Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    "Doctor" Jill Biden

Low IQ posters crack me up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Low IQ posters crack me up ccx
    low iq posters not understanding that a doctorate degree is not the same as an MD but still carries the le

guarantee he has a GED at most

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Had the Dems won seats they were projected to win like Iowa, NC and Maine, you'd have the clear majority and one could argue a mandate to do whatever you want legislatively. Honestly, had they won all those and blown up the filibuster, I wouldn't have been that salty about it.

It will be interesting to see if anything of substance actually gets done over the next two years. I could see both sides trying to hold the football and run out the clock hoping for a big 2022 Midterm. They are already going to drag out an impeachment on Trump that will accomplish nothing, which sorta leads me to believe that this is indeed their line of thinking. I think it's a mistake for the right, though, as we are at a disadvantage in the senate midterms this time around.

50-50 even with the VP does not give Dems control of the Senate when McConnell insists on having a measuring contest, Repugs won't give in on the filibuster, and Mountaineer Manchin wears his conservative underoos. This Senate ain't gonna get done no matter how much Biden calls for bipartisanship.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Had the Dems won seats they were projected to win like Iowa, NC and Maine, you'd have the clear majority and one could argue a mandate to do whatever you want legislatively. Honestly, had they won all those and blown up the filibuster, I wouldn't have been that salty about it.

It will be interesting to see if anything of substance actually gets done over the next two years. I could see both sides trying to hold the football and run out the clock hoping for a big 2022 Midterm. They are already going to drag out an impeachment on Trump that will accomplish nothing, which sorta leads me to believe that this is indeed their line of thinking. I think it's a mistake for the right, though, as we are at a disadvantage in the senate midterms this time around.
    If they win those seats they probably don’t win the GA runoffs. At that point you wouldn’t need Manchin but you’d have no room for error beyond that.

What makes you think the GOP is at a disadvantage in 2022?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Tbh if Democrats try to run out the clock for 2022, they might pick up senate seats because the map is favorable, but they’ll get s acked in house races, at which point a senate majority only matters for judges. The Dems only path towards a good 2022 midterm election in both houses is nuking the filibuster and passing aggressive stimulus legislation so the economy recovers quickly. Schumer clearly knows this, Manchin either doesn’t know it or doesn’t care.

Chris Coons coming out in support of nuking the filibuster is huge though, there’s maybe 4 other Dems who defend it as much as he does. It’s likely down to Manchin Sinema and Feinstein, and the latter two will fold if Manchin does. I’ve always been confident Tester would fold, he’s one of the most underrated Dems in the senate.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    If they win those seats they probably don’t win the GA runoffs. At that point you wouldn’t need Manchin but you’d have no room for error beyond that.

What makes you think the GOP is at a disadvantage in 2022?
    They'll likely take the house, but in the Senate we are playing defense in places like NC and PN. And I do not know where AZ is at, if it's now Colorado blue or just going through a phase.

And is Trump going to destroy the GOP with his new Patriot party, killing enthusiasm on the right? If this is aim, hopefully he waits until after the midterms to do it.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    She's still alive?

Tbh if Democrats try to run out the clock for 2022, they might pick up senate seats because the map is favorable, but they’ll get s acked in house races, at which point a senate majority only matters for judges. The Dems only path towards a good 2022 midterm election in both houses is nuking the filibuster and passing aggressive stimulus legislation so the economy recovers quickly. Schumer clearly knows this, Manchin either doesn’t know it or doesn’t care.

Chris Coons coming out in support of nuking the filibuster is huge though, there’s maybe 4 other Dems who defend it as much as he does. It’s likely down to Manchin Sinema and Feinstein, and the latter two will fold if Manchin does. I’ve always been confident Tester would fold, he’s one of the most underrated Dems in the senate.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no mandate equals to getting all branches of government.

I guess conservatives don’t believe in the Vin Diesel motto.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    They'll likely take the house, but in the Senate we are playing defense in places like NC and PN. And I do not know where AZ is at, if it's now Colorado blue or just going through a phase.

And is Trump going to destroy the GOP with his new Patriot party, killing enthusiasm on the right? If this is aim, hopefully he waits until after the midterms to do it.
    Trump is lazy fatass, I wouldn’t be worried about him having the ambition to start his own political party , bigger concern is if he sabotages well liked in bents in their state like Rubio or Portman. Rubio has zero risk of losing to a Dem in 2022 but a re like Matt Gaetz makes it a tougher race.

AZ would be very winnable for the GOP except the AZ Republican Party is off the rails crazy in a state that’s always liked more moderate Republicans more (the chair of the state party is a chemtrails nut ). Nevada is the better comparison for AZ than Colorado is imo.

Warnock will have an uphill battle if he’s running against a country club Republican but similar issue that AZ has the state GOP has gone full Trump despite having a huge suburban population it used to rely on to win elections.

If Jaime Harrison is serious about giong back to Howard Dean’s 50 state strategy and if the Dems don’t let McConnell obstruct, I think they pick up seats in both houses of Congress. The 2nd one is a big if, but I can already tell Harrison/Biden will handle midterms a lot better than Obummer/Wasserman Schultz did.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Her aides are leaking to the press about how far gone she is

They regularly run into a scenario where they brief her on something she needs to know, she forgets the briefing ever happened, and then she yells at her staff for not briefing her

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden signed an executive order Wednesday evening that sets the stage for rolling out transgender protections — a move that critics protested through the hashtag “Biden erased women” Thursday.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After two days of the job, Trash sycophant Michael Ellis, NSA top lawyer (would block any investigations of Trash and mafiay), is placed on administrative leave.

Biden ain't taking no prisoners.

1000s more to go, Joe, flush those Trash/Repugs turds out of govt

Last edited by boutons_deux; 01-22-2021 at 01:28 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the Dept of BigCorp, formerly known as Dept of Labor

On Day One, Biden took out a top anti-worker villain of the Trump era

getting rid of National Labor Relations Board general counsel Peter Robb.

On Inauguration Day, Biden
    requested Robb's resignation, and

when Robb refused,
    Biden fired him.

Robb had 10 months left in his term, but worker advocates felt—and Biden apparently agreed—that

the extreme anti-worker agenda he was bringing to the role was such that 10 months was way too long.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/1/21/2010880/-Biden-has-promised-to-be-a-champion-for-workers-Some-early-signs-suggest-he-means-to-deliver

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden signed an executive order Wednesday evening that sets the stage for rolling out transgender protections — a move that critics protested through the hashtag “Biden erased women” Thursday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In all fairness he probably didnt read most of the stuff he signed (yes same as our previous potus)

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    In the Dept of BigCorp, formerly known as Dept of Labor

On Day One, Biden took out a top anti-worker villain of the Trump era

getting rid of National Labor Relations Board general counsel Peter Robb.

On Inauguration Day, Biden
    requested Robb's resignation, and

when Robb refused,
    Biden fired him.

Robb had 10 months left in his term, but worker advocates felt—and Biden apparently agreed—that

the extreme anti-worker agenda he was bringing to the role was such that 10 months was way too long.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/1/21/2010880/-Biden-has-promised-to-be-a-champion-for-workers-Some-early-signs-suggest-he-means-to-deliver

He still needs the senate in order to accomplish anything of substance, but 48 hours into his term Biden has gone full “ your feelings” to all the Trump holdovers and it’s great to see.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden rolling back Christian/Catholic hate, rolling in USA soft power

Big move for reproductive health:

Biden 'will be revoking the Mexico City Policy in the coming days'

Republican presidents since Ronald Reagan have applied the Mexico City policy, and Democratic ones have revoked it. But, as is so often the case, Donald Trump went further.

Trump’s version of the Mexico City policy applied not only to federal family planning money, but to all U.S. global health assistance.

That means it applied to as much as $10 billion in funding rather than to around $600 million.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/1/21/2010865

Last edited by boutons_deux; 01-22-2021 at 01:46 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump's team fired the White House chief usher right before Biden took office, maybe at Biden's request

When President Biden and first lady Dr. Jill Biden arrived at the White House on Wednesday afternoon,

there was no chief usher to greet them.

He had been fired at about 11:30 a.m., half an hour before Biden was sworn in as president,
    The New York Times reports.

Former first lady Melania Trump had hired the chief usher, Timothy Harleth, from the Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C., in 2017,

after the previous chief usher, Angella Reid, was
    dismissed a few months into Donald Trump's term.

https://theweek.com/speedreads/96256...bidens-request

Angella Reid is Black

Last edited by boutons_deux; 01-22-2021 at 01:53 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden out here trying to get derp’s vote.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many deaths are attributed to Biden now from the China Virus? LMAO

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Calf tats thinking he's making a zinger but really saying nothing at all, per par

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's because he's a weirdo and our culture is diving into the abyss at a record speed due to PC/SJW/Virtue Signaling/Gas Lighting in and out of politics.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    15 down to zero.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More than 10k

Thread Information