Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t see you making any great argument here. They could have easily tried to move LMA earlier to better shape the roster to complement DDR in order to win, if winning was their goal. But they didn’t. More likely they saw a rebuild was inevitable and eventually accepted it after it was too late. Seems like the same mentality to me. Sort of a Taoist approach they’ve always done. Let everyone freak out and panic, and wait for a golden opportunity in case it presents itself. Trading DDR showed good initiative, and maybe a new trend, but still too early to say.
    Except.they did try to trade lma. They weren't able to due to a lack of.leverage as everyone knew he was getting bought out. But they 100% did try to move him so I'm not sure how that helps the theory they won't make midseason trades

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except.they did try to trade lma. They weren't able to due to a lack of.leverage as everyone knew he was getting bought out. But they 100% did try to move him so I'm not sure how that helps the theory they won't make midseason trades
    I'm talking about trading him earlier in the LMA/DDR process when he actually had value and "win now mode" wasn't completely delusional, only partially. And maybe they did try to trade him if the Wiseman rumors were true, but we'll never know for sure. Regardless, his value at the end was low because everyone knew he was getting bought out because...the Spurs don't make trades very often at all.

Again, maybe after trading DDR we are in a turning point, but I doubt it. We are overloaded with guards stepping over each other to get playing time. We have Young who has put up billboards that he wants to be traded. We'll see what happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t see you making any great argument here. They could have easily tried to move LMA earlier to better shape the roster to complement DDR in order to win, if winning was their goal. But they didn’t. More likely they saw a rebuild was inevitable and eventually accepted it after it was too late. Seems like the same mentality to me. Sort of a Taoist approach they’ve always done. Let everyone freak out and panic, and wait for a golden opportunity in case it presents itself. Trading DDR showed good initiative, and maybe a new trend, but still too early to say.
    I’m not even convinced trading DDR was us taking initiative, more-so working with him for a mutually beneficial outcome. None of DDR/LMA/Gay/Mills wanted to return unless it was for huge money. DDR had few options in free agency so that while that trade was good for us it also helped DDR get somehwere he wanted to be at a price he was happy with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve been reading Mo Bamba might be available at the deadline. If not he’ll be an RFA this summer and the Magic have to make a decision on their front line with bigs Jonathan Issac (out nearly 2 years now but presume he is ready for next season), recently extended Wendell Carter Jr, surprise rookie Franz Wagner (who has been playing the 3 but can play the 4) and a probable top 3 pick in a draft that looks to be a 3 man race of bigs.

If they end up with one of Chet Holmgren/Paulo Banchero/Jabari Smith I can’t see them retaining Mo Bamba.

After a slow start to his career due to injuries and playing in a crowded front court (Issac, Gordon, Vucevic) Bamba is starting to show something. He has had some monster games on both sides of the ball this year and his 3pt shot stroke is looking pretty good for a 7fter with a 7’10 wingspan.

I wonder if our 2 2022 SRPs and salary match, say Walker and Juancho would be enough to get him at the deadline. Would also be an interesting free agent to consider this offseason.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve been reading Mo Bamba might be available at the deadline. If not he’ll be an RFA this summer and the Magic have to make a decision on their front line with bigs Jonathan Issac (out nearly 2 years now but presume he is ready for next season), recently extended Wendell Carter Jr, surprise rookie Franz Wagner (who has been playing the 3 but can play the 4) and a probable top 3 pick in a draft that looks to be a 3 man race of bigs.

If they end up with one of Chet Holmgren/Paulo Banchero/Jabari Smith I can’t see them retaining Mo Bamba.

After a slow start to his career due to injuries and playing in a crowded front court (Issac, Gordon, Vucevic) Bamba is starting to show something. He has had some monster games on both sides of the ball this year and his 3pt shot stroke is looking pretty good for a 7fter with a 7’10 wingspan.

I wonder if our 2 2022 SRPs and salary match, say Walker and Juancho would be enough to get him at the deadline. Would also be an interesting free agent to consider this offseason.
    I would like to get him but everything I have seen is they were not looking to trade him and was high on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would like to get him but everything I have seen is they were not looking to trade him and was high on him.
    He’s started most of the season but wouldn't exactly call it a breakout year. They were pretty high on Isaac pre injury. If they have a top 3 pick hard to see them not going for one of those bigs so they are going to have a log jam at the 4/5.

Also Isaac’s 70mm contract is virtually untradeable given injury history and off court antics so he almost certainly has to be in their rotation if he return’s healthy.
    Last edited by KingKev; 01-21-2022 at 03:09 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Laker offered THT and a 2027 FRP for Jeremi Grant LOL. They need to be using their picks to offload Russ! The LBJ era is so close to over despite the fact he is still playing incredible.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point I just want some value for Thad. I’ll be very happy with the deadline if that happens.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He’d be one of my RFA in the summer. Force Orlando to make a tough choice.

Given the ty free agent class this summer, I also would want to mess with PHX, well, just because. If offer Ayton a max 3+1 and put them at risk of losing two cost controlled years of Ayton when they match.
    Last edited by CGD; 01-22-2022 at 09:19 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’d be one of my RFA in the summer. Force Orlando to make a tough choice.

Given the ty free agent class this summer, I also would want to mess with PHX, well, just because. If offer Ayton a max 3+1 and put them at risk of losing two cost controlled years of Ayton when they match.
    Very few teams are going to have the cap space to offer him a max deal without first clearing space themselves but I think Ayton ends up with the max regardless.

Pistons, Spurs, Magic and maybe Grizz (if they can move Steven Adams although they already have JJJ) would all be able to offer him the max pretty easily. It’s crazy how little cap space there is this offseason with Spurs likely to have the most at ~35 assuming a modest increase in the cap.

On the Grizz: if they salary dump Adams they’ll have 35mm in cap and also have 3 FRPs in 2022. They are going to be a presence for sometime.
    Last edited by KingKev; 01-22-2022 at 10:02 AM.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Laker offered THT and a 2027 FRP for Jeremi Grant LOL. They need to be using their picks to offload Russ! The LBJ era is so close to over despite the fact he is still playing incredible.
    I'm not surprised by that offer at all. The Lakers are going all in, whatever it takes. They would trade another decade in the wilderness for a le right now.

Detroit would be foolish to take it, of course.

Thread Information