Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Legit in the MVP talks right now. Best scorer in the 4th quarter in the league this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad for him. It's clearly a way better situation for him and I hope it's improving his mental health.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So now spurs gave away another mvp candidate for pretty much nothing?!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So now spurs gave away another mvp candidate for pretty much nothing?!
    he is free agent, so we dont get that much of a choice, most of us want him gone anyway

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR is good enough to be a 3 on a championship team, and arguably a two. But he isn't good enough to take a lottery team and turn them into a contender. Only a few players in the league can do that, like Luka or Durrant or Lebron. He's not a number one so while he made the Spurs compe ive, he could not make them a playoff level team without more all-star talent. When he had LMA in all-star form, they were a playoff team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR is good enough to be a 3 on a championship team, and arguably a two. But he isn't good enough to take a lottery team and turn them into a contender. Only a few players in the league can do that, like Luka or Durrant or Lebron. He's not a number one so while he made the Spurs compe ive, he could not make them a playoff level team without more all-star talent. When he had LMA in all-star form, they were a playoff team.
    He’s inefficient. Westbrook never impressed me with his counting stats, and neither does DeRozan. I’m glad he was unwilling to take a two year deal,or we’d be stuck watching boring, sub .500 ISO ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @ the posters missing demar

His stats are pretty much the same. He is taking more shots and averaging less assists. His advanced numbers are down slightly. All in all he is the same player he was here. Difference is the Bulls have two other legit all stars with range and solid defensive role players. He is not and never will be an MVP candidate level player

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @ the posters missing demar

His stats are pretty much the same. He is taking more shots and averaging less assists. His advanced numbers are down slightly. All in all he is the same player he was here. Difference is the Bulls have two other legit all stars with range and solid defensive role players. He is not and never will be an MVP candidate level player
    Exactly...Demar is still the same. He will flame out badly in the playoffs. Look at his stats in the play in game against Grizzlies last year or game 7 against the Nuggets.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly...Demar is still the same. He will flame out badly in the playoffs. Look at his stats in the play in game against Grizzlies last year or game 7 against the Nuggets.
    Didn't Demar tell the young guys before the play-in game that they need to be ready? I am sure I read that, and after his performance yet again (game 7 against the Nuggets also came to mind) in a big game, I had no problem whatsoever letting him walk or trading him (telling the young guys they need to be ready and then playing that poorly didn't sit well with me). I didn't want him back at all after that. I'd seen enough. I like the guy, but he has shown time and time again what kind of player he is as the lead dog when the games matter.

I wish him well, though, as he really does seem like a good guy.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad we got something in trading him. Help me remember what we have gotten so far in total from the Kawhi trade and then the subsequent DDR trade:

Yak
    Keldon (from Toronto’s 29 pick)
    Thad Young
    The Corpse of Aminu
    And what picks? I recall a bunch of teeth gnashing about what we may or may not receive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad we got something in trading him. Help me remember what we have gotten so far in total from the Kawhi trade and then the subsequent DDR trade:

Yak
    Keldon (from Toronto’s 29 pick)
    Thad Young
    The Corpse of Aminu
    And what picks? I recall a bunch of teeth gnashing about what we may or may not receive.
    We gave up Kawhi, Danny Green and ~5mm and as it stands now, nearly 4 years later we have the following to show:

- Jak
    - Keldon (raps FRP)
    - Young
    - Aminu (waived)
    - Bulls 2025 protected FRP (top 10 first year, top 8 2026/27, else SRP 2028)
    - Lakers 2022 SRP via Bulls (Edited - Thanks Ex)
    - Bulls 2025 SRP
    Last edited by KingKev; 12-04-2021 at 11:21 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We gave up Kawhi, Danny Green and ~5mm and as it stands now, nearly 4 years later we have the following to show:

- Jak
    - Keldon (raps FRP)
    - Young
    - Aminu (waived)
    - Detroit 2022 SRP via Bulls
    - Bulls 2025 SRP
    I feel like getting flammed today so i’ll give my opinion… this is all hindsight but PATFO should not he proud of that haul as it stands now. It’s my opinion:

- Danny Green and ~5mm cash were worth a late FRP alone
    - The 2 SRPs from Chicago are fair compensation for eating Aminu’s last year
    - Keldon could have been drafted at #19 in place of taking a flier on Luka
    - There is a material chance we get nothing for Thad and he is bought out

So in my mind we received Jak, an opportunity to take a flier on Luka and whatever we get from Thad for what was arguably best player in the NBA. I realize Kawhi made the situation extremely difficult, his health was a concern and he was going to trade at a discount regardless but stubborn PATFO made this harder on themselves from the jump. Even DDR could have been moved earlier for a better return. If Thad is bought out we really ended up with Jak for Kawhi.

We have had some bad breaks the last few years but also some self inflicted pain. Okay done being an arm chair QB. #FlameSuitOn
    Last edited by KingKev; 12-04-2021 at 08:56 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

- Jak
    - Keldon (raps FRP)
    - Young
    - Aminu (waived)
    - Bulls 2025 SRP
    +Lakers 2022 SRP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

- Jak
    - Keldon (raps FRP)
    - Young
    - Aminu (waived)
    - Bulls 2025 SRP
    No. It's JUST the Lakers 22 second. The Detroit pick is what the Spurs got for sending Milutinov's rights and taking Hutch back. That has nothing to do with the Kawhi/DeRozan deal. The Bulls didn't own the Detroit pick (or rather they didn't own the better of the DET and CHI picks since it's still technically possible that the Bulls finish behind the Pistons) -- Washington did.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Detroit second round pick may be gold this year!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. It's JUST the Lakers 22 second. The Detroit pick is what the Spurs got for sending Milutinov's rights and taking Hutch back. That has nothing to do with the Kawhi/DeRozan deal. The Bulls didn't own the Detroit pick (or rather they didn't own the better of the DET and CHI picks since it's still technically possible that the Bulls finish behind the Pistons) -- Washington did.
    No, it’s the Lakers SRP and the Chicago 2025 SRP, in addition to the protected CHI FRP that goes on the clock in 2025. Only the (likely) Detroit SRP conveyed in the 5 team trade with WSH and the LAL, centered around Westbrook.

You made me look it up, so I did. It’s even been updated with the forfeited tampering picks.

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/dr...rafts/detailed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Detroit second round pick may be gold this year!!!!
    Yeah, this is a deep draft, so that could be like a late first, with different contract options. Not bad for renting $4M in cap space for a year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, it’s the Lakers SRP and the Chicago 2025 SRP, in addition to the protected CHI FRP that goes on the clock in 2025. Only the (likely) Detroit SRP conveyed in the 5 team trade with WSH and the LAL, centered around Westbrook.

You made me look it up, so I did. It’s even been updated with the forfeited tampering picks.

Thanks for the clarification sir.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No, it's JUST the Lakers pick, not the Lakers pick and Pistons pick. You should've seen that from looking it up. Chicago didn't own their own pick, as I said. That pick belongs to Sacramento. I wasn't talking at all about the the 2025 Bulls picks, hence me highlighting the Pistons pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And to clarify before Ex cartwheels in here claiming that he caught me in something, I've talked about the Chicago first and second from 2025 numerous times in this thread, including:

Yeah. This deal in a vacuum to fill out the roster is fine, probably even good. This deal after Collins and McDermott is abysmal. If this pick is something like lotto in 25 and 26 then a 28 second if not conveyed, this deal will be horrible. Who cares about the worse of SAC/CHI/LAL second next year and a 2025 Chicago second isn't carrying the day for me.
    I knew about those picks. I was clarifying that the good second the Spurs got (the one from Detroit) wasn't a part of the DeRozan deal, so KK mentioning it was wrong. Then you adding the Lakers pick to that list was wrong, not because the Lakers pick wasn't part of the deal (it was), but because the list was already wrong. Also, technically, the pick is the better of the CHI/DET picks and not the Pistons pick outright. Sacramento owns the worse of the picks. So the Spurs could still get Chicago's second-rounder if they fall apart and finish behind Detroit. It's not likely at all, but if that were to happen, the Spurs would at least have that. The tampering punishment doesn't affect that, because the Bulls no longer control their pick anyway. The Spurs will get one, and the Kings will get the other, barring a trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We might be docked an SRP if DDR doesn’t shhhh…

https://airalamo.com/posts/san-anton...les-lakers/amp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And to clarify before Ex cartwheels in here claiming that he caught me in something, I've talked about the Chicago first and second from 2025 numerous times in this thread, including:

I knew about those picks. I was clarifying that the good second the Spurs got (the one from Detroit) wasn't a part of the DeRozan deal, so KK mentioning it was wrong. Then you adding the Lakers pick to that list was wrong, not because the Lakers pick wasn't part of the deal (it was), but because the list was already wrong. Also, technically, the pick is the better of the CHI/DET picks and not the Pistons pick outright. Sacramento owns the worse of the picks. So the Spurs could still get Chicago's second-rounder if they fall apart and finish behind Detroit. It's not likely at all, but if that were to happen, the Spurs would at least have that. The tampering punishment doesn't affect that, because the Bulls no longer control their pick anyway. The Spurs will get one, and the Kings will get the other, barring a trade.
    Nice walk back.

Let’s see if we can agree on a list, as opposed to paragraphs of words.

DeRozan trade picks
    2022 LAL SRP
    2025 CHI SRP
    2025 or later CHI FRP that conveys as a 2028 SRP if we don’t get the FRP by 2027. Protections 1-10,1-8,1-8

Pick from 5 team Westbrook trade for accepting the Hutchison contract.
    Better of Detroit’s or Chicago’s 2022 SRPs, with the worse going to Sacto.

Don’t even ask about the SRP swap with Indy for McD. The incoming/outgoing 2023 SRPs likely won’t convey (>55), but we will get one of 3 2026 SRPs on the table, I think the better of ours, vs. the worse of Miami and Indy. I hate pick swaps with more than 2 teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What’s such a slippery slope with the tampering stuff, is aren’t the spurs allowed to speak with demars agent anytime they wanted to since he played for the team? And what’s to stop demars agent from reaching out to the lakers to gauge interest just to report back to Demar or the spurs potentially. With that there’s no player to organization contact

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice walk back.

Let’s see if we can agree on a list, as opposed to paragraphs of words.

DeRozan trade picks
    2022 LAL SRP
    2025 CHI SRP
    2025 or later CHI FRP that conveys as a 2028 SRP if we don’t get the FRP by 2027. Protections 1-10,1-8,1-8

Pick from 5 team Westbrook trade for accepting the Hutchison contract.
    Better of Detroit’s or Chicago’s 2022 SRPs, with the worse going to Sacto.

Don’t even ask about the SRP swap with Indy for McD. The incoming/outgoing 2023 SRPs likely won’t convey (>55), but we will get one of 3 2026 SRPs on the table, I think the better of ours, vs. the worse of Miami and Indy. I hate pick swaps with more than 2 teams.
    Yeah, that's about the size of it. I think there was initially some misunderstanding about the LAL pick, since it was conditional as well. From what I read, it used to be that Washington had the extra option to swap the LAL pick for the better of the DET/CHI pick, so during the very early days/hours of the DMDR trade getting announced, there was a chance the Spurs wouldn't receive LAL's pick if they somehow finished worse than Detroit and the Bulls. But after the Hutch trade, the Spurs have both, and there's no need to swap. The Spurs have the Lakers' pick outright, and they can trade it without conditions if they so want. I wanted to make that clear, because I know I hadn't realized the conditions were gone until a month or so ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It’s only tampering if the receiving team does it. As a trading team, you can actually give your player permission to talk to other teams, making tampering moot.

Thread Information