Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    QB max johnson from LSU (threw the game winning TD against the ags this season) will be joining his brother Jake at A&M as a transfer.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    kiyaunta goodwin to kentucky. i thought he was going to pick the spartans, tbh.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    enai white to a&m.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    that should do it for the day but still some big names left unsigned or uncommitted, particularly harris and stewart.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    enai white to a&m.
    Specializing in edge guys and D line... Texas ATM.
    So athletic at these spots.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Specializing in edge guys and D line... Texas ATM.
    So athletic at these spots.
    fisher is building the quintessential SEC defensive line and now just needs more depth at the LBs and secondary to make this a complete defense. this is why the recruiting class that sark put together this year is such a smart one. he is building an SEC o-line now. he know what it takes to win in that conference.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...am-sources-say

sucks for a lot of parties involved, especially the people who will miss out on the lost revenue.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Picked up a be local 4-star, class of '23 commit yesterday.

https://www.goodbullhunting.com/2021...g-jimbo-fisher

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    ESPN #5 ranked player and LB/RB Harold Perkins commits to A&M

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    cheat of a class........if u think a&m legitimately hauled the best class in the modern recruiting era something juggernaut alabama has not been able to do a class even better that 2002 texas u r smoking crack..........
    Last edited by playblair; 01-02-2022 at 06:21 PM.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    boosters were probably opening up bottles of beringer when the supreme court ruling on NIL came down. the good ol' boy network had pleny of practice in the jackie sherril days so they already knew how to set up payments:

https://brobible.com/sports/article/...ass-nil-money/

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    That player dying from heat stroke didn't affect his career much did it

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    That player dying from heat stroke didn't affect his career much did it
    no it did not. as far as being an assistant goes. not sure if he'll be a head coach candidate for a while.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    https://www.goodbullhunting.com/2022...llege-football

smart decision, really. and works out well for A&M.

Blake, anyone,
    Why is A&M such a massive dog vs LSU today?

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Blake, anyone,
    Why is A&M such a massive dog vs LSU today?
    i don't know why that was the case. in the end, LSU eked out the win (ags choked, really). i think that a&m is hard to figure out. they play hard and swarm teams on defense but they are lacking playmakers. this probably makes it harder for vegas to figure them out as well.

i don't know why that was the case. in the end, LSU eked out the win (ags choked, really). i think that a&m is hard to figure out. they play hard and swarm teams on defense but they are lacking playmakers. this probably makes it harder for vegas to figure them out as well.
    Ya seemed like an easy cover at +10 or whatever it was.

Another money in the bank game was Providence at +12 vs Xavier. Have no idea why Vegas did that. Easy cover. FFS Providence actually won.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    I think we just went over the luxury tax with this one:

https://247sports.com/college/texas-...er--173563827/

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    as expected, perkins committed to LSU. not gonna lie, it would have been nice to have a LB.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...cruiting-trail

Jimb...shut up got. Everyone knows the class was bought. You didn't magically get the best class in the nation over proven commodities like Bama and Georgia. Just take your new found fortune and run with it.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...cruiting-trail

Jimb...shut up got. Everyone knows the class was bought. You didn't magically get the best class in the nation over proven commodities like Bama and Georgia. Just take your new found fortune and run with it.
    i'm sure that what some of what was said about how much $$ A&M spent was not off but i'm also sure that some of it was exaggerated. where jimbo was right was in calling out the hypocrisy. lane is just in because he knows his alum base can't outspend schools like a&m and texas, and saben knows this also. but what school out there isn't going to take this as far as they can under the current system? NCAA football (and basketball) is the land of hypocrisy, jimbo included.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    i'm sure that what some of what was said about how much $$ A&M spent was not off but i'm also sure that some of it was exaggerated. where jimbo was right was in calling out the hypocrisy. lane is just in because he knows his alum base can't outspend schools like a&m and texas, and saben knows this also. but what school out there isn't going to take this as far as they can under the current system? NCAA football (and basketball) is the land of hypocrisy, jimbo included.
    It would have been a better look if Jimbo had actually said, "yes we will use the NIL just like other teams do" Texas, Ohio St, Alabama have all given a decent amount of info and some examples of how they are using it. ATM did not get out ahead of the game by admitting it?

And the Jimbo vehemence in sounding so outraged... when a person refers to a specific allegation such as "there is no 30 million dollar fund" made by some random nobody reads like, "Its actually 35 million and its not in a fund, its in a number of charitable set ups by boosters"

This all being said most people dont know what any of the rules really are except that coaches cant promise a certain amount and renege on the offer.
    It would be interesting to see what a contract looks like for lawyers and such. And also maybe this gets out in the open enough so kids can talk about what they are doing with the money if they want to.

Now Kiffin at Ole Miss... that is funny because he had to know he would have access to illegal booster money. But now its dwarfed by legal money by "bigger" schools. But he is certainly correct, the field is not level.

The sec on the whole gets into these accusations constantly. ATM was also referencing LSU as a big pay school when it was illegal (amongst my friends; they hate LSU). Honestly, part of the reason I think Jimbo is good for ATM and the sec is he can and knows the dirty game. Now it does not matter. He is in fine shape with the money ATM can give.

Do you think he is trying to not talk about the NIL because he thinks there will be locker room problems? I think thats a legit reason for staying away from the subject. Comparing "salaries" might be a really awful team builder.

Thread Information