Page 354 of 397 FirstFirst ... 254304344350351352353354355356357358364 ... LastLast
Results 8,826 to 8,850 of 9906
    My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Yup. It was just a matter of time for him to get a P5 gig.

From a football standpoint, excellent how

Yup. It was just a matter of time for him to get a P5 gig.

From a football standpoint, excellent how
    Uhhhh....Baby Briles was the OC for Florida State in 2019.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Uhhhh....Baby Briles was the OC for Florida State in 2019.
    Oh right I forgot.

Either way, it's desperation but it's still a solid hire for arky

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    nope its brilliant once again proving why sec is dominating college football.......they will do whatever it takes to win..........big12/pac12 r full pf pretentious leaders & will forever be mediocre
    arky won't be dominating anyone any time soon.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    arky won't be dominating anyone any time soon.

Ignore the attention .

nope its brilliant once again proving why sec is dominating college football.......they will do whatever it takes to win..........big12/pac12 r full pf pretentious leaders & will forever be mediocre
    Vanderbilt, Tennessee, South Carolina, Missouri, Kentucky, A&M, Arkansas, Ole Miss. Mississippi State.

Dominating college football, are they?

lol.

Dan Jenkins said it best in a 2014 interview with Texas Monthly. His quote was that fans in the SEC are so rabid because they have such little else in their lives. He pointed to the states of Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, and essentially scortched the entire SEC fooprint by asking "What would the state of Alabama be without Univ of Alabama football?"

Of 14 SEC teams, 9 are garbage, and have been for most of the past quarter century, if not longer. Fans of those 9 garbage programs bleat incessently about "SEC dominance." Fans of the other 5 programs talking about how their team's season is going. THAT is the reality of SEC football.

Whenever anyone starts bleating about "SEC dominance of college football," you have just found a fan of one the predominantly garbage programs of the SEC. When a college football program has gone a quarter-century without being able to put two seasons back-to-back with a record above .500 in conference play, that program defines mediocrity. Nothing about such a record of utter fultility should be remotely conflated with "dominance."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Vanderbilt, Tennessee, South Carolina, Missouri, Kentucky, A&M, Arkansas, Ole Miss. Mississippi State.

Dominating college football, are they?

lol.

Dan Jenkins said it best in a 2014 interview with Texas Monthly. His quote was that fans in the SEC are so rabid because they have such little else in their lives. He pointed to the states of Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, and essentially scortched the entire SEC fooprint by asking "What would the state of Alabama be without Univ of Alabama football?"

Of 14 SEC teams, 9 are garbage, and have been for most of the past quarter century, if not longer. Fans of those 9 garbage programs bleat incessently about "SEC dominance." Fans of the other 5 programs talking about how their team's season is going. THAT is the reality of SEC football.

Whenever anyone starts bleating about "SEC dominance of college football," you have just found a fan of one the predominantly garbage programs of the SEC. When a college football program has gone a quarter-century without being able to put two seasons back-to-back with a record above .500 in conference play, that program defines mediocrity. Nothing about such a record of utter fultility should be remotely conflated with "dominance."
    See now you hurt Blair's feelings. Knowing good and well he is a fan of one of those 9 suck ass schools.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    DE, Tunmise Adeleye, Katy Tompkins

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Would be a nice pickup for us as we need an outside "Z" receiver. Eagles needs to catch 200 balls a day along with Dee Anderson and Jake Smith.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I don't think Anderson played this past season.

Nice opportunity here, hope we reach out. Weren’t we in his top 2 with LSU? If I remember right isn’t he the distant cousin of one of our former players?? I recall him playing seemingly well a couple seasons ago for LSU...

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Nice opportunity here, hope we reach out. Weren’t we in his top 2 with LSU? If I remember right isn’t he the distant cousin of one of our former players?? I recall him playing seemingly well a couple seasons ago for LSU...
    For him to come here he would have to qualify for a graduate school, it remains to be seen if he can get in. It's not like he went to a real school like Rice or Georgia Tech.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    DE, Tunmise Adeleye, Katy Tompkins

It's the price we pay for the season we had. His top 6 are 4 playoff teams and the school closest to home and a team with a very good defense.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Merry Christmas TFloss and to the rest of you filthy animals.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    For him to come here he would have to qualify for a graduate school, it remains to be seen if he can get in. It's not like he went to a real school like Rice or Georgia Tech.
    I know the struggle. Texas wouldn't accept all my credits from my danish university when I applied for Grad School..

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Well at least they will have an OC and not rely totally on Herman. How is he recruiting-wise?

Well at least they will have an OC and not rely totally on Herman. How is he recruiting-wise?
    Some reporter had tweeted he was crucial in getting some Texas guys to Ohio State and he did very well at it. So I’m assuming he’s pretty good at the recruiting game.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    worse than orlando ........... let that sink in...........texas just got worse recruiters than orlando at both coordinator positions..........bryan carrington is going to have to triple his efforts
    Your BS is legendary. Can you be honest in anything you say?

Yurich was the primary recruiter for CJ Stroud the #2 rated pro style QB. He was the secondary recruiter for Jack Miller the 2nd QB in the class. Not bad, they got two 4'star QBs.

I'm pretty sure he will do okay at Texas so long as the offense does well.

Your BS is legendary. Can you be honest in anything you say?

Yurich was the primary recruiter for CJ Stroud the #2 rated pro style QB. He was the secondary recruiter for Jack Miller the 2nd QB in the class. Not bad, they got two 4'star QBs.

I'm pretty sure he will do okay at Texas so long as the offense does well.
    We can't get much worse than what we had this year against really good defenses. We are a burnt orange dumpster fire...but there's always hope for next year right? At least on the defense we can get rid of the 3/4.

Look at the bright side, maybe Jerrah swoops in and hires Lincoln Riley!

Update on Quay Davis:

Earlier Thursday morning, 2021 Dallas Skyline wide receiver Quay Davis released his list of top five schools and the Texas Longhorns made the cut.

Top 5 no order#wakemup2

Alabama, Florida, LSU, and Texas A&M are the other four programs still in contention for the consensus four-star prospect, who committed to Texas in June, but then decided to reopen his commitment in November.

Officially remaining in the mix for Davis is an important development for the Longhorns — Davis is a top-100 prospect nationally, according to the 247Sports Composite rankings and Texas doesn’t currently have the benefit of an offensive coordinator or a wide receivers coach to recruit Davis. His primary recruiter, Drew Mehringer, was fired by head coach Tom Herman following the regular season.

So whether the Horns ultimately remain a contender for Davis will depend to some extent on the relationship that Mehringer’s replacement can build with the 6’0, 193-pounder with the Crimson Tide seemingly surging in his recruitment.

Davis is ranked as the No. 77 player nationally and the No. 13 wide receiver, according to the 247Sports Composite rankings.

https://www.burntorangenation.com/20...ecruiting-2021

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Thread Information