Page 84 of 491 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 12267
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who knows. Toronto's weather is horrible right now. Cold af...Some hypothermina can happen...
    one can hope.... one can hope

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Def they would lose many games vs playoffs teams without him. Lowry 2-8 Siakam 3-8 Danny 2-9 Fred 2-7 OG 2-8...vs Philly.
    This exact team with DeRozan and Poeltl (and a rookie Siakam), instead of Kawhi and Green (and a future all-star Siakam) won 60 games last season. Anyone trying to say that this Raptors' supporting cast is garbage is a monumental got that would like to lick Kawhi's balls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This exact team with DeRozan and Poeltl (and a rookie Siakam), instead of Kawhi and Green (and a future all-star Siakam) won 60 games last season. Anyone trying to say that this Raptors' supporting cast is garbage is a monumental got that would like to lick Kawhi's balls.
    If you want to take it further, they carried derozan's Kobe like empty stats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Statistics don't change the fact that Nephew (and his "group") quit on the Spurs Organization, his teammates, the season ticket holders, the fan base in general. He goldbricked an entire season with the idea he would be in LA this year. That got delayed.

I don't think this guy was seriously injured at all. If Pop could no longer trust Nephew after he stole $18MM from the Spurs last year, it would be very difficult to reward that behavior with over $200MM. The Spurs got 2 years of service on what was essentially a 4 year $75MM contract.

This year is really proving that Nephew and his handlers are Grifters and liars to the core. Nephew could average 50 points a game this year - he is still a rotten human being based on his actions last year - PERIOD. The production simply does not matter when you are trying to determine a person's integrity and character (or lack thereof). I am certain Nephew would have not shown up for camp if SA tried to retain the services they contractually agreed to in 2015.

Notice that Philadelphia's Medical Staff (yes the one Nephew shopped for) blew it on Fultz's shoulder injury for over a year. Imagine that. Perhaps that doctor "misdiagnosed" other things as well.

Nephew has a chronic knee issue that is nothing more than pain management. He will have some kind of physical problem again this year at some point and he will protect himself again. Just be ready for it Great White North. In the end, he will turn his back on you and disappoint you too.
    Last edited by Harry Callahan; 12-06-2018 at 12:25 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Statistics don't change the fact that Nephew (and his "group") quit on the Spurs Organization, his teammates, the season ticket holders, the fan base in general. He goldbricked an entire season with the idea he would be in LA this year. That got delayed.

I don't think this guy was seriously injured at all. If Pop could no longer trust Nephew after he stole $18MM from the Spurs last year, it would be very difficult to reward that behavior with over $200MM. The Spurs got 2 years of service on what is essentially a 4 year contract.

This year is really proving that Nephew and his handlers are Grifters and liars to the core. Nephew could average 50 points a game this year - he is still a rotten human being based on his actions last year - PERIOD. The production simply does not matter when you are trying to determine a person's integrity and character (or lack thereof).

Notice that Philadelphia's Medical Staff (yes the one Nephew shopped for) blew it on Fultz's shoulder injury for over a year. Imagine that. Perhaps that doctor "misdiagnosed" other things as well.
    Character is overrated. Look at Dennis Rodman, Draymond, the 1980s pistons. I want championships. Should have signed him to the max and worked it out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Odds of him staying in Toronto, in spite of the success they're having? I'd say less than 5%. The only way he stays is if they win the le and even then it's not a guarantee. All these Toronto fans who are embracing him will be joining hands with Spurs fans to sing the Kawhi blues next summer.

With some of Durant's recent comments about free agency, and those comments being somewhat negative towards Lebron, I wouldn't be surprised to see him and Kawhi landing with the Clippers next season.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    If you want to take it further, they carried derozan's Kobe like empty stats.
    Truthbomb. Ever since Kyle Anderson took his talents to Memphis, you seem to be posting with a much clearer head.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Character is overrated. Look at Dennis Rodman, Draymond, the 1980s pistons. I want championships. Should have signed him to the max and worked it out.
    I hope you are joking by bringing up Rodman. You do remember the Spurs had a Western Conference Finals team that Rodman sabotaged in 1995 - a team that actually had a realistic chance to win the NBA finals? Geez, some people on this site are really not that sharp sometimes.

If Nephew already quit on you when he received lifetime financial security from the contract you agreed to, what guaranty do you have he won't pull the same crap again with a Max Contract. The agent change to the football guy that works out his truck in 2016 was the beginning of the end. Money cannot always buy loyalty or create character. The Spurs did not trust this guy anymore after last year.
    Last edited by Harry Callahan; 12-06-2018 at 01:39 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I hope you are joking by bringing up Rodman. You do remember the Spurs had a Western Conference Finals team that Rodman sabotaged in 1995 - a team that actually had a realistic chance to win the NBA finals? Geez, some people on this site are really not that sharp sometimes.

If Nephew already quit on you when he received lifetime financial security from the contract you agreed to, what guaranty do you have he won't pull the same crap again with a Max Contract. The agent change to the football guy that works out his truck in 2016 was the beginning of the end. Money cannot alway buy loyalty or create character. The Spurs did not trust this guy anymore after last year.
    Just because someone isn’t Tim Duncan or David Robinson doesn’t mean they can’t be reached. Phil Jackson worked with Dennis Rodman and Ron Artest of all people and made them key contributors on championship teams. Good coaches and organizations don’t pussy out when working with difficult players—Kawhi being no exception.

The spurs didn’t trust Kawhi last year and guess what? Now they are below .500 and paying the price. Sometimes, you have to have the balls to take a risk on greatness.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Until this thread and people move in and accept Kiwi is gone and who cares what he is doing, you will be stuck in the past and butt hurt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Truth bomb. And that's been my line of thinking all along. Although I think it was more of one person rather than the entire coaching staff. If kawhi felt that they took the other persons side instead of come to his defense then that's all it took for him to want out.
    You mean that french piece of Porker. Or could be just coincidence that Barry was brought on board too after Tony's leadership display

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HWoodNixon,

You can't take a risk a greatness if someone does not want to play on your team. Does that make any sense?

A Supermax this summer would have been a horrible decision for the franchise. He has chronic knee issues and is very reluctant to play if he is not feeling "right".

If I had a crystal ball and knew you could get 4-5 good years out of Nephew, then the $200MM might have worked. Problem is, that contract affects all the other moves you make. This team could not win the Western Conference with KL and LMA along with a pretty good supporting cast prior to this year.

By the way, you do know that Rodman quit on the Spurs as well. Were you even born or following the Spurs in 1995? Probably not.
    Last edited by Harry Callahan; 12-06-2018 at 01:41 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After MJ, Lebron is the best player in NBA history. So Kawhi's not in that level? WHO CARES since no one other player could match it for decades.

But Kawhi is a legit top 3-5 player. If you don't get how great/important this is...I can't help.

Kawhi was 23 years old in 2015 vs Pels vs Clippers... I have to remember you how many bad playoffs games LeBron had at the same age???
    So Kawhi was good enough to be FMVP, but then after sucking he was just 23 years old?
    Lebron took his team to the Finals by that age, also he never had TD or Ginobili to cover his ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean that french piece of Porker. Or could be just coincidence that Barry was brought on board too after Tony's leadership display
    Can’t remember, what is Brent’s position in the front office again? Assistant GM?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Kawhi was good enough to be FMVP, but then after sucking he was just 23 years old?
    Lebron took his team to the Finals by that age, also he never had TD or Ginobili to cover his ass.
    thats who u have to compare him to...arguably the best player ever...lol...and lebron stunk in the finals

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't think this guy was seriously injured at all. If Pop could no longer trust Nephew after he stole $18MM from the Spurs last year, it would be very difficult to reward that behavior with over $200MM. The Spurs got 2 years of service on what was essentially a 4 year $75MM contract.

This year is really proving that Nephew and his handlers are Grifters and liars to the core. Nephew could average 50 points a game this year - he is still a rotten human being based on his actions last year - PERIOD. The production simply does not matter when you are trying to determine a person's integrity and character (or lack thereof). I am certain Nephew would have not shown up for camp if SA tried to retain the services they contractually agreed to in 2015.

Nephew has a chronic knee issue that is nothing more than pain management. He will have some kind of physical problem again this year at some point and he will protect himself again. Just be ready for it Great White North. In the end, he will turn his back on you and disappoint you too.
    so kawhi was faking it when he played those 9 games? he was playing horribly on purpose, to the point where our own staff decided to shut him down (as many on ehre were saying they should do) because he was clearly injured? our doctors lied when they said they were in agreement with what the other doctors were showing them about kawhi's quad? THATS why kawhi left...ppl like u saying he is faking...i would leave too...im playing my ass off for old s who think im lying about an injury

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad how many "fans" refuse to let the quitter go.

Not surprising in this country right now.

People are still supporting a traitor to his country as president.

Spurs "fans" still supporting a quitter who betrayed his team. A quitter who cried "I only want to play for L.A.!"

A MALINGERING traitor got mute.

But as long as he can play - you Spurs "fans" will be more than ready to support the guy who quit on a franchise, a city and its real fans.

Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can’t remember, what is Brent’s position in the front office again? Assistant GM?
    I think he's VP of basketball ops.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Until this thread and people move in and accept Kiwi is gone and who cares what he is doing, you will be stuck in the past and butt hurt.
    Don't expect fans to move on any time soon. Only cure to the butt hurt is the team succeeding and it doesn't look like that'll happen this year. Or if he does go to LA then it'll be the resignation that he'd go to LA regardless. If he stays in Toronto or goes to a non-LA team then the what ifs will continue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thats who u have to compare him to...arguably the best player ever...lol...and lebron stunk in the finals
    Lebron only stunk in game 1, his team mates were skunks and people forgets how close game 3 and 4 were.

Kawhi will never be at that level, he is good but not the reason why Toronto is having a good RS.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Truth bomb. And that's been my line of thinking all along. Although I think it was more of one person rather than the entire coaching staff. If kawhi felt that they took the other persons side instead of come to his defense then that's all it took for him to want out.
    In other words: Porker ran him offPERIOD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In other words: Porker ran him offPERIOD
    Tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think it has anything to do with medical staff/injury. Uncle Dennis simply said “Kawhi, we’re going back to LA no matter what.”

he’a either a Laker or Clippers next season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Good post. I don't believe anyone cares if a player wants to go home or try something new. However taking $19 million to sit out an entire season and then demand a trade is another thing altogether, as it's trying to do as much damage to a team and its fans as possible.

Thread Information