San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is nothing to the Clinton Foundation.

It is 100% ok for any government official to accept money from anyone, for any reason.

You Clinton got an exception to ethics rules for one of her staffers to work a consulting gig without having to disclose who the money was coming from? That is ok too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is nothing to the Clinton Foundation.
    Yeah, that's why it's being investigated dummy

It is 100% ok for any government official to accept money from anyone, for any reason.
    Guess you've never heard of bribery. Strike 2

You Clinton got an exception to ethics rules for one of her staffers to work a consulting gig without having to disclose who the money was coming from? That is ok too.
    You're comfortable with lack of transparency as long as it favors your candidate. That double standard Liberal thingy rears its ugly head again. Strike 3 - you're out sucka

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You're comfortable with lack of transparency as long as it favors your candidate. That double standard Liberal thingy rears its ugly head again. Strike 3 - you're out sucka
    Wow, you fell for it. This wasn't baseball, it was boxing.

This is called a rope-a-dope. Every single one of those things was something that the TRUMP administration is doing RIGHT NOW. All I did was simply change "Trump" to "Clinton" and you walked right into it.

Kushner sold out US policy to the UAE over Qatar.
    Pruitt got an exemption for one of his staffers to have secret consulting clients.

It is unacceptable if a Democrat did it, and unacceptable that a Republican did it.

But you have never called out the Trump conflicts of interest. Ever.

Hypocrite.
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 05-03-2018 at 12:44 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    The Justice Department has launched a new inquiry into whether the Clinton Foundation engaged in any pay-to-play politics or other illegal activities while Hillary Clinton served as Secretary of State, law enforcement officials and a witness tells The Hill.

FBI agents from Little Rock, Ark., where the Foundation was started, have taken the lead in the investigation and have interviewed at least one witness in the last month, and law enforcement officials said additional activities are expected in coming weeks.

The officials, who spoke only on condition of anonymity, said the probe is examining whether the Clintons promised or performed any policy favors in return for largesse to their charitable efforts or whether donors made commitments of donations in hopes of securing government outcomes.

The probe may also examine whether any tax-exempt assets were converted for personal or political use and whether the Foundation complied with applicable tax laws, the officials said.

One witness recently interviewed by the FBI described the session to The Hill as "extremely professional and unquestionably thorough" and focused on questions about whether donors to Clinton charitable efforts received any favorable treatment from the Obama administration on a policy decision previously highlighted in media reports.

The witness discussed his interview solely on the grounds of anonymity. He said the agents were from Little Rock and their questions focused on government decisions and discussions of donations to Clinton en ies during the time Hillary Clinton led President Obama's State Department.

The FBI office in Little Rock referred a reporter Thursday to Washington headquarters, where officials declined any official comment.

Nick Merrill, a spokesman for Hillary Clinton, and Craig Minassian, a spokesman for the Foundation, did not immediately return calls or emails seeking comment Thursday evening. But the Foundation and Merrill have previously told The Hill that the Clintons never traded any government policy decisions for donations and that the continued focus on the issue was solely designed as a conservative distraction from President Trump's Russia election probe.

Former Clinton White House aide Bruce Lindsey, who oversees the Foundation, also did not respond immediately to an email seeking comment.

The Wall Street Journal reported late last year that several FBI field offices, including the one in Little Rock, had been collecting information on the Clinton Foundation for more than a year. The report also said there had been pushback to the FBI from the Justice Department.

A renewed law enforcement focus follows a promise to Congress late last year from top Trump Justice Department officials that law enforcement would revisit some of the investigations and legal issues closed during the Obama years that conservatives felt were given short shrift. It also follows months of relentless criticism on Twitter from President Trump, who has repeatedly questioned why no criminal charges were ever filed against the "crooked" Clintons and their fund-raising machine.

For years, news media from the New York Times to The Daily Caller have reported countless stories on donations to the Clinton Foundation or speech fees that closely fell around the time of favorable decisions by Hillary Clinton's State Department. Conservative author Peter Schweizer chronicled the most famous of episodes in a book called Clinton Cash that gave ammunition to conservatives, including Trump, to beat the drum for renewed investigation.

Several GOP members of Congress have recently urged Attorney General Jeff Sessions to appoint a special counsel to look at the myriad of issues surrounding the Clintons. Justice officials sent a letter to Congress in November suggesting some of those issues were being re-examined, but Sessions later testified the appointment of a special prosecutor required a high legal bar that had not yet been met.

Officials also said the Justice Department was re-examining whether there are any unresolved issues from the closed case into Hillary Clinton's transmission of classified information through her personal email server. Former FBI Director James Comey in 2016 concluded Clinton was "extremely careless" in handling that classified information and that there was some evidence of legal violations but he declined to recommend charges on the grounds that he could not improve Clinton and her top aides intended to break the law.

His decision was roundly criticized by Republicans, and recent revelations that his statement was watered down by edits and that he made the decision before all witness interviews were finished have led to renewed criticism.

A senior law enforcement official said Justice was exploring whether any issues from that probe should be re-opened but cautioned the effort was not at the stage of a full investigation.

One challenge for any Clinton-era investigation is that the statute of limitations on most federal felonies is five years and Clinton left office in early 2013.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...mpression=true
    hmm i guess pay to play good now with cohen

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No updates on this in four months?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    No updates on this in four months?
    lol

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gosh how is it that people this obsessed with potential quid pro quo scandals of a losing Presidential candidate aren't even more obsessed with evidence of the same from the winning and current President? So weird. The Cohen stuff should be like honey to flies for these clowns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sessions doesn't leak. No 'HQ Special' this time boys.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    the original story ITT was a leak.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Chris' team down 24-0 with 2 minutes left in the game. It's 4th and 30. QB Chris drops back for a pass, gets spun around and throws it out his own endzone. Safety. Still claims victory.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Menu is choice of chicken, fish, infant sacrifice or vegan infant sacrifice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Menu is choice of chicken, fish, infant sacrifice or vegan infant sacrifice.
    ...and you think the McCain meme is offensive

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ...and you think the McCain meme is offensive
    McCain actually has cancer.

Infant sacrifice is your fantasy.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    still giving a about that loser.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Chris, this isn't healthy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris, this isn't healthy.
    The truth hurts.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    oh the ing irony

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but but but... lock her up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [Randomguy states a bunch of unethical shady Trump was doing, but changed it to say Hillary was doing it]

Chris declaring everything that Trump admin was doing to be bad.

Forgot about this one. heh

Thread Information