Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I concede that I'm probably breaking the unofficial rules of SpursTalk.com by starting a new thread on something that has likely been addressed already in others, but I felt the need to call out this comment by RC to George Hill in the aftermath of last night's trade.

I keep coming back to how classy it was of RC, on behalf of Pop and the entire Spurs organization, to make it clear to GH that he will "always be a Spur." As fans we can always debate the trades themselves, the wisdom behind them, the talents of the players being shipped and received......but one thing that is beyond debate is the class and dignity with which this front office treats these moves, and more specifically, the players involved. This comment by RC, to George Hill, per RC's interview on the Spurs website last night, epitomizes that. The trade itself aside, I was never more proud of the Spurs organization than I was when I heard RC say that last night about the one key message that they attempted to deliver to GH. Whether that message went over well with GH is beside the point, it was all about the spirit, intent, and dignity behind it. I loved it, and I'm proud of RC, I'm proud of the organization, and I'm proud to be a Spurs fan.

The O-Matic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Classy post

Jason Kidd is a scrub Flight3107's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Spurs = Class

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dirk too! Terry

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it makes a nice story, but wtf does that mean you'll always be a Spur?

No he won't, he'll be a ing pacer because you traded his ass. Enough with the emo bull let's just get a decent big next to Timmy D and start playing defense again. go spurs go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jog your memories. Remember what happened 18 years ago.

They traded Sean Elliott to Detroit for Rodman. Guess where Sean ended up 12 months later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    George said "I'll always be a Spur" in his press remarks, also. Obviously, he isn't a Spur now but it's how he felt yesterday when he made the comments.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jog your memories. Remember what happened 18 years ago.

They traded Sean Elliott to Detroit for Rodman. Guess where Sean ended up 12 months later.
    Would be hilarious if Hill opted to resign with SA in two years.

NT? more like SO i said
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    a very classy signature after that post

-the Axe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You'll always be a Spur, until we trade your ass.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Considering how Pop felt about Hill, I wonder if trading him to his home team was what they felt was the "least they could do" for him, or coincedence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The FO obviously decided a move needed to be made. George was the pick. I hate it, but hopefully it will work out for George.
    Hopefully, the prodical son will return someday.

They hate us - but they want to be us!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think this move will help George in the long run. He'll get more playing time and hopefully he'll keep working on and developing his game. Tony Parker isn't going to be the Spurs starting point guard forever (unless he emulates Jason Kidd), so maybe George can come back in a few years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I said in the Farewell Interview thread

I hope that one day, George will become another veteran who signs with the team later in his career, Spur-George v2.0, who in his time away from the team has found his full NBA game.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Considering how Pop felt about Hill, I wonder if trading him to his home team was what they felt was the "least they could do" for him, or coincedence.
    I'm going to go with coincidence since they were trying to get picks from Milwaukee and Utah earlier. Plus, what has Hill done to ever justify putting him above the franchise's needs? This team dumped Malik Rose to the worst trainwreck in the league despite the fact that he was a crucial part of defeating the Lakers in 99 and had the game of his life to drag the Spurs from an 0-1 hole vs Dallas in the 03 WCFs. Rose was a bigtime contributor to 2 les; no way they win in 03 without him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    George learned the hard way:

Any time Pop says you are his favorite player, the team will trade your ass at the end of the season.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That poor millionaire.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    George learned the hard way:

Any time Pop says you are his favorite player, the team will trade your ass at the end of the season.
    Except Pop said it two years ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hill was a role player
    always a spur is stupid
    if they did let david robinson walk you would say david will always be a spur

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going to go with coincidence since they were trying to get picks from Milwaukee and Utah earlier. Plus, what has Hill done to ever justify putting him above the franchise's needs? This team dumped Malik Rose to the worst trainwreck in the league despite the fact that he was a crucial part of defeating the Lakers in 99 and had the game of his life to drag the Spurs from an 0-1 hole vs Dallas in the 03 WCFs. Rose was a bigtime contributor to 2 les; no way they win in 03 without him.
    Don't remember Malik's impact in 2003. Will have to re-watch the DVD of all the game 6 4th quarters. Even more interesting is his trade got the Spurs back a pivotal big man for the 2005 run.

hill was a role player
    always a spur is stupid
    if they did let david robinson walk you would say david will always be a spur
    Didn't ten years ago DRob was about to be run out in favor of one Chris Webber. I always wondered if Webb chose the Spurs would David have ended up on another team.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop told Webber he'd let David walk to sign him. I think it must have been either over the phone or through an agent, as they never actually met and Webber wasn't seriously considering San Antonio. David was ready to sign with the Knicks if the Spurs didn't ink him ASAP once it came out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop told Webber he'd let David walk to sign him. I think it must have been either over the phone or through an agent, as they never actually met and Webber wasn't seriously considering San Antonio. David was ready to sign with the Knicks if the Spurs didn't ink him ASAP once it came out.
    I've never heard that. Would have been awesome to have DRob in NYC. I mean his legacy would have skyrocketed up there, even for two years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember that now. The offer must've come via Webber's agent, because I remember Webber stating that when the call came from Pop, he didn't bother to pick up the phone. At the time, Webber claimed that he didn't want to make himself available for a conversation with Pop because he knew Pop to be very persuasive.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From what I remember, the Mavs were a strong possibility for Dave as well.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, very classy.

Quite the opposite of how they treated Bruce Bowen.

Thread Information