Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dude was desperately needing some G-league action. He looks much more poised and in control on offense now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it's a matter of him being an atrocious shooter, it's just more about your second idea: he's taking awful shots. A lot of off the bounce 3's. Once his shot selection improves, his % will go up.
    His form is... okay. He needs to straighten up and build a better base, plus he flicks it more than actually shoots it. But it's not terrible form.

But those shooting percentages aren't just awful shot selection. That's a big part of it, though. Again I wonder what the coaching staff is thinking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His form is... okay. He needs to straighten up and build a better base, plus he flicks it more than actually shoots it. But it's not terrible form.

But those shooting percentages aren't just awful shot selection. That's a big part of it, though. Again I wonder what the coaching staff is thinking.
    He has always been an above average jump shooter even at this early age. His shot will be fine, imho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'd say it's part of his development. Let em shoot. He's already an effective rebounder, shot blocker, and assist guy-- the last part of him becoming an all round threat is the development of his jump shot.
    George Hill's shooting in his first Summer League was so bad that Pop wondered if they'd made a mistake picking him, and that was at age 22 after four years of college. A decade later, he led the entire NBA in 3pt%. Pokusevski is playing in the NBA at age 19, after one season as the youngest player on a second tier Euro team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd say it's part of his development. Let em shoot. He's already an effective rebounder, shot blocker, and assist guy-- the last part of him becoming an all round threat is the development of his jump shot.
    George Hill's shooting in his first Summer League was so bad that Pop wondered if they'd made a mistake picking him, and that was at age 22 after four years of college. A decade later, he led the entire NBA in 3pt%. Pokusevski is playing in the NBA at age 19, after one season as the youngest player on a second tier Euro team.
    "Let him shoot" isn't a great philosophy when he's so poor at it. You've got to actually, you know, coach and fix things.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he has the work ethic and he does, i know a lot about him being from Greece and all. He can be an above average starter in two or three years. I dont see star but a very good contributor that can show flashes of s om in certain games. Of course it all depends on the situation he's in, coaching stuff, people that influence him. We'll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His shooting form reminds me so much of Ryan Anderson. He looks like he is going to be heck of a player. Looks like Presti and Methlahoma got another good one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look at all that swagger in some of those moves. The game is starting to slow down for him and you can tell he's getting more and more comfortable.

Remember folks, this is suppossed to be a 3 years prospect. The youngest player in the league. Also younger than any guy in the upcoming draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we had drafted this guy we would at least have the hope of maaaybe having drafted a franchise level player right now (regardless of whether or not those lofty expectations become a reality or not).
    Last edited by DAF86; 03-30-2021 at 01:57 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we had drafted this guy we would at least have the hope of maaaybe having drafted a franchise level player right now (regardless of whether or not those lofty expectations become a reality or not).
    Pretty much. He's got a lot of game. Some physical development and he could be a viable #1 option. That's why I thought we should draft him. We are going to go into this draft looking for a #1 level option again. Unless we really get lucky with the lottery, we are going to have to start taking more chances with our drafting to get that guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Waaay ahead of schedule. In theory, at his age, he should be playing his first full season with the Olympiacos A Team, getting acclimated to playing Euro pros that aren't teenagers, or finishing up his freshman season in college.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he can stay healthy he will be the steal of that draft hands down

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if the draft were redone today, he'd no doubt be picked ahead of the formerly "most NBA ready/will contribute immediately" Obi Toppin, who is looking like the biggest bust in the lottery so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA Central
    @TheNBACentral

Aleksej Pokusevski tonight:

25 points
    9 rebounds
    4 assists
    9/14 FG
    7/11 3PT

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if the draft were redone today, he'd no doubt be picked ahead of the formerly "most NBA ready/will contribute immediately" Obi Toppin, who is looking like the biggest bust in the lottery so far.
    He would be picked top 5, if not top 3.

In 4 of the last 5 games: 21, 20, 19 and 25.

A 3 years prospect.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This scrub isn’t even the best rookie on his team. He’s putting up empty stats on a mediocre team like Michael Carter Williams used to on the “Process” Sixers.

OKC’s last 8 games:
    L (-9) vs MEM
    L (-17) vs BOS
    L (-21) vs DAL
    W (+10) vs TOR ... He was DNP
    L (-37) @ PHX
    L (-48) @ POR
    L (-24) vs DET
    L (-11) vs CHA

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Instead of sucking this historically inefficient bum dry, y’all need to start talking about how Presti did a- ing-gain.... he found the next French steal of the draft just like he did with Parker in 2001. Tony’s protege.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What team does Theo play for?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What team does Theo play for?
    Are you asking this because of the previous post and if that is the case can you not look at his jersey to tell?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prest found another1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Instead of sucking this historically inefficient bum dry, y’all need to start talking about how Presti did a- ing-gain.... he found the next French steal of the draft just like he did with Parker in 2001. Tony’s protege.

Maledon, being on the same rebuilding team, has similar +/- numbers... funny how you conveniently left those out!

4/5: -26
    4/3: -46
    4/2: -26
    3/31: -1
    3/29: -26
    3/27: -16
    3/24: -17

You can't argue that Pokusevski puts up "empty stats" and then offer up Maledon as some kind of alternative.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude has a long way to go, and I think all these figures are misleading. Dude gets to take a ton of shots.

but one thing that has stood out to me is his passing/vision. That seems pretty special already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude has a long way to go, and I think all these figures are misleading. Dude gets to take a ton of shots.

but one thing that has stood out to me is his passing/vision. That seems pretty special already.
    It's hard to argue with the Spurs draft results. Given the inexact science behind this, I'm a little worried they may have whiffed this past year.
    I said in another thread, I'm a little underwhelmed with Vassell,
    It's way too early to tell of course and I realize I'm in the minority

Thread Information