Page 24 of 79 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They still have Irving and Durant....and a decent bench.

Without Harden, they are still probably the most talented team in the playoffs.

With Harden, it's almost unfair.
    The Bucks are much deeper with clear match-up advantages and have arguably the best player imo. With Harden the Nets can overcome it on sheer talent, but without him the Bucks are superior.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Bucks are much deeper with clear match-up advantages and have arguably the best player imo. With Harden the Nets can overcome it on sheer talent, but without him the Bucks are superior.
    I hope you are right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope you are right.
    Won't be if the corpse of Blake Griffin keeps playing Antetokounmpo even tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is embarrassing by Milwaukee

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    anyone who wants Coach Bud back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Milwaukee always folds in the playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    anyone who wants Coach Bud back
    Crazy how his teams always fall apart against any team with similar talent to his own.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rather see the nets advance because Milwaukee would fold against the clippers if they got to play them in the finals

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Crazy how his teams always fall apart against any team with similar talent to his own.
    Learned it from Pop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4-25 from 3 is a recipe for disaster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rather see the nets advance because Milwaukee would fold against the clippers if they got to play them in the finals
    Jazz will rape the Clippers if they win game 7 tomorrow tbh. Joe Ingles is still Playoff Pee's daddy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know how you can say Milwaukee has more talent with Harden out. Durant is better than Giannis alone, much less Irving. The Nets had ridiculous amounts of talent even before Harden. They have some of the best role players in the NBA, although Jeff Green is out right now. Milwaukee thrashed a bad Heat team and they will struggle to stop the Nets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know how you can say Milwaukee has more talent with Harden out. Durant is better than Giannis alone, much less Irving. The Nets had ridiculous amounts of talent even before Harden. They have some of the best role players in the NBA, although Jeff Green is out right now. Milwaukee thrashed a bad Heat team and they will struggle to stop the Nets.
    I get the Nets are your second favorite team, but this statement is ridiculous. Landry Shamet, Bruce Brown Jr, and Mike James are not elite roleplayers by any stretch of the imagination.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Milwaukee shot 20% from three and 50% from the charity stripe. If that continues they're getting swept.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get the Nets are your second favorite team, but this statement is ridiculous. Landry Shamet, Bruce Brown Jr, and Mike James are not elite roleplayers by any stretch of the imagination.
    Joe Harris is easily the best role-player in the league right now. They have Blake Griffin. Claxton is a great energy guy who is still a bit raw. Brown and Shamet are down the pecking order but pick up their duties very solidly. And whenever Jeff Green comes back, he's been exceptional.

I'm beginning to think you don't know what you're talking about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joe Harris is easily the best role-player in the league right now. They have Blake Griffin. Claxton is a great energy guy who is still a bit raw. Brown and Shamet are down the pecking order but pick up their duties very solidly. And whenever Jeff Green comes back, he's been exceptional.

I'm beginning to think you don't know what you're talking about.
    stop

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Milwaukee shot 20% from three and 50% from the charity stripe. If that continues they're getting swept.
    Bucks are mental midgets like the Derozan Raptors. They could still win this series and should with Harden being out but high chance they will still find a way to choke it away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bucks are mental midgets like the Derozan Raptors. They could still win this series and should with Harden being out but high chance they will still find a way to choke it away.
    It keeps coming back to Khris Middleton. If he can't be a consistent second option and hit his open threes they have no shot. Dude shot 6/23.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too many of the NBA stars left seem really unlikeable. To me, this is a problem for the league.

Random inebriated takes:

Kawhi: emotionless weasel
    PG: chump
    Harden: goofball, also sort of a chump
    Durant: emotional weasel
    Kyrie: flaky weirdo
    Blake: smug asshole
    CP3: spazz, seems likeable but really isn’t

The exceptions:

Luka: overweight, but cool, probably the future face of the league
    Joker: cool, but quiet, and not marketable
    Giannis: cool, maybe too nice, has plateaued
    Donovan Mitc : could be the next Wade with huge recognition, but would have to change teams, perhaps literally switch to Miami

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too many of the NBA stars left seem really unlikeable. To me, this is a problem for the league.

Random inebriated takes:

The exceptions:

Donovan Mitc : could be the next Wade with huge recognition, but would have to change teams, perhaps literally switch to Miami
    I agree with what you said but notice how 3 out of the 4 likable stars are all foreigners. I have said for a while that American Born players tend to be hateable and this is coming from someone who was born and raised in the US.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Random inebriated takes:

The exceptions:

Meh, every star player has a big ego. Was even like that back then. It's rare we see types like Duncan, Manu and even Dirk.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, every star player has a big ego. Was even like that back then. It's rare we see types like Duncan, Manu and even Dirk.
    Agreed but as Spur fans we were spoiled with David,Duncan,Manu, and even Kawhi before he became a bag. That was nearly a 30 year run of having likable star players.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Back in the day players moved around less, so that factor made them seem loyal and less annoying. Social media has brought us too close to the players, arguably. So that’s another factor.

Another roundabout way of saying how lucky SA was, obviously. But our stars were seen as boring too, so they were still overlooked. Anyway, the NBA has been heading this way for awhile. They market players over the game, and officiate accordingly. Their product is becoming harder to actually grasp, it’s not the actual game, it’s like a marketing buzz without a foundation, and not even trying to find one. I really hope the Spurs can stay in SA longterm, basically, because it would be really hard to closely follow the league otherwise.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Back in the day players moved around less, so that factor made them seem loyal and less annoying. Social media has brought us too close to the players, arguably. So that’s another factor.

Another roundabout way of saying how lucky SA was, obviously. But our stars were seen as boring too, so they were still overlooked. Anyway, the NBA has been heading this way for awhile. They market players over the game, and officiate accordingly. Their product is becoming harder to actually grasp, it’s not the actual game, it’s like a marketing buzz without a foundation, and not even trying to find one. I really hope the Spurs can stay in SA longterm, basically, because it would be really hard to closely follow the league otherwise.
    I say this as one of the oldest millennials but I think it started with my generation when it comes to these players being unlikable. We were the first generation to be fully indoctrinated into AAU ball and were the first to deal with having the internet hype machine. Factor this in a lot of these guys were getting recognition at age 13-14 and having a large following of fans. For previous generations you didn't really start to blow up with recognition until you hit college and at best your senior year of high school. I think this was the reason why guys back in the day had more humility versus today because they actually had to work hard to get the fame and recognition. A lot of these guys who are now in their 20's and 30's are used to being worshiped since they were in middle school which leads to them having inflated egos. Unfortunately due to social media I don't see an end to this ever coming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I say this as one of the oldest millennials but I think it started with my generation when it comes to these players being unlikable. We were the first generation to be fully indoctrinated into AAU ball and were the first to deal with having the internet hype machine. Factor this in a lot of these guys were getting recognition at age 13-14 and having a large following of fans. For previous generations you didn't really start to blow up with recognition until you hit college and at best your senior year of high school. I think this was the reason why guys back in the day had more humility versus today because they actually had to work hard to get the fame and recognition. A lot of these guys who are now in their 20's and 30's are used to being worshiped since they were in middle school which leads to them having inflated egos. Unfortunately due to social media I don't see an end to this ever coming.
    You see that with LeBron for sure. I like him for the most part but everything he does for the media is attention seeking and fake that I have a hard time taking him seriously most of the time. Then it just kinda rubbed off onto everyone else.

Thread Information