Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One more for the tank

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was the 2nd instance of the Lakers dirtying a Spur without any response if you remember Westbrick taking Johnson out if the air last month.

Definitely think it's a coach thing because guys like Johnson and Murray don't seem like they play when it comes to disrespect. We need some Stephen Jackson, Antonio McDyess, Kurt Thomas at udes.
    i think Murray is the type of guy who won’t back down from a scuffle

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pretty entertaining game tbh

good showing from Vassell, Murray and Keldon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its a long season. Hopefully white/lonnie turn it around. Wither having a nice season would be huge

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl would have helped the Spurs.

Forbes -15 or whatever it was. White was what, -20? Probably not cir stantial in either case. White made positive progress though by hitting a couple of shots at least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its a long season. Hopefully white/lonnie turn it around. Wither having a nice season would be huge
    If his feet don't wither first.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So depressing how easy it was for the Lakers to extend the lead from 105-103 to 110-103. Took them like 10 seconds. Thanks to Murray trying to shoot over AD and Thad turning it over.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Eubanks Scuffle: how did he end up with the technical? I mean, the Lakers shot a free throw so it had to be on him, but Melo pushed him, THT with the hand in his face. I had higher hopes for Drew so far this year, but I like his fight.

Reminds me of that lame T he got after destroying Greek Freak’s brother—odd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs will have to look hard (if they're not already), at starting Vassell, and sooner rather than later.

Derrick White can have 3-4 plays in a row where he can make the right play and then one that is head-scratchingly bad, it seemingly undoes, perceptually, the good that preceded it.
    They are tell-tale signs of anxiety and a lack of self confidence.

The issue is now do the Spurs run the risk of possibly contributing further to this if he is given a bench role, perceiving it as a demotion rather than potentially a liberation?
    Sending good vibes D-W's way. Feel like he couldn't be with a better team to help him get through it.
    The guy is going on 28... He is who he is... He is NOT going to turn some corner... These are the ages where players are in their prime... He has never been consistent his entire career... And even in his best season he has averaged 15ppg... He isn't that guy... He is a solid bench player at best... Once we accept that, and Pop makes the proper adjustments, we will be fine... But ppl acting as if he is on the level of shai gilgeous-alexander and is just going through some slump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just saw the Eubanks scuffle. Smh at every player on the court for not having his back. Straight up made.
    I agree... But the thing is Pop has these young guys traumatized... Let's not act as if he hasn't benched young guys in the past for showing certain energies on the court when it comes to confrontation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy is going on 28... He is who he is... He is NOT going to turn some corner... These are the ages where players are in their prime... He has never been consistent his entire career... And even in his best season he has averaged 15ppg... He isn't that guy... He is a solid bench player at best... Once we accept that, and Pop makes the proper adjustments, we will be fine... But ppl acting as if he is on the level of shai gilgeous-alexander and is just going through some slump
    I'm not disagreeing. He isn't going to be an All Star level player. But his game is consistently inconsistent is how I'd look at it. He is definitely on a down cycle. (Yak has had these ups and downs before as well, especially last year to begin the season after signing his contract.)

I expect White to play better at some point and give us more hope, but that good play won't build on anything, unlike Dejounte who is still improving.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not disagreeing. He isn't going to be an All Star level player. But his game is consistently inconsistent is how I'd look at it. He is definitely on a down cycle. (Yak has had these ups and downs before as well, especially last year to begin the season after signing his contract.)

I expect White to play better at some point and give us more hope, but that good play won't build on anything, unlike Dejounte who is still improving.
    Yeah, I think White hit his peak in that Denver Nuggets playoff series, but that was partially because he was forced into being a primary option and actually played above his level.

Now that he has a full complement of players around him that he has to facilitate and isn't forced into being "the guy", he just doesn't seem to be the same kind of player.

Reminds of what happened (to a lesser extent) to Jonathon Simmons. Dude had some decent playoff games after getting big minutes due to the Kawhi injury, and suddenly everyone thought he was gonna be a player of the future. Instead, he went and grabbed his bag, and a couple years later he was out of the league.

I think White is the superior player to Simmons, but I'm also starting to doubt we will ever see that Denver Derrick ever again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons could get you buckets from the bench at a .400 clip consistently no matter if opposition was good or not. White is ing trash. Dude is a ghost up in here.
    White has a higher FG% and 3P% than Simmons did, and has done it over more years even counting his rough start this season.

I'm not the biggest White fan right now either, but there is a reason Simmons was a walk-on in the GLeague and is no longer in the NBA.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just saw the Eubanks scuffle. Smh at every player on the court for not having his back. Straight up made.
    You can thank old man Popazit for that. Any player who shows any street on this team gets banished to end of bench or Austin and scapegoated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons can dunk the ball like a man and white is a glass pussy.
    Simmons also isn't in the NBA anymore and White is, so there is that. But I'm sure that's all Pop's fault, too....despite the fact that 29 other teams also felt like he wasn't NBA-worthy.

I'm not saying White is better than Simmons or vice-versa, just that both players got hyped over one decent playoff run and now both players are probably considering second job opportunities.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys worrying and trippin over white -

dont worry…
    he will get it together soon and will have a stretch of a few games where he suddenly looks all-world…

THAT is when he will get injured again and be out most of the season…

BOOK IT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    crazy how Carmelo, overnight, has become an elite 3 point shooter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess is White lied on his age and is actually 34 which is why he’s declining

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White is a great defender, even though his offense disappears for months at a time.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    crazy how Carmelo, overnight, has become an elite 3 point shooter
    Amazing what happens when a former star accepts an off-ball role.

Richard Jefferson did something similar, but his at ude was evidently terrible, or at least a bad fit with Pop and the Big Three.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching the Bulls disassemble the same Lakers team that had us down double digits the entire game practically, reminds me what an absolute ty team we have, and of course we didn't even play them with LeBron. They lost to the Thunder twice too...which makes it even worse.
    And more than anything else, it's dispiriting to see how beautifully their young athletic core amplifies Demar's game. Ostensibly we have a young and athletic fast break team too but our young core doesn’t even remotely give off the vibes they'll ever be able to run and play consistently at such a high level like these Bills do.

Seeing how bad the Bucks are right now means we do not have even one quality win. And we have nothing but embarrassing losses upon reflection, given our other three wins have only been against Orlando (twice) and the Kings.

We are clearly in tank mode, yet incapable of playing our newest draftees more than 6 minutes total in 13 games?

It'll never make sense.
    Last edited by offset formation; 11-16-2021 at 01:10 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching the Bulls disassemble the same Lakers team that had us down double digits the entire game practically, reminds me what an absolute ty team we have, and of course we didn't even play them with LeBron. They lost to the Thunder twice too...which makes it even worse.
    And more than anything else, it's dispiriting to see how beautifully their young athletic core amplifies Demar's game. Ostensibly we have a young and athletic fast break team too but our young core doesn’t even remotely give off the vibes they'll ever be able to run and play consistently at such a high level like these Bills do.

Seeing how bad the Bucks are right now means we do not have even one quality win. And we have nothing but embarrassing losses upon reflection, given our other three wins have only been against Orlando (twice) and the Kings.

We are clearly in tank mode, yet incapable of playing our newest draftees more than 6 minutes total in 13 games?

It'll never make sense.
    this always makes me cringe

basketball is never apples to apples

the Lakers and any other team have their strengths and weaknesses. They can lose by a lot against a team that’s built like the Bulls and win easily against a team built like the Spurs.

looking at blowouts as a sign of anything is silly as .

Im not saying at all the Spurs are good, but what your logic of what makes a team good or bad stinks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this always makes me cringe

basketball is never apples to apples

the Lakers and any other team have their strengths and weaknesses. They can lose by a lot against a team that’s built like the Bulls and win easily against a team built like the Spurs.

looking at blowouts as a sign of anything is silly as .

Im not saying at all the Spurs are good, but what your logic of what makes a team good or bad stinks
    I'm not using the transitive property here. I'm using objective rationale to critique the team's performances.

Cringe all you want, lol, I'm giving zero s.

I'm arguing that despite while many on this board have reported being happy with our compe iveness, we are far from compe ive in many ways. We have routinely had our asses handed to us by teams without their prime players or who are missing starters (See Dallas without Porzingis, LA without LeBron twice, see the Buck's without 2 starters and 3 primary bench guys, etc). We are losing games where we had 30 assists by double digits. Games where we shoot 50l%, games where we make 15 threes. Those are hallmarks of a ty team and I don't want to hear about moral victories where there are none. And it doesn't always show up in box scores. Sometimes you have to dig deeper to find out what's working and what's not and whether you're actually competing apples to apples as you suggest. We aren't.

Yet our coach is evidently trying to win with ty rotations and putting our highest draft pick in 20 years in g-league dribbling camp where he's played only 2 games since the season started 7 weeks ago. Tell me how that's making him or the Spurs better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not using the transitive property here. I'm using objective rationale to critique the team's performances.

Cringe all you want, lol, I'm giving zero s.

I'm arguing that despite while many on this board have reported being happy with our compe iveness, we are far from compe ive in many ways. We have routinely had our asses handed to us by teams without their prime players or who are missing starters (See Dallas without Porzingis, LA without LeBron twice, see the Buck's without 2 starters and 3 primary bench guys, etc). We are losing games where we had 30 assists by double digits. Games where we shoot 50l%, games where we make 15 threes. Those are hallmarks of a ty team and I don't want to hear about moral victories where there are none. And it doesn't always show up in box scores. Sometimes you have to dig deeper to find out what's working and what's not and whether you're actually competing apples to apples as you suggest. We aren't.

Yet our coach is evidently trying to win with ty rotations and putting our top draft pick in 20 years in g-league dribbling camp where he's played only 2 games since the season started. Tell me how that's making him or the Spurs better.
    This team has too many holes in it for it to be considered anything else but a rebuild. There were zero people who thought we would be contenders and only sniffers thought we would bee vying for the play-in. We are what most rational people thought we were. A ty team with no real plan. The problem comes from the top which I have stated numerous times.

We have inexperienced owners who don't know how to run a franchise. We have 3rd or 4th option selectee as our GM. We have a coach who is long past his prime and holding the franchise hostage, which I totally support btw. We have zero good assistant coaches and one decent we think in Becky. Chip looks like he has no idea what to do with these players when it comes to the 3ball. Our scouting department we think is good and that's about it.

This leads to bad decisions in coaching, in personnel, in every day organization run through, and eventually that spills over to the court. We are on the verge of becoming like the Twolves or the Pels or the Kings. Small Market teams almost never do a quick turnaround without getting very very lucky. 3 bad draft picks, one bad coach to replace Pop and our franchise is set back 6 years. Nobody here wants to admit it, but we could bee another 6 years away from the playoffs very easily.

The good news, is that we aren't there yet and there is still time to right the ship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ahhh the tank is fun.

Thread Information