Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why did the voting laws change?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5 Texas DAs defy Gov. Greg Abbott, won't treat gender affirming care for trans youth as 'child abuse'

District attorneys representing five of Texas' largest counties on Wednesday said they will not treat gender-affirming procedures for transgender youth as "child abuse," defying a push by the state's attorney general and governor to target the medical treatments.

The news comes a day after an order from Gov. Greg Abbott mandated the state's child welfare agency treat gender-affirming procedures as "child abuse," a move with potential legal consequences for both parents of transgender youth and any teacher or other authority figure who interacts with a trans child.

The district attorneys said they believe Gov. Abbott's order — and the legal opinion by Attorney General Ken Paxton on which the order is based — cons ute "an egregious invasion of privacy."
    "We will enforce the Cons ution and will not irrationally and unjustifiably interfere with medical decisions made between children, their parents, and their medical physicians," said district attorneys representing more than 5 million people, including those in the cities of Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, Sugar Land and Corpus Christi.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mother ers have like 80 pounds in those drug bags.

10 seconds.
    Would be better if they were carrying their 11 year-old pregnant daughters so we could get exponential migration through the anchor babies tbh

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Would be better if they were carrying their 11 year-old pregnant daughters so we could get exponential migration through the anchor babies tbh
    that, those s will be voting Republican by the 2nd generation. Texas Hispanics ing suck.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that, those s will be voting Republican by the 2nd generation. Texas Hispanics ing suck.
    Can't blame them when the Dems whole idea to get the Hispanic vote is "we're the party of immigrants" like they give a about that, they're already here

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Can't blame them when the Dems whole idea to get the Hispanic vote is "we're the party of immigrants" like they give a about that, they're already here
    Well yeah unfortunately the Dems aren't going to be less re ed on immigration any time soon, so until then more culturally conservative Hispanics in Texas isn't going to help them.

It's not even just the RGV, Dems had huge losses with Harris County Hispanics in 2020.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5 Texas DAs defy Gov. Greg Abbott, won't treat gender affirming care for trans youth as 'child abuse'

District attorneys representing five of Texas' largest counties on Wednesday said they will not treat gender-affirming procedures for transgender youth as "child abuse," defying a push by the state's attorney general and governor to target the medical treatments.

The news comes a day after an order from Gov. Greg Abbott mandated the state's child welfare agency treat gender-affirming procedures as "child abuse," a move with potential legal consequences for both parents of transgender youth and any teacher or other authority figure who interacts with a trans child.

The district attorneys said they believe Gov. Abbott's order — and the legal opinion by Attorney General Ken Paxton on which the order is based — cons ute "an egregious invasion of privacy."
    "We will enforce the Cons ution and will not irrationally and unjustifiably interfere with medical decisions made between children, their parents, and their medical physicians," said district attorneys representing more than 5 million people, including those in the cities of Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, Sugar Land and Corpus Christi.
    You can beat the rap, but you can't beat the ride.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    50,000 Texans voted for Rick Perry

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By taking your trans kids.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rather buy from Iran or Russia, tbh

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    boomster, crack-a-dawn, Friday, 3.4.2022.

boom!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By taking your trans kids.
    And taking away women's rights.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    boomster, crack-a-dawn, Friday, 3.4.2022.

boom!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas teachers are paid less today than they were in 2010

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas loses appeal against transgender teen's family to treat gender-affirming care as 'child abuse'

A Texas court on Wednesday tossed out the state’s appeal of an order preventing child welfare officials from investigating the parents of a transgender teenager over gender-affirming care.

The Texas 3rd Court of Appeals dismissed Republican Attorney General Ken Paxton’s appeal of the temporary order a judge issued last week halting the investigation by the Department of Family and Protective Services into the parents of the 16-year-old girl.

The court ruled that the judge’s temporary order was not appealable.

The parents sued over the investigation and Republican Gov. Greg Abbott’s order that officials look into reports of such treatments as abuse. The lawsuit marked the first report of parents being investigated following Abbott’s directive and an earlier nonbinding legal opinion by Paxton labeling certain gender-confirming treatments as “child abuse.”

The appeals court’s decision clears the way for the judge to hold a hearing on whether to issue a broader temporary order blocking enforcement of Abbott’s directive.

An attorney for the parents said at a court hearing last week that he has heard of at least two other families facing Department of Family and Protective Services abuse investigations for gender-confirming care. A Dallas-area family said the department is investigating them, The 19th, a nonprofit news organization, reported Wednesday.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...en/9445351002/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's where the money is...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran