Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bandwagon hater
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs obviously promised LMA the 4 spot, meaning Duncan is going to man the 5 spot most of the time.... They will obviously switch it up from time to time depending on match ups, but Duncan will be playing the 5 spot most of the time.

This is a concern for the Spurs.... Duncan is almost 40 and has lost a lot of weight to up his game at the 4 spot. LMA is better at those mid-long range jumpers than Duncan.

My concern is how well Duncan is going to do against the bigger centers of the NBA with his current weight. We may see, for the first time, Duncan coming off the bench in the 4 spot while LMA starts with another big manning the 5 spot.

It's going to be an interesting season watching how Pop manages the lineups this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    duncan will do fine playing 5

the league is so weak today from a talent pov at the frontline, that has extended duncans career cause those guys have no fundamentals or anything bball related skills

just tall thats about it...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many centers in the West will actually be too big for Duncan?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    duncan will do fine playing 5

the league is so weak today from a talent pov at the frontline, that has extended duncans career cause those guys have no fundamentals or anything bball related skills

just tall thats about it...
    Pretty much. Duncan is still an elite big in today's game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My concern is how well Duncan is going to do against the bigger centers of the NBA with his current weight. We may see, for the first time, Duncan coming off the bench in the 4 spot while LMA starts with another big manning the 5 spot
    Duncan's been playing center for a while now. Where the have you been?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bet Pop will troll LMA listing him as the center.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He may visit Tony's home a bit more and eat with him, so he'll soon gain the weight back imho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs obviously promised LMA the 4 spot, meaning Duncan is going to man the 5 spot most of the time.... They will obviously switch it up from time to time depending on match ups, but Duncan will be playing the 5 spot most of the time.

This is a concern for the Spurs.... Duncan is almost 40 and has lost a lot of weight to up his game at the 4 spot. LMA is better at those mid-long range jumpers than Duncan.

My concern is how well Duncan is going to do against the bigger centers of the NBA with his current weight. We may see, for the first time, Duncan coming off the bench in the 4 spot while LMA starts with another big manning the 5 spot.

It's going to be an interesting season watching how Pop manages the lineups this year.
    This is the excuse you pussies have been masking for years. Goofey is 7ft, 250. If his sorry ass cant guard the likes of Howard, Gasol, Hibbert, Chandler, and Jordan then he should quit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pit Duncan on the bench. Can you imagine Duncan coming in vs the opponents scrubs

ing brutal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan at C has been what the Spurs been doing the last 5 years or so.

The biggest concern I have is the lack of lateral quickness at the PF/C spots. I am not sure how the Spurs will be able to defend simple pick and rolls at this point. If Parker is playing, a pick and roll with the man checked by Parker and Aldridge would be an automatic two points.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Duncan at C has been what the Spurs been doing the last 5 years or so.
    I'll just bet he has.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well this got fixed real quick.

West is the answer.

Him and Duncan at the 5. That gives Duncan a lot of time to rest.

Spurs are ing stacked. Holy .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The awkward thing is that Duncan/Aldridge are the only 7-footers in the rotation, and they'll both be starting. (I'm assuming that Bonner and Ayres are not regular rotation players.) Diaw and West are both 6-9 guys and will both be coming off the bench. This means our starting unit will be big and the bench will be small.

However, I would expect a lot of mixing and matching of starters and bench players. First, West/Diaw will come in when Duncan goes to the bench in the 1st quarter. Presumably Aldridge would stay in the game longer. Then when he goes to the bench, the other of West/Diaw will enter. This small lineup might stay on the floor for a few minutes, until it's time for Duncan to come back into the game. If balanced correctly, the Spurs can avoid being small for most of the game.

At least that's how I do it in NBA 2K.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There aren't really any Cs out there that are going to be a big problem for the Spurs. Traditional Cs are pretty outdated in today's league, don't see much of an issue going forward tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe Tim can bulk up eating with Tony.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Don't understand why they sign West tbh. Obviously a beefy C is more preferable for them Spurs so Tim and LMA would spend more time at PF, but with West in Spurs big man rotation, Duncan and LMA would have to share the minutes at C which is an awkward position for West (knowing that Baynes and Splitter are both gone). On the offensive end they're formidable of course, but defense will be something they need to worry about and hope Pop can use his genius to sort it out.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    He may visit Tony's home a bit more and eat with him, so he'll soon gain the weight back imho.
    Maybe Tim can bulk up eating with Tony.
    co-signed.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Don't understand why they sign West tbh. Obviously a beefy C is more preferable for them Spurs so Tim and LMA would spend more time at PF, but with West in Spurs big man rotation, Duncan and LMA would have to share the minutes at C which is an awkward position for West (knowing that Baynes and Splitter are both gone). On the offensive end they're formidable of course, but defense will be something they need to worry about and hope Pop can use his genius to sort it out.
    You never have too much talent, especially a virgin, driven talent like West. It's the perfect fit you'd die for coming in not the back, shrouded in drugs & violence on a police blotter but the front door begging you to employ him for virtually nothing but per diem. You put a choker chain on him, then hold him back until November, then set him inside the wooden ring, drop the burlap sack of rats and release the chain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You never have too much talent, especially a virgin, driven talent like West. It's the perfect fit you'd die for coming in not the back, shrouded in drugs & violence on a police blotter but the front door begging you to employ him for virtually nothing but per diem. You put a choker chain on him, then hold him back until November, then set him inside the wooden ring, drop the burlap sack of rats and release the chain.
    Dale

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Didn't known David West is also a virgin tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Didn't known David West is also a virgin tbh.
    He hasn't been touched by ring/LOB.

My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    They're going to all over everyone next year. That's all there is to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would love to be a fly on the wall in a coach's meeting-the possibilities are endless. Exciting year for the Spurs.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Spurs are gonna have problems defensively with LMA and West on the floor together though the offense will light it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lots going on in this post. You'd be an intriguing person to meet if you weren't so ing dark three quarters of the time.

A brilliant mind you have Dale, but it's dark.

Thread Information