Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Expect to hear this statement A LOT in the next few days.

I must have read ten times from ten different democrats already. No doubt it was sent out to all the libs early this morning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My take - objective as possible - John McCain either thinks he's indestructible, or just shat all over his regard of this country.

Oh: it wasn't sent out to all libs, it's just plain obvious. What a disastrous pick.

"Have to check the film" PixelPusher's Avatar
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Expect to hear this statement A LOT in the next few days.

I must have read ten times from ten different democrats already. No doubt it was sent out to all the libs early this morning.
    ....precisely because we heard A LOT about Obama's "lack of experience" from Republicans and Conservatives. Turnabout is fair play. Deal with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My take - objective as possible - John McCain either thinks he's indestructible, or just shat all over his regard of this country.

Oh: it wasn't sent out to all libs, it's just plain obvious. What a disastrous pick.

Sexist Pig.

She is EVERY bit as qualified/experienced as Obama; as much, or even more, relevant experience than HE has.

If she's a horrible pick as VP, what the kind of pick is Obama for the BIG chair?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And its just a coincidence that they're all phrasing it EXACTLY the same way?

I went to cnn.com and did a search for "heartbeat" on their political "ticker" page:

“The vice president is a heartbeat away from becoming president,” Boxer said in a statement. “So to choose someone with not one hour's worth of experience on national issues is a dangerous choice.”
    Now, say the Dems, here we have a 72-year-old candidate — the oldest to ever seek the office for the first time — and he has asked someone to be a heartbeat away from the presidency who has no national security experience at all — none, nada.

- Gergen
    "Experience is being taken off the table considering you're putting someone within a heartbeat of the presidency with the thinnest foreign policy experience in history," spokesman Bill Burton said.

Update: Rep. Rahm Emanuel, the 4th ranking House Democrat, said in a statement the choice of Palin "shows political panic."

"Is this really who the Republican Party wants to be one heartbeat away from the Presidency? Given Sarah Palin's lack of experience on every front and on nearly every issue, this Vice Presidential pick doesn't show judgment: it shows political panic," he said.
    That was on only the first page. Its suupose to underscore that McCain is old and Palin is inexperienced.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McCain as said himself he'll only be a 1 term president if elected so will Palin be the presumptive presidential nominee in 2012 should McCain win?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And its just a coincidence that they're all phrasing it EXACTLY the same way?
    1) your quotes all phrased it differently.

2) it's a common saying and has been around for a LONG time. Why wouldn't the phrasing and use be similar?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

lmao. some conservatives probably wish McCain would drop dead and let Palin take over now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1) your quotes all phrased it differently.
    Slap yourself in the face for that one.

2) it's a common saying and has been around for a LONG time. Why wouldn't the phrasing and use be similar?
    Ahh....funny that every single democrat or democratic commentator is choosing to use this statement (heartbeat away).

Youre just kidding yourself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just think he would had been alot safer with a Hucklebee or Romney pick. He either is going to hit a HR with this pick, or strike out.... We will have alot clearer of a picture after a few debates though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Slap yourself in the face for that one.
    You said "EXACTLY" the same, and they all phrased it differently. Just pointing out you seriously misused "EXACTLY".

Ahh....funny that every single democrat or democratic commentator is choosing to use this statement (heartbeat away).

Youre just kidding yourself.
    I didn't say whether I thought it was scripted or not. That's irrelevant. The point is the "heartbeat away" saying has been around the block a time or two before. It's a cliche. It's no surprise the phrasing is similar whether its scripted or not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the comments from the administrators at her alma mater-

Officials at NIC and the U of I issued statements praising Palin’s leadership on Friday, but were unable to find any faculty or staff who remembered more than her face. Palin apparently didn't write for the college paper or work on the TV station, according to Kenton Bird, director of the school of Journalism and Mass Media.

She left light footprints at the University of Idaho,” said Bird.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to Fox News, Palin is a foreign policy expert because Alaska is next to Russia

Is this the best they can do...?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least McCain thought this through and got to know her -

John McCain today announced a running mate who he met only six months ago and who he spoke with just once on the phone about the position before offering it in person earlier this week.

McCain’s first encounter with Sarah Palin came at a Washington meeting of the National Governor’s Association in February, according to a campaign-provided reconstruction of how the little-known Alaska governor was thrust into the national spotlight. The two discussed the position by phone on Sunday before McCain invited her and her husband to Arizona to formally make the offer. McCain, joined by his wife, Cindy, did just that yesterday morning at their home near Sedona, Ariz.

By picking somebody he and most Americans barely know — an out-of-the-blue decision that sent shock waves of disbelief through the political world and still has jaws agape – McCain has taken a considerable gamble.

The choice is historic, yes. Palin becomes only the second woman to run on a major-party ticket and the first Republican woman to do so. But it’s also fraught with risks.

Palin, 44, is less than two years removed from being mayor of Wasilla, Alaska, has no military or foreign policy experience in a time of grave international threat, and has never even appeared a single time on “Meet the Press,” let alone been scrutinized by a voracious and around-the-clock modern media beast.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to Fox News, Palin is a foreign policy expert because Alaska is next to Russia

Is this the best they can do...?

That has single handily got to be the dumbest remark I have ever heard. I hope that moron was joking around....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plain has more relevent experience than Obama. I truly hope experience does become an issue.

Republicans #2 has more experience than the Libs #1. LOL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In less than two years, from this -

to this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plain has more relevent experience than Obama. I truly hope experience does become an issue.
    Yeah, I heard there were important issues discussed in the Wasilla City Hall - how to use the funds from the bake sale; whether to get the volunteer fire fighters new uniforms; whether to add another traffic light, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I heard there were important issues discussed in the Wasilla City Hall - how to use the funds from the bake sale; whether to get the volunteer fire fighters new uniforms; whether to add another traffic light, etc.
    You can be as disingenious as you want. The fact is, if experience becomes an issue Obama loses in a landslide IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can be as disingenious as you want. The fact is, if experience becomes an issue Obama loses in a landslide IMO.
    Right because this ridiculous pick couldn't possibly hurt McCain's campaign.

Another gem -
    I've been so focused on state government, I haven't really focused much on the war in Iraq." - Sarah Palin, March 1st, 2007

"Have to check the film" PixelPusher's Avatar
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Because McCain picked Palin as his VP, he would be disingenuous to continue to make Obama's experience an issue. You and the rest of the right wing howler monkeys and go on and on about Palin's "experience" being govenor for Alaska for 2 minutes, but for the rest of electorate, this is a wash. "Experience" - for whatever it's been worth so far - has been taken off the table from here on out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clearing moose off the streets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In an interview with Time Magazine today, Palin admitted that she didn't know John McCain's Iraq policy

In an interview with Time Magazine today, Gov. Sarah Palin (R-AK), Sen. John McCain’s (R-AZ) running mate, suggested that McCain has yet to share his plan for Iraq with her. Palin, who has not been to Iraq, said she does not know “what the plan is to ever end the war.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Goddamn - and I don't mean this against her personally -- this looks like a terrible choice. Amend that -- tragic choice. What respect I have for McCain, I wonder what the he was thinking.

Thread Information