Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Zidane was a smart dude tbh. When he knew VAR was coming he realized clapping on the side for 90 minutes wasn't going to be effective anymore.

Veteran
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

Post Count
    Sucks to know Ajax will have all its youngsters poached away in no time by the PSGs/Citys of the world..
    That's the life of World's #1 football educational system.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    The fact that Real had all those semis and finals between Ronaldo's arrival and departure is just a mere coincidence. You could basically replace Ronaldo with anyone and the results would have been the same.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    What's not a coincidence is Barca's fall in the european stage coming after Xavi and Iniesta retired and then they had to rely on a knockout stage choker.

Unpopular opinion: Mbappe > Neymar (or at least soon to be)

PSG hasn't missed a beat without the Brazilian junkballer, tbh..

Washed up Buffon ..

Is there a more overrated thing in soccer than "the home advantage in the Second leg"?

Especially in KO stages of CL: European pitches/atmospheres are almost the same these days. And with the introduction of VAR, refereeing bias effect has been reduced significantly. Let's just scrap the archaic away goals rule and have the two team go at it for 180 (or 210) minutes..

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Is there a more overrated thing in soccer than "the home advantage in the Second leg"?

Especially in KO stages of CL: European pitches/atmospheres are almost the same these days. And with the introduction of VAR, refereeing bias effect has been reduced significantly. Let's just scrap the archaic away goals rule and have the two team go at it for 180 (or 210) minutes..
    Nah, the away goals rule is fine to avoid penalties and teams settling for boring stretches of football.

For example: if United scores one more goal, without the away goals rule the series would be tied. United would definitely park the bus and PSG would maybe try to go for the win but they wouldn't go all in either because they know they wouldn't be getting eliminated, thing which could happen if they get caught with a counter. So, what would happen is both teams would be playing it safe for the rest of regulation and ET, which would result in a snoozefest for the spectators.

With the away goals rule we know we are action either way. If Manu doesn't score soon, they will have to go all in to try to get that goal. If Manu does score soon, the ones going all in would be PSG.

I do agree that playing the second game at home isn't much of an advantage with this rule.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Hohohoho.

My Team
    Manchester City FC
    Post Count
    PSG are serial choke artists.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    lol that has to be the biggest choke in CL history right?

Statistically, at least, it's the first time in 106 times that a team that lost the first game 0-2 at home turns it around.

My Team
    Manchester City FC
    Post Count
    lol that has to be the biggest choke in CL history right?

Statistically, at least, it's the first time in 106 times that a team that lost the first game 0-2 at home turns it around.
    Nope. PSG vs Barcelona was the biggest choke of all time.

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    PSG

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    And it's not only that. It's the way it was done. PSG dominated the entire ing series. I really don't even know how United scored three times.

Washed up Buffon ..
    Im glad that guy who won best GK IN italy left PSG. Wtf is PSG thinking handing him the keys. They benched two better younger goalie for an extremely washed up player.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Nope. PSG vs Barcelona was the biggest choke of all time.
    Maybe I'm wrong but I think teams had already came back from 4 goals down playing the second game at home.

Buffon

I know this is time to trade in hyperbole, but does anyone recall bigger chokers in any sport than this Paris ST Germain team?

I have never seen something like this, tbh. Mindboggling .

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Watching that first half I was about to say that PSG looked like the number one candidate to win it all, tbh.

Im glad that guy who won best GK IN italy left PSG. Wtf is PSG thinking handing him the keys. They benched two better younger goalie for an extremely washed up player.
    Yep, enjoying the humiliation of this selfish pick. Dude is ruining his leagcy with his pathetic attempt at vulturing a CL..

My Team
    Manchester City FC
    Post Count
    Maybe I'm wrong but I think teams had already came back from 4 goals down playing the second game at home.
    I don't know but this was by far one of the biggest collapses in professional sports. Today's game was a classic case of failing to put an opponent away when they had the chance.

Watching that first half I was about to say that PSG looked like the number one candidate to win it all, tbh.
    Easily the most open CL in this decade. I really don't know who is going to win it. Only team to exclude is probably the winner of Porto/Roma and Ajax.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

Good memories sons.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    I don't know but this was by far one of the biggest collapses in professional sports. Today's game was a classic case of failing to put an opponent away when they had the chance.

But that's exactly what makes this worse. Barca at least dominated PSG. United fans still don't know how the they scored 3 goals without even having possession.

Thread Information