Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember kids,,,,Jordan recruited Rodman to the Bulls and they got their 2nd 3peat. Rodman didnt lobby to go the Bulls,,,,and you want to know how stupid the Spurs were,,,,they traded Rodman for Will Perdue,,,,,LMAO!!!!! Rodman has a repeat and a three peat on his resume to go along with 7 rebounding les and 2 defensive player of the year awrds,,,,you really want to tell me Manu has that resume?,,,,,give me a break.
    Even though Rodman is such a liability on offense, it's still close, but if I was looking to compete for/win a Championship, I'd take Manu every time. I know he'll compete and give it 100% every game. Can't say the same about Rodman.

And out of all the Championship teams Rodman has been on, how high up in the pecking order was he? Manu's been the second best player on multiple championship teams and arguably had a couple of playoffs where he's been close to TD at certain points as the best player in the Championship run. I don't care about regular season numbers and stats. Manu has proved it in the playoffs. Two biggest snubs in the top 50 & top 75 were Dominque and Manu, both should have been there.
    Last edited by Ice009; 02-21-2022 at 02:04 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember kids,,,,Jordan recruited Rodman to the Bulls and they got their 2nd 3peat. Rodman didnt lobby to go the Bulls,,,,and you want to know how stupid the Spurs were,,,,they traded Rodman for Will Perdue,,,,,LMAO!!!!! Rodman has a repeat and a three peat on his resume to go along with 7 rebounding les and 2 defensive player of the year awrds,,,,you really want to tell me Manu has that resume?,,,,,give me a break.
    Manu has a better resume. 4 NBA championships, an Euroleague and a Gold medal. All-stars, all-NBAs, euro MVPs, should have won finals MVP, and even got MVP votes for the regular season. When was the last time Rodman was in the discussion for MVP of anything?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAO,,,,look at this Einstein,,,by your philosophy you wouldnt build a team around Lawrence Taylor since he cant throw touchdowns and he has an at ude,,,,,bwahahaha. Again tell me when Manu has the kind of accolades Rodman has,,,,this is such an easy argument for me to win,,,,
    What does Lawrence Taylor have to do with anything?

This is the NBA. When was the last time an offensive challenged player led a team to a championship? Or even the playoffs?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even though Rodman is such a liability on offense, it's close, but if I was looking to compete for/win a Championship, I'd take Manu every time. I know he'll compete and give it 100% every game. Can't say the same about Rodman.
    Rodman was one of the fiercest compe ors on defense ever. Dude was on defense what an all star player like Curry is on offense. Manu is a poor mans 2 way guard. Rodman was 2nd to none in his prime when it came to rebounding and defense and he has the awards to prove it,,,,Manu?,,,,not so much.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does Lawrence Taylor have to do with anything?

This is the NBA. When was the last time an offensive challenged player led a team to a championship? Or even the playoffs?
    You telling me defense doesnt win championships?,,,,,LMAO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You telling me defense doesnt win championships?,,,,,LMAO.
    No, I'm telling you offensive challenged players, like Rodman, can't lead an NBA team to a championship.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lets go ahead and put Rodmans Hall of Fame paragraph in the thread here and let me know when Manu gets in,,,,,

Dennis Rodman

Loud. Flamboyant. Brash. Brilliant. While Dennis Rodman was both celebrated and hated for his tattoos, colorful hair, and bad boy at ude, there was no denying the greatness of a man that controlled games just by controlling the boards. The six-foot-eight-inch forward led the NBA in rebounds per game for a record-setting seven consecutive seasons from 1991 to 1998. A two-time Defensive Player of the Year and seven-time All-Defensive First Team honoree, Rodman loved doing the dirty work that is crucial to a team's success. "The Worm" won his first NBA championship in 1989 with the Detroit Pistons. The following year Rodman was the league's best defender and he helped the Pistons capture a second consecutive ring. In 1995, after a short stint with the San Antonio Spurs, Rodman landed in Chicago where he teamed with fellow Hall of Famers Scottie Pippen and Michael Jordan to bring the Windy City three les in three years. A three-time All-America at Southeastern Oklahoma State, Rodman led the NAIA in rebounding his junior and senior seasons.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rodman was one of the fiercest compe ors on defense ever. Dude was on defense what an all star player like Curry is on offense. Manu is a poor mans 2 way guard. Rodman was 2nd to none in his prime when it came to rebounding and defense and he has the awards to prove it,,,,Manu?,,,,not so much.
    Unforunately I went through it first hand in 1995 playoffs and I can tell you Rodman was not good on defense. Sorry, can't agree with you. If people want to trash D-Rob for that one series against Hakeem, I can sure as trash Rodman for his "awesome competiveness on defense" in the playoffs with the Spurs. In comparison D-Rob was much, much better despite being on for that series than Rodman was at the one thing he was supposed to be good at.

What is the highest Rodman ever was in the pecking order of a Championship team? Has he ever been in the top 5? I obviously know he's not an offensive player, but put him on another team that wasn't stacked with go-to players, how far do you think that team would get? Does Tony Allen make your team a Championship team if he were to be in your top 3 players (I'm using examples of defensive players that have won championships that aren't great on offense)? Does Ben Wallace? Does Rodman? If any of those guys were in your top 3 options, you're not likely to win a ring. A prime Manu does/has done it. The one time Rodman was a top 3 player on a team (I'd say he was the 3rd best player on the '95 Spurs), he was ing horrendous in that role and bombed out big time.
    Last edited by Ice009; 02-21-2022 at 06:22 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let’s not forget that Larry Bird is a terrible father

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unforunately I went through it first hand in 1994 playoffs and I can tell you Rodman was not good on defense. Sorry, can't agree with you. If people want to trash D-Rob for that one series against Hakeem, I can sure as trash Rodman for his "awesome competiveness on defense" in the playoffs with the Spurs. In comparison D-Rob was much, much better depsite being on for that series than Rodman was at the one thing he was supposed to be good at.

What is the highest Rodman ever was in the pecking order of a Championship team? Has he ever been in the top 5? I obviously know he's not an offensive player, but put him on another team that wasn't stacked with go-to players, how far do you think that team would get? Does Tony Allen make your team a Championship team if he were to be in your top 3 players (I'm using examples of defensive players that have won championships that aren't great on offense)? Does Ben Wallace? Does Rodman? If any of those guys were in your top 3 options, you're not likely to win a ring. A prime Manu does/has done it.

I agree with you while he was with the Spurs 100%,,,,I watched it all. Its why the Spurs traded him to the Bulls for pennies on the dollar for Will Perdue and Jordan and Pippen jumped for joy to get him and they won a 3 peat once he arrived. Rodman hated being here because Robinson was so soft,,,,remember that? He kept trying time and time again to make David a player he wasnt,,,,a brawler. he wanted David to have a killer instinct like MJ,,,,Kobe,,,,Duncan,,,,ect. Robinson just didnt have it in his nature,,,,Rodman shutdown and said get me outta here,,,,he knew he couldnt win les with Robinson as the man and he was right,,,,he had already won 2 les back to back with the Bad Boy Pistons and then was traded to the very physical East where he thrived again and won a 3 peat. San Antonio was a horrible fit for him,,,,to nice and to soft at the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte has that aura that he belongs with the rest of the stars, which is good. He is not rattled with the experience and exploded with a 17 points as someone coming from the bench. He had that pass between the legs, and Vince Carter passed to himself off the backboard. He is an entertainer and someone other players like. We might see other players coming to SA because of him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with you while he was with the Spurs 100%,,,,I watched it all. Its why the Spurs traded him to the Bulls for pennies on the dollar for Will Perdue and Jordan and Pippen jumped for joy to get him and they won a 3 peat once he arrived. Rodman hated being here because Robinson was so soft,,,,remember that? He kept trying time and time again to make David a player he wasnt,,,,a brawler. he wanted David to have a killer instinct like MJ,,,,Kobe,,,,Duncan,,,,ect. Robinson just didnt have it in his nature,,,,Rodman shutdown and said get me outta here,,,,he knew he couldnt win les with Robinson as the man and he was right,,,,he had already won 2 les back to back with the Bad Boy Pistons and then was traded to the very physical East where he thrived again and won a 3 peat. San Antonio was a horrible fit for him,,,,to nice and to soft at the time.
    BS, the Spurs weren’t just good enough it has nothing to do with toughness

Coach Cotton (RIP) and Barkley also said narrative was BS

Nobody is winning a le with AJ and Del Negro lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nice that Dejounte did not embarass himself at the ASG ... but just looking at his highlights tells me how bad the ASG is nowadays ...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BS, the Spurs weren’t just good enough it has nothing to do with toughness

Coach Cotton (RIP) and Barkley also said narrative was BS

Nobody is winning a le with AJ and Del Negro lol
    Do you mean with Rodman playing at this best, these guys are saying the Spurs still wouldn't have won?

How far do you think they could have gone if you switch out Rodman with another PF and put in a prime Manu instead of Vinny? You think that team could have done better than the '95 Spurs with Rodman?

nice that Dejounte did not embarass himself at the ASG ... but just looking at his highlights tells me how bad the ASG is nowadays ...
    These all-star games are horrendous. I used to love watching them when I was younger with MJ (only saw his last few), TD, Kobe, Shaq, T-Mac, D-Rob, Hakeem (only saw one of his last ones), Allen Iverson, Vince Carter, KG, Dirk, Webber - I've probably missed a few great players, but the point being, those games were a lot more exciting to me.
    Last edited by Ice009; 02-21-2022 at 06:21 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah there's a problem when you select the best players in the NBA to play the single worst basketball game of the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It begins…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It begins…
    Haha alot different than a Poodle Push LOL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5x is a lot for someone who isn't AS starting material. I haven't watched Lollard this year. Is he legitimately injured or they just tanking?
    He is legitimately injured. I think he is out for the year. But Portland is on the way down and he’s going to ask for a trade at some point. The problem is that I don’t think any contenders have any draft picks left. But Lillard has played like this year. He is part of the problem for Portland. If he really wants to win he needs to play less like Iverson and more like Gary Payton.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As far as I remember, Dennis had a problem with Hill not DRob. He might not have believed Dave had killer instinct, but the team won 60 games and had tough veteran players surrounding a top 2 player in the world. If Rodman bailed on his mentality that they could win, that says more about Dennis I believe than DRob.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As far as I remember, Dennis had a problem with Hill not DRob. He might not have believed Dave had killer instinct, but the team won 60 games and had tough veteran players surrounding a top 2 player in the world. If Rodman bailed on his mentality that they could win, that says more about Dennis I believe than DRob.
    David Robinson is by far my favourite player of all time but I’m pretty sure Rodman has been on record as saying he didn’t think he could win with Robinson. That duo was never going to see eye to eye. Rodman certainly quit on the Spurs on more than one occasion but San Antonio simply was not the right place for Rodman to thrive. Will Perdue was actually an important part to the 99 chip providing 20mins a night and 6 fouls on Shaq but damn we gave him away for nothing.

The top 75 list is always going to be debatable but Rodman certainly is worthy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Loving the Dennis “Wilt Chamberlain” Rodman v “Manu is a scrub” analysis in here, lol. Not saying it was one at the expense of the other (Rodman, like Draymond today, are transformative defensive players), but Manu got robbed on the 75 list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "These ASG today are terrible"

Ok grandpas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you mean with Rodman playing at this best, these guys are saying the Spurs still wouldn't have won?

How far do you think they could have gone if you switch out Rodman with another PF and put in a prime Manu instead of Vinny? You think that team could have done better than the '95 Spurs with Rodman?
    If Rodman and Hill didn't clash in the WCF maybe we would have won the West
    Just maybe; the reason Dream dominated D rob was because you couldn't double team him everytime, he had a bunch of clutch shooters around him
    Between the Spurs backcourt and Sean getting cold feet, it was a no brainer to gang up on David

To answer your question I think we win the West for sure with Manu instead of Vinny and Rodman, but do we beat Orlando? I don't know tbh, it's 50/50

Looking back at the pre-Duncan Spurs, I think those teams were not as good as their regular season records indicated

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte has that aura that he belongs with the rest of the stars, which is good. He is not rattled with the experience and exploded with a 17 points as someone coming from the bench. He had that pass between the legs, and Vince Carter passed to himself off the backboard. He is an entertainer and someone other players like. We might see other players coming to SA because of him.
    Young gun has some swag, that's for sure.

I said it earlier in this thread...but guys like Parker, Manu, and even SA Kawhi just aren't built for the All-Star game. They'd just kinda go out there, do what they normally do, score a few points and go home. They definitely deserved the recognition in their good seasons, but they aren't the type to go and show out like that.

This was probably the most entertaining Spurs performance in an All-Star game since Duncan in 2000...Also shout-out to 2003 which was the best All-Star game ever IMO (Duncan 19/15/4, Jordan's last ASG and almost had the game-winner in OT before Kobe got fouled to send it to 2OT)

Thread Information