s he shot to 3.6 attempts per game, and shot 31%. If he can find a way to shoot that many 3s in San Antonio and to shoot it around 35-38% he will be just fine.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I've never hated a player so much before they even got to the team. This guy is such a mental midget who's toxicity isn't needed with guys like White, Walker, & Murray. Please GTFO one way or another.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the 3 for both DDR and LMA would open up a lot of options for this team. Opening up the lane on offense would be great for a speedster like Murray and would allow the 3 of them to co-exist on the first unit, perhaps with White and Gay as the other two starters. A better shooting DDR combined with those other four would be a pretty darn good starting 5.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This thread is painful to read tbh...some spurfans are outwardly trying to defend DeRozan/the trade, but you can tell deep down their heart's just not in it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread is painful to read tbh...some spurfans are outwardly trying to defend DeRozan/the trade, but you can tell deep down their heart's just not in it
    No one in their right mind would have made DD/KL trade, but given the cir stances A TRADE had to be made...the Spurs want to stay compe ive and this is the best they could do. Blame DD for all his shortcomings if you want but you can't blame the FO for trying to salvage something in a trade that would be lopsided no matter who you traded for.

Thread Information