Page 115 of 193 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 4810
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I will add one last thing.

Not since 2009 have we had a team that could come back from 15 down with 3 minutes to win a game. That is progress, if we can learn to block we will have an unstoppable offense.

Defense was exposed we need to see some serious improvement otherwise we are not in the playoff picture.

If I picked the playoff right now this is how I'd pick them.

Clemson
    Bama
    Ohio State
    Oregon, (they got some serious real talent this year, on both sides of the ball).

I will add one last thing.
    Not since 2009 have we had a team that could come back from 15 down with 3 minutes to win a game. That is progress, if we can learn to block we will have an unstoppable offense.
    Defense was exposed we need to see some serious improvement otherwise we are not in the playoff picture.
    I agree with your overall sentiment. There is an old sayin' that "Good teams win bad games" and maybe that is what we saw yesterday.

And, yes, the defense was exposed and they have plenty of tape to review. If any of them thought they were too woke for the game, I hope this game woke them up.

A concern I have is how much the secondary was torched... a secondary that was all highly rated and now almost all upper classmen. I really thought the secondary would control this game but they didnt

CB: JThompson (Jr), Jamison (Jr), Green (Jr), Watson (RS-Fr)
    S: CBrown (Sr), Foster (Jr), Sterns (Jr), Estell (Jr)
    N: Adimora (So), Cook (Jr)
    Last edited by soldierhorn; 09-28-2020 at 09:08 AM.

Some very good comentary on the game. One of myconcerns( have many) was the offense had several chances when another score would have put the game away. They failed that test.
    Plus it tackling does not get better better teams or teams with better players will beat them.

Yes and if they play like that a Patterson coached team will beat texas next Saturday

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Yes and if they play like that a Patterson coached team will beat texas next Saturday
    Cannot argue with that.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I agree with your overall sentiment. There is an old sayin' that "Good teams win bad games" and maybe that is what we saw yesterday.

And, yes, the defense was exposed and they have plenty of tape to review. If any of them thought they were too woke for the game, I hope this game woke them up.

A concern I have is how much the secondary was torched... a secondary that was all highly rated and now almost all upper classmen. I really thought the secondary would control this game but they didnt

CB: JThompson (Jr), Jamison (Jr), Green (Jr), Watson (RS-Fr)
    S: CBrown (Sr), Foster (Jr), Sterns (Jr), Estell (Jr)
    N: Adimora (So), Cook (Jr)
    I guess woke involves the new tackling system installed by Ash? The superior rugby tackling system That prevents injuries. Missing spring practice did not help either. Texas Tech had some huge hits in the game but they also missed tackles badly.

if you are implying they don’t understand they are playing in a violent game... that needs to be addressed immediately and the defensive players need to get out of the game completely if they don’t get this. Some of these guys are very good athletes and should possibly be steered towards other games. Go to the East Coast, get in superb distance running shape and join lacrosse. Go to Ok St and wrestle. Many other ways to enjoy compe ive sports.

if the coaches have not figured out the kids really don’t like this game we have huge problems as a team. it’s also apparent that the kids might’ve been ultra woke The last two seasons on defense which clearly went away in the Utah game. Probably need to go back and look at that film and see what happened. My guess would be that they had a lot of time to work at proper technique with fresher faces coaching them

The team played poorly, but the game was also horribly officiated. The refs can control momentum of a game, and they did a damn good job of it saturday.
    It’s really kind of sad.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The team played poorly, but the game was also horribly officiated. The refs can control momentum of a game, and they did a damn good job of it saturday.
    It’s really kind of sad.
    Typical big 12 refs. Nothing has changed there for sure. Tech was getting away with a hold on almost every play. Regardless, we found a way to win and now move on to the next one.

Tackling and pass blocking need major improvement, if this Team is going to make a run this year.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Nice to see. I dont watch the NFL anymore so these clips are nice... but about all I need.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Nice to see. I dont watch the NFL anymore so these clips are nice... but about all I need.
    Who the F— cares what you do!!!! This is a recruiting site not a dumbass site

Who the F— cares what you do!!!! This is a recruiting site not a dumbass site
    Talk about dumbassery. This is a THREAD on a basketball (web)site

recruiting? Not much recruiting posting since TFLOSS left. Matter of fact, texas4ever has posted the most and not a single thing he has posted on this page of this THREAD that has anything to do with recruiting. AND, I just mostly respond to what others post.

I like clips of Longhorns doing things in other leagues and that's what I said. If you dont like other people's opinions maybe YOU are the one with a problem. NOTHING more indicative of your own small mindedness as to point a finger and tell others to shut up. GOOD JOB

Looks really bad in here right now.

TFLOSS is probably taking a break, like he usually does, just sucks where this site is goin.

TFLOSS is probably taking a break, like he usually does, just sucks where this site is goin.
    I dont think he is just taking a break. It looks like he has abandoned his own thread. He is posting on another site that gives him administrative privileges so he can delete & ban nonsense postings.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    TFloss has admin in this sub forum.

TFloss has admin in this sub forum.
    I dont think so... and he has said as much. He has moderation privileges on this site, which usually means he can modify & delete posting (and other minor things such as copy, move threads/postings, etc) but he does not have admin rights to ban posters and make significant changes - big difference. He would have to go to a site administrator and request the administrator do such things, which they are unlikely to do. These sites sell advertising based on activity and they are unlikely to ban someone posting on an off-topic thread (non-basketball) unless the posting is overly and repeatedly crude, offensive, vulgar, Surly, etc. And, as a longtime moderator of the Scout's Longhorn site (RIP), most older forums follow this template.
    Last edited by soldierhorn; 09-29-2020 at 12:34 PM.

Just hit ignore on the posters that don’t want to talk about the horns.

It will lower your blood pressure

NOTHING more indicative of your own small mindedness as to point a finger and tell others to shut up. GOOD JOB
    So why don't you watch the NFL anymore pray tell? Because of others voicing their opinions?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

depth chart: https://texassports.com/do ents/20...epth_Chart.pdf

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

https://247sports.com/Player/Jamarion-Miller-46058624/

Thread Information