Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jan. 19 - 0/5 from the field, 16 undeserved minutes
    Current FG% - 39.4%

I'll ing say it too. Belinelli is better than this charity case. Beli at least has NBA size, knows how to move without the ball, knows how to use screens, has good pump fakes. He's a fringe NBA player but at least he doesn't belong in the Filipino league like this piece of Brent.
    how low does that % have to drop for Pop to stop starting him?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should just cut him. Why even waste the energy trying to trade him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should just cut him. Why even waste the energy trying to trade him.
    Pop wants him re-signed. He's going nowhere.

Tim to Tony to Manu! bdictjames's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryn should be on the 3rd team, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a depressing team. Not even a single young prospect to provide hope(and even if they had one, Pop wouldn't play him as much as he should), while not even being a .500 team
    Are you dumb? Walker IV, Murray & White?

They aren't "elite" prospects but that is a given having drafted all three between 17th - 29th selection. Also, Walker IV has the highest ceiling and could conceivably become an all - star (if he really hits his stride).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All hail Bryn! All hail Bryn!

The worst was watching Joe Harris abuse him against the Nets.
    No, the worst was seeing Dillon Brooks obliterate him twice in games the team needed to win.

I'm tired of seeing him in the starting lineup or even in the rotation. The guy is a 10th man at best and a towel waver at worst. Can't understand how such a limited upside, small, unathletic player has once again found himself entrenched in the Spurs rotation? Bonner, Blair (once his knees gave out), Neal and now this guy.

SMDH
    Last edited by J_Paco; 01-19-2020 at 11:39 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was surprised he only played 16 minutes. Still 16 minutes too much tbh, but hopefully his minutes continue to decrease.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm surprised by Osborn asking him about how many people want him benched and about his 'defensive liabilities.' An especially bad day for Forbes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm surprised by Osborn asking him about how many people want him benched and about his 'defensive liabilities.' An especially bad day for Forbes.
    Osborn is gonna pay for that. Pop don't like for his pets to be disparaged, or for himself to be questioned - even indirectly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Osborn is gonna pay for that. Pop don't like for his pets to be disparaged, or for himself to be questioned - even indirectly.
    Yes I don't live in or daily follow local San Antonio sports media but isn't this the 1st time anyone has questioned Lord Poppy in over a decade?
    The one dude who did got forced out by tator.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jay Howard did a weekly show with Pop, some say they were buddies and socialized. Well at least Jay thought so. He and Pop got in a dispute on the show and the NEXT week. HE WAS OUT.

He is the guy who called the Spurs 1999 Chip Run and was Dam good.

I'm thinking it was a case of When you get into prison you kicked the biggest guys ass in the Yard so nobody else messes with you. Jay was that guy at that time because Dan Cook was on the 18th hole of his career. Everybody in the local media took note and Pop has been untouchable ever since.
    Good job! Thanks for pulling that up and sharing it here! You are right. Seems clear enough to me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was Kevin O'Keefe who got canned for crossing Pop, allegedly. I think it was an opinion column on how they should have kept Vinny Del Negro and he was bounced. That loss of coverage cred could also have cost him the easy money side gig of writing the Spurs previews in each year's Sporting News (or it might have been Street and Smith)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was surprised he only played 16 minutes. Still 16 minutes too much tbh, but hopefully his minutes continue to decrease.
    he was in foul trouble. He will play 28 minutes in the next game again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just an all-around awful basketball player. Smh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can’t handle Poop and his midgets any longer just fire him he just doesn’t give a anymore

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope,

O'Keeffe wrote ant talked about Pop from Bob Hills firing in 1997 until 1999. Jay Howard and Pop got Into Live on AIR where Pop Left the show in the middle. A week later he was gone. Why? Because at the time Clear Channel had a vested interest in the Spurs as % owners. Express news is and was a Hearst Corporation Paper and Pop has no pull with them at all.

O'Keeffe went into Politics with Senator John Cornyn and I took his resignation as a, "well it this asshole won the championship this Sports " except O'Keeffe was SUPER righteous, moral and religious. Which is why he hated Pop who pretends to be. He would have never used language like that.

Go look for an article that says that O'Keeffe was "forced out"... not there. It Never was written.
    Thanks for the insight TheDrewShow, as well as your historical posts recently. I knew of only periphery information from this era from tidbits read here and SpursReport before.
    Seems the House of Popovich does have an unseemly stench previously concealed by the on-court successes (thank you TD and Manu btw). I believe he would've done very well in the political arena had he chose that path.

As for this thread topic, Bryn Forbes is Popovich's magnum opus as he exits the profession. I know us online fans are a small subset and the most vocal, but I have to believe the greater fanbase will soon come to experience similar disapproval of the HOFer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but but the spacing

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't you bad mouth Bryn!!! He is our savior!

All hail Bryn! All hail Bryn!!!!
    How bout now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warning: Disaster Zone

This thread laid waste by Hurricane Forbes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jan. 20 - 8/13 from the field, 33 minutes
    Current FG% - 40.1%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    33 mins? Fck! Timvp better give pop an F!

Thread Information