Page 675 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 1755756256656716726736746756766776786796857257751175 ... LastLast
Results 16,851 to 16,875 of 40770
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't this the plot for footloose?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brazil’s coronavirus outbreak worsened on Wednesday and the South American nation could soon have the second-highest number of cases in the world as the Health Ministry reported 888 new deaths and nearly 20,000 new infections in a single day.

Bolsohitler

about to surpass exploding ventilator vodka addicts in deaths

only 2nd to a country led by an Orangegutan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Nine more COVID-19 cases among UT spring break trip students, 62 total"

https://www.kxan.com/news/coronaviru...ents-62-total/

They're young they'll probably be ok. It's when they visit Gramma
    Why would anyone visit a person of high risk during this time?
    (referring to "gramma")

How old do you think college parents are?
    (goalpost move to parents)

You said gramma. Unless someone's mother is also their gramma (Arkansas maybe) you're moving the goalposts.
    He moved the goal posts first, genius. I went ahead and kicked through them any way.
    No you moved it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brazil’s coronavirus outbreak worsened on Wednesday and the South American nation could soon have the second-highest number of cases in the world as the Health Ministry reported 888 new deaths and nearly 20,000 new infections in a single day.

Bolsohitler

about to surpass exploding ventilator vodka addicts in deaths

only 2nd to a country led by an Orangegutan
    106,000 cases last 24 hrs

top four countries

USA, RUSSSIA, BRAZIL, INDIA

all led by dictators you support and promote

great leaders huh?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How Many Healthcare Workers Have Gotten Coronavirus?

On average, 10.9% of all cases of coronavirus are among healthcare workers,

with some states like New Hampshire and Maine being over 20%.

And just how many healthcare workers have coronavirus?

According to this analysis, an estimate of around 168K, a figure that is more than 18 times higher than the CDC's last figure.

https://priceonomics.com/how-many-healthcare-workers-have-gotten/

Some nurses had little ceremoney to honor, remember the 100+ nurses dead from C19

Last edited by boutons_deux; 05-21-2020 at 06:07 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Translation: “oh look China!”

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White House finally responds to questions about fewer deaths if Trump had acted sooner — they blamed China

the White House eventually responded to the alleged “fake news,” though they still dodged their role in the slow response to the pandemic.

“What would have saved life is if China had been transparent and the World Health Organization had fulfilled its mission.

What did save American lives is
    the bold leadership of President Trump,

including the early travel restrictions 10Ks of Chinese flew directly to USA

when we had no idea the true level of asymptotic spread didn't read about China? Italy?

and the greatest mobilization of the private sector since World War II to deliver critical supplies Trash sold PPE overseas!

to states in need they STILL need, 200 health care workers dead, nearly 200K infected for lack of PPE

and ramp up testing across the country that has placed us on a responsible path to reopen our country.”

USA has done almost no testing, and the test are often pure , like test in the WH, false negative, false positives

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/05/white-house-finally-responds-to-questions-about-fewer-deaths-if-trump-had-acted-sooner-they-blamed-china/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

Last edited by boutons_deux; 05-21-2020 at 06:24 AM.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Translation: “oh look China!”
    He didn't write that one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (referring to "gramma")
    That's your own assumption. The sentence is open for people other than just gramma

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sweden

first herd immunity study just released yesterday. they claimed that would reach herd immunity by now at 60% infection rate.

the actual results are 7% infection thus far. Zero herd immunity

ing morons

one of the mathematical experts who claimed herd immunity’s reaction:

“well, I guess I was way off “

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sweden and its stupid scientists

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He didn't write that one.
    it's always obvious when Trash's tweets are ghost written

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Polio-era epidemiologist warns Trump’s ‘Operation Warp Speed’

could backfire horrifically

a veteran epidemiologist who helped deal with the polio outbreak in the 1950s warns that

rushing a vaccine for political purposes could backfire horrifically.

“Research showed that each lot of [polio] vaccine required sophisticated testing to ensure that no live virus remained,” he writes.

“This caveat was not adequately conveyed to the several pharmaceutical companies rushing to produce the vaccine…

Cutter Laboratories, inexperienced in viral research, failed to detect live virus in multiple lots.

The resulting thousands of infections and

several deaths is called the Cutter Incident.”

Thrupp concludes by saying that the Trump administration risks making a deadly error

if it pushes out a flawed vaccine that ends up actually giving people COVID-19.

the Trump administration’s

anti-science policies and

budget cuts to key agencies,

its silencing of scientists like Dr. Rick Bright, and

its initial suppression of the CDC’s safe opening guidelines

are dangerous to the public’s health not only in America, but worldwide,”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/05/pol..._campaign=4588

Trash OK'd 100 companies' C19 tests, and nearly all were total bull .

I expect Pootin Mitch to propose immunizing vaccine mfrs if their vaccines give people C19

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's your own assumption. The sentence is open for people other than just gramma
    Only if you think "gramma" doesn't fit the bill for person at high risk, but somehow parents do.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yet again, another poll, same result

Most Americans don’t want coronavirus lockdowns to end

researchers found that a large portion of the country — 83% —

is concerned to some degree that lifting restrictions will lead to more coronavirus infections.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/05/most-americans-dont-want-coronavirus-lockdowns-to-end-poll/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=4588

And without treatments, more infections means more deaths (than keeping locked down)

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For science nerds:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...mutations.html

Pretty cool stuff.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New model predicts the spread of COVID-19—

and
    how to manage financial and economic risks

"Above these maintenance levels,

there almost certainly will be additional waves of outbreak of the disease

if we leave the current strict social distancing environment,"
    RED STATES gonna get it!

the upside is that judicious choices of social distancing policies

and restrictions on certain forms of travel

enable maximum economic activity with manageable rates of new infections,

coupled with the ability to rapidly and strictly isolate 'flare ups' of infections,"

In practice, this means ongoing vigilance and surveillance of the population to rapidly identify growth areas of infections, and

to vigorously act to isolate those sources of infections.

this strongly justifies the social distancing rules in place, which dramatically reduce contact intensity,"

"An epidemic can be brought under control by making the growth rate negative through social distancing.

There are serious risks in lifting control measures,

issues raised by this research, such as...

• Do we actually want to eradicate the disease before a vaccine is available?
    • How will we manage and maintain a status of 'eradicated'?
    • Do we simply manage it and the healthcare system while enabling optimum economic activity?
    • A total eradication policy will be immediately undermined if / when international borders open and external carriers once again enter the local population.

just one new externally-infected case in three days reduces dramatically the chances of achieving key goals in managing the
    epidemic. Just a few more days of strict social distancing is needed."

https://phys.org/news/2020-05-covid-...-economic.html

His method may be groundbreaking, but in practice, we already knew what has successfully worked elsewhere

Ongoing social distancing

Massive testing to identify victims

Isolating the victims ("social distance" them from infecting others)

Tracing the contacts of the victims

... and which Trash and Repugs are NOT DOING, in fact, doing the opposite, ensuring USA will continue failing

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wuhan has banned eating wild animals and nearby provinces are offering farmers cash to stop breeding exotic livestock

wet market in Nanning, China, shows a pair of rabbits to buyers on January 28, 2004. Robert Ng/South China Morning Post/Getty

• Wuhan has banned the eating of wild animals, with officials declaring the city a "wildlife sanctuary."
    • Neighboring Hunan and Jiangxi have announced plans to stop farmers from breeding exotic animals, with cash offered for current stock.
    • China's fur trade will continue, though, and wild animals can still be reared for medicine, entertainment, and scientific research, according to Reuters.
    • The new measures are part of China's efforts to stem the transmission of zoonotic diseases from animals to humans.

https://www.businessinsider.com/wuhan-china-bans-eating-wild-animals-2020-5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^So not much will change in the end if everyone is still buying this for medicinal purposes. That's what many if not most in China buy these animals for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A total eradication policy will be immediately undermined if / when international borders open and external carriers once again enter the local population

This part is true and worrisome. The European travel ban led to a massive influx of travelers that week, crowded airports and a e in cases around the US in the following 2 weeks. It may happen again once travel bans are lifted, since other countries may not have it controlled

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This part is true and worrisome. The European travel ban led to a massive influx of travelers that week, crowded airports and a e in cases around the US in the following 2 weeks. It may happen again once travel bans are lifted, since other countries may not have it controlled
    The gameplan for dealing with a new pandemic from China or anywhere else is going to change. It will basically mean complete travel ban to/from all countries almost immediately. US stopped travel to/from China but Europe did not, and Europe then brought it to the US in big numbers. That's according to what I have read.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 2nd wave is gonna hit southern hemisphere countries like a freight train

India for example will be ed and there are thousands of ppl coming in from india daily.

This is a world issue and thinking you can only solve it in your country is a ing re ed idea.

USA leaving the WHO was a big mistake and thousands of americans will pay for it

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^So not much will change in the end if everyone is still buying this for medicinal purposes. That's what many if not most in China buy these animals for.
    Oh.

You mean like vodoo medicine.
    Something like Disinfectants and such in the body.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    US stopped travel to/from China
    After Trash's so-called ban on travel from China, 10Ks of Chinese, some from Wuhan, still flew directly to USA

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ask the gov in ny. Wet markets going strong.

Thread Information