Page 28 of 106 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurminator: what would be a serious enough curtailment of rights and personal freedom, in your opinion, to justify angry public manifestations?

Not rhetorical.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Btw, what would be a serious enough curtailment of freedom, in your opinion, to justify angry public manifestations?

Not rhetorical.
    Banning of french fries?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't spend any time with your wife anymore.
    Spartans thought their wives as baby factories too but they had boyfriends when they were out campaigning.

Having this view of women explains the twisted thinking behind many of Chuncko's comments.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurminator: what would be a serious enough curtailment of rights and personal freedom, in your opinion, to justify angry public manifestations?

Not rhetorical.
    I'm not against angry public manifestations. I'm against rallying at a private residence when doing so doesn't achieve any positive end for your side. Again, you are arguing whether or not the demonstrations are righteous or justified. I'm not denying that. I'm saying it doesn't work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Silly me, I thought voting for Dems last time was supposed to prevent this from happening. On the other side, looks like the deranged children are getting exactly what they want.

How many times will people have to vote for Dems -- and by what margin will they have to win -- before this radical, authoritarian bull can begin to be rolled back? Hard to see how acting and talking nicer is going to move the ball, either.
    No one ever said we play by the same rules.

It's a reminder that official acts of violence against the people aren't immune to similar. I think it's a healthy reminder in this case. Republicans are about to repeal equality under the law for half the country.
    Who's the reminder for?

Republicans love this stuff. It doesn't change anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're living in the "should be," not in the what is.

IRL, until these better treatments and procedures are developed, abortion is the appropriate medical treatment.

To take away women's bodily autonomy and access to appropriate medical care because the "should be" does not yet exist is monstrously perverse.
    Your narrative is showing again. I never said anything of the sort.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not against angry public manifestations. I'm against rallying at a private residence when doing so doesn't achieve any positive end for your side. Again, you are arguing whether or not the demonstrations are righteous or justified. I'm not denying that. I'm saying it doesn't work.
    Since Dems are unwilling to use the power the voters gave them to nuke the filibuster or otherwise do good for them without prior permission from the GOP, what in your opinion would be an effective tactic?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since Dems are unwilling to use the power the voters gave them to nuke the filibuster or otherwise do good for them without prior permission from the GOP, what in your opinion would be an effective tactic?
    I'd say posting tweets and obscure stats on random, low traffic sports forums of teams that have been washed up for 5 years or more.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have they arrested the people trying to intimidate the judges yet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have they arrested the people trying to intimidate the judges yet?
    why should they?

what laws have they broken?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd say posting tweets and obscure stats on random, low traffic sports forums of teams that have been washed up for 5 years or more.
    this is a bulletin board, only you would confuse posting here with political activism.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why should they?

what laws have they broken?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better organized demonstrations that attract large crowds, build up voter registries, and don't disuade moderates from the cause.

Not wasting millions and millions of dollars on high profile races they have little chance of winning.

Making any attempt whatsoever to appeal to rural voters and turn 15% Democrat districts into 25% democrat which might help them win more statewide elections.

Complete leadership overhaul instead of continually settling for Pelosi and Schumer.

More time knocking on doors and less time spamming emails and texts for money.

Win more seats.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need to treat all these people exactly how the system treated those on Jan 6.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republican politicians are cowards. Meanwhile the system will do everything possible to destroy the lives of conservatives.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better organized demonstrations that attract large crowds, build up voter registries, and don't disuade moderates from the cause.

Not wasting millions and millions of dollars on high profile races they have little chance of winning.

Making any attempt whatsoever to appeal to rural voters and turn 15% Democrat districts into 25% democrat which might help them win more statewide elections.

Complete leadership overhaul instead of continually settling for Pelosi and Schumer.

More time knocking on doors and less time spamming emails and texts for money.

Win more seats.
    All good stuff, but I don't see the DNC doing any of those things. I also doubt any of that would prevent the GOP from going full fascist in 2024, ins utionalizing permanent minority rule.They're not going to rest content with criminalizing just women and trans folk. , they've already banned talking about civil rights in several states.

Maybe the people need to scare the Dems into doing something for them, genteel parliamentary discourse essentially cedes the battlefield to the remorseless, principle-free, raw power focused GOP.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 05-09-2022 at 11:32 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need to treat all these people exactly how the system treated those on Jan 6.
    what laws were broken?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All good stuff, but I don't see the DNC doing any of those things. I also doubt any of that would prevent the GOP from going full fascist in 2024, ins utionalizing permanent minority rule.They're not going to rest content with criminalizing just women and trans folk. , they've already banned talking about civil rights in several states.

Maybe the people need to scare the Dems into doing something for them, genteel parliamentary discourse essentially cedes the battlefield to the remorseless, principle-free, raw power focused GOP.
    The GOP isn't bound by rules and norms whatsoever. Adhering to decorum and propriety against a scruple-free adversary tends to sacrifice the rights and privileges of the people to that adversary in the name of ethical loftiness.

Puny victory, that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey, you cited a law. Cool, go for it!

Good luck getting an indictment, y'all are gonna need it!

I

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just lock them up for a year in the meantime while we wait.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dumbass conservatives are going to think they can intimidate judges like the leftists. No, you'll get your life ruined.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just lock them up for a year in the meantime while we wait.
    you're wishcasting. chanting and candles outside Kavanaugh's house is hardly equivalent to breaking into the US Capitol during a joint session of Congress to prevent the transfer of power, sacking the building and sending 50 LEs to the hospital.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gathan is such a troll

you need to reinvent yourself and find a new lane bro…this ain’t working for you tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure how to check this math, but if at all accurate, this is a very tall order. The GOP sure didn't get there by playing by the rules, anyone remember the 2003 midstream reapportionment in Texas?

Or the Hofeller REDMAP project?

Or the Supreme Court decision declaring political gerrymanders halal?

https://supreme.justia.com/cases/fed...s/585/16-1161/
    Last edited by Winehole23; 05-10-2022 at 12:28 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which laws have the mob broken with their "peaceful" protests?,,,how about disorderly conduct for starters?,,,trespassing if any of them stepped foot on private property,,,,harrassment would be another. Go up to someones desk and work and start shouting at them over and over again,,,,lets see if the cops dont haul you away,,,,

Thread Information