Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    what books/study material did you use? how long did you study for? how many attempts?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    You in IT bro? What do you do?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    You in IT bro? What do you do?
    Not yet. This is my senior year fam. You?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    Bypass this cert and go for the CISSP instead. You will thank me later.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    Bypass this cert and go for the CISSP instead. You will thank me later.
    Don't you need the security + first? Or is that just the route that most take? But yea. If you have some years of experience and a CISSP you should expect to make around 6 figures in San Antonio. Probably at least 120k plus in DC area. Of course you need a clear background to get on base if you really want to utilize that .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    Don't you need the security + first? Or is that just the route that most take? But yea. If you have some years of experience and a CISSP you should expect to make around 6 figures in San Antonio. Probably at least 120k plus in DC area. Of course you need a clear background to get on base if you really want to utilize that .
    No, don't need that ty A+ cert to go for the CISSP just experience in the field. You do need the CISSP to be considered for CISM though but it's a much more rare cert.

The A+ is being saturated by brain dumpers and for profit schools so it's basically not even worth listing on a resume unless you back it up with the experience.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    No, don't need that ty A+ cert to go for the CISSP just experience in the field. You do need the CISSP to be considered for CISM though but it's a much more rare cert.

The A+ is being saturated by brain dumpers and for profit schools so it's basically not even worth listing on a resume unless you back it up with the experience.
    Assuming you mean the Security +. And that isn't completely true. You need the security plus to touch any of the governments systems or servers. To work on a government contract on base you are required to have a security + or better. Since the CISSP is more expensive it makes sense that people would go for the security + first.

A+ is a cert though, although certain companies do require it for some reason.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I have
    Passed
    It to

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Whats the quickest route into IT? Ive already military experience, but want to make a career change. Will i be hired with JUST a security +? Or should i get a masters in computer science as well?

And whats entry level for IT?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Whats the quickest route into IT? Ive already military experience, but want to make a career change. Will i be hired with JUST a security +? Or should i get a masters in computer science as well?

entry level is typically help desk. the degree will help for sure but you must have the experience in the field to get the jobs you want.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals

Like Trill said entry level is help desk and it doesn't really pay . If you are looking to go into IT the best route to go is be a developer. You will need a bachelors in computer science most likely to get into development. If you are an American citizen and a good developer you will have no problem finding a job. There is just not enough Good American developers at this time.

Security is a good area as well. It's a by tougher to break into though. Once ur in though the pay is good.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    CISSP, CRISC, CISM, tbh..

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    what books/study material did you use? how long did you study for? how many attempts?
    My dh is using this as a federal contractor:

https://www.amazon.com/CompTIA-Secur...s=security+%2B

I don't see him studying, but he's got decades of experience. It's just a formality for him to have the certification for his job.

Thread Information