Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just more marchers Soros paid to march.

LOL At the weak males like Blake who probably cuckplied cuckport for free, though.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Srs

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cleveland Indians absolutely yes, and not necessarily because “Indians” is too offensive. Although the logo probably is. At some point, “Indian” as it refers to Native Americans should be phased out of American culture, common American nomenclature. Not out of racial divide or political correctness, but because it’s born out of a mistake and it’s stupid that it has lasted this long. Columbus believed he was navigating the waves of the Indian Ocean. Mistakenly. Started referring to Natives in the Caribbean and Central and South America as “Indio” and “Indian.” Mistakenly.

Well it wasn’t the Indian Ocean. It wasn’t India. It wasn’t Asia. So why call Native Americans “Indians” for 500 years? It’s not offensive. It’s stupid.

Imagine going to Brazil and every store, restaurant, and home you go to has their AC blasting to a temp of like 60 degrees. You make a comment that these Brazilians must think they’re “Eskimos.” Then for the next 500 years Brazilians are referred to as “South American Eskimos.” Uhhhhhwhat?!

Yes, Cleveland Indians should change the name. Any sports team down to little league and peewee, any business, group, or product referring to Native Americans as “Indians” should change the name. Not because it’s racist. Not because it would be political correct to do so. Not because it would be kind. But because for 500 years it’s been stupid to do so and still is.
    As a conservative I agree with this post. I almost always say "Native American" or at worst, "American Indian". Maybe part of it is that I've worked with actual Indians from India for the past umpteen years. The only time I refer to Native Americans as Indian is when talking about "Indian reservations" because they're almost ubiquitously still called that.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Just more marchers Soros paid to march.

LOL At the weak males like Blake who probably cuckplied cuckport for free, though.
    Imagine being on the wrong end of a culture war blowout, and instead of reassessing your own ty values, you lash out like a pissy sore loser

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    A nation obsessed with skin color. Why not Redskin?

This isn't a case of right or wrong. But instead: enough rich people got involved and want something

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's outdated and they haven't done . The actual Indians have won since the Redskins have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the stupid s tgat meltdown over changing this racist name

I have a vietnamse niga friend whos livid

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    A nation obsessed with skin color. Why not Redskin?

This isn't a case of right or wrong. But instead: enough rich people got involved and want something
    Shut up, .

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    the stupid s tgat meltdown over changing this racist name

I have a vietnamse niga friend whos livid
    "The word hurts my feelings"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No team should be named after a derogatory word for an entire race/ethnic group of people. How about the New Jersey s?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see some native americans who would say that and I respect that tbqh and understand completely

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    No team should be named after a derogatory word for an entire race/ethnic group of people. How about the New Jersey s?
    Sheboygan Polacks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s going to happen. If sponsors start applying pressure, and they are, then the name will be changed. It’s sad that money is the sole motivator for change in many cases but it is what it is.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Polish language has a word for black person "murzyn". From time to time Polaks from the west will debate whether this word should be censored/eliminated

I always had a whatever opinion on the matter. I personally never used the word preferring to just say Polish version of "black"

But after what I've seen over the past 3 months - I will defend the use of the word. The lesson: if you aren't willing to give them everything, then give them nothing. You give these people one inch and they want a mile. Don't show weakness. Don't apologize. The Mob will just become louder and more demanding.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Polish language has a word for black person "murzyn". From time to time Polaks from the west will debate whether this word should be censored/eliminated

I always had a whatever opinion on the matter. I personally never used the word preferring to just say Polish version of "black"

But after what I've seen over the past 3 months - I will defend the use of the word. The lesson: if you aren't willing to give them everything, then give them nothing. You give these people one inch and they want a mile. Don't show weakness. Don't apologize. The Mob will just become louder and more demanding.
    They can keep it, just as long as they pay their own bills.

When you're dependent on sponsors and a whopping 600B figure backing you, you do whatever the they want.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I disagree

Let them do it. Eventually the mob will turn on itself and tear itself appart. Then we can start from scratch again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless you're also cool with names like the Arizona s, New York s, San Francisco Slopes... Redskins have to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    "that Native Americans have long objected to racially offensive"

And it wasn't serious enough until the rich old white guys stepped in?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Keep in mind barbaric amaricans had bounties for dead redskins just up until 400 years ago.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Yeah, we live in a ty world. Bull like this is defended until rich old white guys with billions of dollars are threatened with losing money.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Americans preoccupied with sports teams, waffle syrup, and derogatory terms instead of raising their children

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Americans preoccupied with sports teams, waffle syrup, and derogatory terms instead of raising their children
    You're preoccupied with whining about this.

Thread Information