Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a single person in Canada will hate him if he leaves after leading them to a le, maybe even just the Finals..

He's a BIG deal here right now..
    Nice job in being clever. Of course they won't hate him if he brings them a le and leaves. However if he comes short of bringing them a le and bolts they will definitely despise him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He won’t be in the finals. I really love this Milwaukee Bucks team. They have all the ingredients to make it to the finals.

And the front office did nothing wrong. What exactly were they supposed to do when this ing asshole quit on the team and demanded to be traded.
    That's why DAF86 is telling us to get on board of this bandwagon ..

I didn't enact the trade and I feel embarrassed by this flagrant heist..I don't care what the cir stances were, players of that pedigree only get moved if, at the very least, a Top 5 pick was involved..

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a single person in Canada will hate him if he leaves after leading them to a le, maybe even just the Finals..

He's a BIG deal here right now..
    I disagree if he loses the finals, gives them that taste and then bounces, they'll probably be indignant. Giving someone hope and then taking it away hurts more then just not giving it to begin with.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice job in being clever. Of course they won't hate him if he brings them a le and leaves. However if he comes short of bring them a le and he bolts they will definitely despise him.
    Most won't despise him..every Raptors fan, even the homer, has been fully aware that this could be just a 1-year rental.. he'll get booed by a few fans, but it won't be anything egregious..

This isn't like the Spurs, where he quit on the team..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What sucked the most was losing Green too, with him the spurs probably pick up a couple of their closer losses. Also somehow not getting siakam was a kick in the nuts. They really did just give him away cause he wanted to leave. Cause a certain person did a certain thing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree if he loses the finals, gives them that taste and then bounces, they'll probably be indignant. Giving someone hope and then taking it away hurts more then just not giving it to begin with.
    I'd be surprised..just reaching the Finals would be huge here..you have to realize that the closest the Raptors fanbase has ever been to the Finals is Vince Carter missing that shot in game 7 (they reached the ECFs with DeRozan/Lowry, but nobody believed that they could beat LeBron that year)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most won't despise him..every Raptors fan, even the homer, has been fully aware that this could be just a 1-year rental.. he'll get booed by a few fans, but it won't be anything egregious..

This isn't like the Spurs, where he quit on the team..
    They are saying all that stuff right now but it's hard for me to believe they won't get emotional if he bolts especially if they were on the verge of contending for a le. I think secretly a lot them believe he will stay. We'll see how they react to him leaving this summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be surprised..just reaching the Finals would be huge here..you have to realize that the closest the Raptors fanbase has ever been to the Finals is Vince Carter missing that shot in game 7 (they reached the ECFs with DeRozan/Lowry, but nobody believed that they could beat LeBron that year)
    Like i said man it's better to not give someone hope then to give them hope. Toronto is seeing something they have never seen before, they have faith they can win, faith in their future. Kawhi leaving Toronto tanks that franchise, almost as much as his leaving tanked the Spurs. They'll be left with nothing and have to overpay FAs because they'll use what they did to Demar as leverage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People here will keep blaming kawhi for wanting to leave instead of pop ruining the franchise...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People here will keep blaming kawhi for wanting to leave instead of pop ruining the franchise...
    Kawhi and Green were misdiagnosed, and wanted to leave. In hindisght, they were right. Sad truth...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi signed a contract, he could have finished his contract and leave instead of being a drama queen and pretending to be injured.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs would probably win about 3 more rings if Kawhi stayed here, especially if you consider that we have 3 young promising guards who are on rookie deals

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi didn't want to stay here so end of story

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    not only was this an awful trade but the spurs chose the wrong time to make a move too...

they should’ve agreed to trade him if it suited up for some games this season. and if he said no? the spurs could’ve still traded him anyways.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    demar is a ing scrub. dude will never live up to his contract. he will never get close.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's why DAF86 is telling us to get on board of this bandwagon ..

I didn't enact the trade and I feel embarrassed by this flagrant heist..I don't care what the cir stances were, players of that pedigree only get moved if, at the very least, a Top 5 pick was involved..
    Well I am sure you recall how ugly things were in the entire second half of that season. I think he was going to refuse to play honestly. And It was going to be a situation where the players Association and the league were going to have to get involved. We all think as is, that he was faking an injury most of the season. I sure do. They had to move him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No need to revisit the trade. Spurs won hands down. Plus Kawhi can still leave this summer for the Clippers or another team.
    No they didn’t

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice job in being clever. Of course they won't hate him if he brings them a le and leaves. However if he comes short of bringing them a le and bolts they will definitely despise him.
    No, they absolutely won't despise him if he leaves. Everyone here knows it's not guaranteed that he'll resign. They have zero reason to despise him if he bolts. He's already given them more excitement than any other player in franchise history in regards to being potential le contenders. He is worshiped here and many have already made peace with the fact he may leave.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well they won’t be in the finals. So he will get a lot of next season when he comes back for a visit. Trust me.
    BS, nobody up here would be mad at him if he left. They're just grateful he's been at MVP level this season and making the Raps a legit threat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still puzzled what were they thinking teaming up these two..
    Now ppl are finally seeing what I've been saying the entire season... I was bashed to for saying this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BS, nobody up here would be mad at him if he left. They're just grateful he's been at MVP level this season and making the Raps a legit threat.
    And WTF are they going to be next season when he bails for LA with zero compensation for the Raptors? Yeah I am sure KD would love to take a FA meeting in Toronto..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team took the best trade available. People keep acting like its ing NBA 2K with the trade reject option off, it's not as simple to get fair value when everyone knows you have to trade a good player that might be damaged goods.

The only other so called good rumored trade was the Clippers offer of Harris and the 2 first round picks for Kawhi. But the key word is "rumored" and the other issue is the Spurs don't want to have to consistently contend with a Kawhi lead team to make the playoffs. Not too mention Tobias Harris has slowly been getting better as a player but not many people would've openly stated he had a decent shot at being an all-star at the half way point of this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And WTF are they going to be next season when he bails for LA with zero compensation for the Raptors? Yeah I am sure KD would love to take a FA meeting in Toronto..
    Ujiri purposely went all in this year alone, tons of salaries off the books this summer and Siakim is one of the most promising young players in the league.

Raps could’ve held onto DeRozan and been perennial playoff losers or go all in with an mvp level talent and see what happens.

Nobody up here would be pissed at all the extra cap space and rebuilding on the fly. They’d all gladly take one year of Kawhi over 5 years of DeRozan

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ujiri purposely went all in this year alone, tons of salaries off the books this summer and Siakim is one of the most promising young players in the league.

Raps could’ve held onto DeRozan and been perennial playoff losers or go all in with an mvp level talent and see what happens.

Nobody up here would be pissed at all the extra cap space and rebuilding on the fly. They’d all gladly take one year of Kawhi over 5 years of DeRozan
    Ujiri's the best GM in the NBA, he'll make the correct moves..this move was genius, not just for getting Kawhi, but also for salary dumping DeRozan without having to deal with the stupidity of homer fans..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't bring myself to hate Kawhi, he's a special player.

I'm glad that I got to see him be an instrumental part in bringing a championship to SA.

Thread Information