Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless we KILL IT in the draft & offseason, this team is bound to get slapped in the first round and have mid first picks for years to come. We need a talent injection, so I hope the drafting mojo comes back, or we're screwed.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless we KILL IT in the draft & offseason, this team is bound to get slapped in the first round and have mid first picks for years to come. We need a talent injection, so I hope the drafting mojo comes back, or we're screwed.
    How will they kill it? Drop off in talent at 9 compared with the top 6 or 7.

They will need to make a smart trade but that is out of recent character for the Spurs to make a trade on draft night.

They tend to be very cautious and conservative regarding trades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have to think Magic with #1 means there is a growing chance Mo Bamba is no longer in their long term plans.

Also, Pistons falling out of top 3 means they are more likely to be interested in Ayton and have the resources to get him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have to think Magic with #1 means there is a growing chance Mo Bamba is no longer in their long term plans.

Also, Pistons falling out of top 3 means they are more likely to be interested in Ayton and have the resources to get him.
    Jonathan Isaac is probably moving as well..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd forgotten that Chet and Jalen Suggs were high school teammates. Could Orlando try their own version of the Cleveland
    experiment-- going extra tall in the front court with Jarrett Allen, Mobley, & Markkanen-- by pairing Chet with Jonathan Isaac and Franz Wagner?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jonathan Isaac is probably moving as well..
    He hasn’t played in 2 years. Tough contract to move plus he can play both 4 and the 5 when healthy so I think he stays at least till he shows he can play again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ayton moving on for sure, but I doubt that’s to the Spurs so I’ll let that thought go. Most likely landing place is the Pistons….
    https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2022/05/...-contract.htmlhe’s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no idea what betonline is basing their odds on. personally, i don't want ayton but i have no idea as to whether or not the spurs would take a flyer on him. i also don't know who the spurs would send back if the suns insisted on a sign and trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no idea what betonline is basing their odds on. personally, i don't want ayton but i have no idea as to whether or not the spurs would take a flyer on him. i also don't know who the spurs would send back if the suns insisted on a sign and trade.
    I’m not a proponent of an S&T for Ayton but my idea of market value is some combo of Jak, JRich, Vassell and draft capital. Suns probably want cap relief in the process.

Hard fking pass. Detroit has a fetish for over priced traditional bigs. Let Phoenix fleece them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not a proponent of an S&T for Ayton but my idea of market value is some combo of Jak, JRich, Vassell and draft capital. Suns probably want cap relief in the process.

Hard fking pass. Detroit has a fetish for over priced traditional bigs. Let Phoenix fleece them.
    yeah, that'd be way too much for Ayton but not too unrealistic a demand. hard pass, indeed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ayton will be a pacer. Mark it down in sharpie.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd forgotten that Chet and Jalen Suggs were high school teammates. Could Orlando try their own version of the Cleveland
    experiment-- going extra tall in the front court with Jarrett Allen, Mobley, & Markkanen-- by pairing Chet with Jonathan Isaac and Franz Wagner?
    You forgot Carter Jr, who's probably their best player and the exact type of big who'd pair well with Holmgren.

Whether they go Holmgren or Smith to slide in between Carter Jr. and Wagner up front, with Okeke off the bench, Isaac's days are probably numbered.

Given his bizarre MAGA allegiance and his not playing in nearly 2 years, he'll be a difficult move despite being the second most desirable modern archetype.

He hasn’t played in 2 years. Tough contract to move plus he can play both 4 and the 5 when healthy so I think he stays at least till he shows he can play again.
    If they go Smith, they might retain Bamba. If they go Holmgren, I don't see it.

More of a 4/3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You forgot Carter Jr, who's probably their best player and the exact type of big who'd pair well with Holmgren.

Whether they go Holmgren or Smith to slide in between Carter Jr. and Wagner up front, with Okeke off the bench, Isaac's days are probably numbered.

Given his bizarre MAGA allegiance and his not playing in nearly 2 years, he'll be a difficult move despite being the second most desirable modern archetype.

More of a 4/3.
    It is silly of us to even speculate as the Magic are easily as hopeless as the Kings if not worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe they will. John Hammond, their GM, was that of the Bucks when they drafted Giannis in 2013. Lengthy anomalies seem to be his thing...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

More of a 4/3.
    He's a MAGA guy? I guess I missed that one...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a MAGA guy? I guess I missed that one...
    Conservative and anti vaxx. Wrote a book en led “Why I Stand”

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Conservative and anti vaxx. Wrote a book en led “Why I Stand”
    I knew the anti-vax part...didn't realize he was a conservative though...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I knew the anti-vax part...didn't realize he was a conservative though...
    Haven’t read the book or even the Coles notes but my understanding is Orlando was a tad annoyed with him when he was outspoken. Don’t think it realistically precludes him from us being interested but he definitely has some hair on him at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny. I was wondering if the Spurs could absorb Gordon Hayward's contract and what they might get for doing so, but then he's pretty right-wing, too, following Candace Owens on Twitter and other stuff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny. I was wondering if the Spurs could absorb Gordon Hayward's contract and what they might get for doing so, but then he's pretty right-wing, too, following Candace Owens on Twitter and other stuff.
    Lol I think the Spurs are okay with players having their political views so long as it’s professional. Hayward’s deal is steep but healthy (big if) he is still a pretty good 2way player and might make sense for a playoff team. For us I’d want atleast an FRP and them to take McDougie to even consider it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

let them have him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gordon hayward's body is less stable than any of his political views could ever be. the spurs don't need to invest in someone who is guaranteed to miss significant time during the season.
    Last edited by rjv; 05-19-2022 at 10:39 AM.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol I think the Spurs are okay with players having their political views so long as it’s professional. Hayward’s deal is steep but healthy (big if) he is still a pretty good 2way player and might make sense for a playoff team. For us I’d want atleast an FRP and them to take McDougie to even consider it.
    I agree. I have no problem with conservatives or liberals. Its the extremists ala maga that are a problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do not want Isaac, Bamba, Hayward, or any other guy that can't stay on the court. This team will never develop if one of its primary acquisitions can't stay on the court.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. I have no problem with conservatives or liberals. Its the extremists ala maga that are a problem.
    Same with me but can’t stand the ANTIFA crazy peeps

Thread Information