Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Twitter’s Servers Burst Into Flames After Attempting to Fact-Check All of Trump’s Tweets

SAN FRANCISCO —Servers belonging to the social-media platform Twitter burst into flames on Thursday, after the company attempted to fact-check all of Donald Trump’s tweets.

“We knew that fact-checking Trump’s tweets was going to put a strain on our system,” Jack Dorsey, the C.E.O. of Twitter, said.

“We had no idea that it would result in columns of fire shooting forty feet into the air.”

Reportedly, an explosion in the server fact-checking Trump’s tweets about Joe Scarborough ignited a blaze

that quickly spread to a server furiously vetting his tweets about Barack Obama.

Fire trucks rushed to Twitter headquarters to extinguish the inferno,

which San Francisco officials called the largest fact-checking-related fire incident in the city’s history.

While no one was injured in the conflagration,

Dorsey quietly shelved plans to fact-check all of Donald Trump, Jr.,’s tweets.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/twitters-servers-burst-into-flames-after-attempting-to-fact-check-all-of-trumps-tweets

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Had these "fact checkers" been in place 4 years ago would you stupid s still have fallen for Russiagate?

”yes goddamnit - and hillary would be in prison for kiddie rape amongst those pizza dungeon perverts!”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump is signing an executive order to stop Facebook, Twitter and other social media giants from doing so much censorship. I have not read the details but if the executive order is as Trump makes it out to be - to combat censorship - then I'm on board with president Trump's executive order.

Spurtacular, Chumpettes are triggered by the executive order and don't feel protected anymore

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump is signing an executive order to stop Facebook, Twitter and other social media giants from doing so much censorship. I have not read the details but if the executive order is as Trump makes it out to be - to combat censorship - then I'm on board with president Trump's executive order.

Spurtacular, Chumpettes are triggered by the executive order and don't feel protected anymore
    Of course YouTube bots like you are on board.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Conspiracy people are all frothy with this decision coming down. Now they are thinking they can post all kinds of unsubstantiated bull and not get it taken down. It's false hope though...this will go to court and get killed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Conspiracy people are all frothy with this decision coming down. Now they are thinking they can post all kinds of unsubstantiated bull and not get it taken down. It's false hope though...this will go to court and get killed.
    Both Trump and Barr will be dead by the time this is done litigating, imo... with or without re-election.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if there's going to be an argument for liability as a publisher on the basis that they are acting as an editorial, then that liability should be limited to those instances (ie the fact checks themselves)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except on Fox "news" to be hashed and rehashed and repeated endlessly as breathless proof of victimhood.

"why can't we lie without consequence"?
    You mean like a man calling himself a woman and demanding others do as well?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol red herring from right field

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus Christ, dude.

No, like a President of the United States with no respect for truth.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Eight. :rofl

How the Case for Voter Fraud Was Tested — and Utterly Failed
    https://www.propublica.org/article/k...d-kansas-trial
    Trump’s concern about mail-in ballots is completely legitimate

Really? In 2012, before mail-in voting became a partisan political litmus test, the New York Times published an article led “Error and Fraud at Issue as Absentee Voting Rises.” The piece noted that “there is a bipartisan consensus that voting by mail … is more easily abused than other forms,” and that “votes cast by mail are less likely to be counted, more likely to be compromised and more likely to be contested than those cast in a voting booth.” A bipartisan Commission on Federal Election Reform, chaired by former president Jimmy Carter and former secretary of state James A. Baker III, concluded in 2005 that “absentee ballots remain the largest source of potential voter fraud” and that “vote buying schemes are far more difficult to detect when citizens vote by mail.” Carter and Baker also pointed out that citizens who vote at nursing homes “are more susceptible to pressure, overt and subtle, or to intimidation.” In Florida, there is even a name for this: “granny farming.”

No one questions that mail-in ballots have much higher rates of not being counted. A Massachusetts Ins ute of Technology study found that in the 2008 presidential election, 7.6 million of 35.5 million mail-in ballots requested were not counted because they never reached voters or were rejected for irregularities. That is a failure rate of more than 21 percent. In 2008, it did not matter because the election was not particularly close and mail-in ballots only accounted for a fraction of votes cast. But imagine the impact that would have in a close election in which mail-in voting is tried on a massive scale.

If mail-in ballots are adopted widely for the 2020 election, mass failures would be inevitable because about half the states have either no or extremely limited vote-by-mail options, and thus lack the experience or infrastructure for sending out, receiving or securing millions of mail-in ballots. We’d be conducting an experiment of unprecedented scale right in the middle of one of the most contentious elections in U.S. history.

Moreover, there is a huge difference between sending ballots to a small number of citizens who request them and requiring that they be mailed to every registered voter, as Democrats are demanding. Under the Democrats’ plan, ballots would inevitably be sent to wrong addresses or inactive voters, putting millions of blank ballots into circulation — an invitation for fraud. Add to that the danger of what Democrats call “community ballot collection” (a.k.a. “ballot harvesting”) where campaign workers collect absentee ballots in bulk and deliver them to election officials, and you have a recipe for disaster.

Democrats are already expressing concern that Trump may not accept the results if he loses. So why would they give him an excuse to do so? Maybe because Democrats don’t believe they can win without mail-in voting. During a pandemic, only the most motivated voters are going to show up at the polls, and Democrats have a massive enthusiasm gap with Trump. A March Post-ABC News poll found that just 24 percent of Biden supporters said they were “very” enthusiastic about supporting him, which is “the lowest [level of enthusiasm] on record for a Democratic presidential candidate in 20 years of ABC/Post polls.” By contrast, more than twice as many Trump’s supporters — 53 percent — are “very” enthusiastic about supporting him. While Trump voters would walk over broken glass to get him reelected, Democrats are terrified their voters won’t get out of bed to vote for former vice president Joe Biden. Solution? Let them vote from their beds.

That could backfire. Democrats are concerned about African American turnout because covid-19 has hit the black community especially hard. But using mail-in votes may not work out the way they hoped. One recent study found that in 2018, “black voters across Georgia’s 159 counties are disproportionately more likely to have their [absentee] ballots rejected than white voters.” If mail-in voting is attempted on a massive scale in 2020, and large numbers of African American votes are not counted, it may be Democrats who are crying fraud and claiming a violation of the Voting Rights Act. If that happens, Democrats will regret going on record insisting mail-in voting is perfectly safe.

Eight years ago, the Times declared that “the flaws of absentee voting raise questions about the most elementary promises of democracy.” Now that Trump is raising those same questions, the publication says doing so is illegitimate. It was right the first time.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...ly-legitimate/

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except on Fox "news" to be hashed and rehashed and repeated endlessly as breathless proof of victimhood.

"why can't we lie without consequence"?
    You mean like when you said sweden was locked down?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A republican oped piece stating that Trump has a legitimate gripe about mail in voting?

No way!

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    A republican oped piece stating that Trump has a legitimate gripe about mail in voting?

No way!
    In 2012, before mail-in voting became a partisan political litmus test, the New York Times published an article led “Error and Fraud at Issue as Absentee Voting Rises.” The piece noted that “there is a bipartisan consensus that voting by mail … is more easily abused than other forms,” and that “votes cast by mail are less likely to be counted, more likely to be compromised and more likely to be contested than those cast in a voting booth.” A bipartisan Commission on Federal Election Reform, chaired by former president Jimmy Carter and former secretary of state James A. Baker III, concluded in 2005 that “absentee ballots remain the largest source of potential voter fraud” and that “vote buying schemes are far more difficult to detect when citizens vote by mail.”

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesnt matter if you or anyone else thinks it’s bull . Let the people vet it. Only YOU should decide for yourself what is “fake news”. YouTube doesn’t claim to be Webster’s and to click on any the videos without discernment is asking for it. Your idea seems to suggest that it’s okay for the government to remove whatever they deem incorrect? How blindly trusting can you be? It sounds great until it’s your voice that gets silenced.

You are right though, people can be gullible. Sometimes they might hear or read something that sounds convincing and be lead down the wrong path. Too bad you didn’t get that kind of protection.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cuckbot likes his censorship and corporate media driven narratives.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Trump getting out of Afghanistan, too. Deep state really hates that he's undoing so much of their work.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No way!
    As opposed to your democrat op eds?

Cuck making nothing points again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesnt matter if you or anyone else thinks it’s bull . Let the people vet it. Only YOU should decide for yourself what is “fake news”. YouTube doesn’t claim to be Webster’s and to click on any the videos without discernment is asking for it. Your idea seems to suggest that it’s okay for the government to remove whatever they deem incorrect? How blindly trusting can you be? It sounds great until it’s your voice that gets silenced.

You are right though, people can be gullible. Sometimes they might hear or read something that sounds convincing and be lead down the wrong path. Too bad you didn’t get that kind of protection.
    ehhh, Twitter didn't remove the post. People can go and read the post it as many times as they want, and still make up their own mind. If anything, it's providing a counter view, which is nothing but more information, which is actually great.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In 2012, before mail-in voting became a partisan political litmus test, the New York Times published an article led “Error and Fraud at Issue as Absentee Voting Rises.” The piece noted that “there is a bipartisan consensus that voting by mail … is more easily abused than other forms,” and that “votes cast by mail are less likely to be counted, more likely to be compromised and more likely to be contested than those cast in a voting booth.” A bipartisan Commission on Federal Election Reform, chaired by former president Jimmy Carter and former secretary of state James A. Baker III, concluded in 2005 that “absentee ballots remain the largest source of potential voter fraud” and that “vote buying schemes are far more difficult to detect when citizens vote by mail.”
    NYT
    Blake getting dunked on.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And no surprise that Democrats are trying to seize the opportunity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's that NY Times article:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/07/u...elections.html

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WASHINGTON—President Trump signed an executive order on Thursday seeking to limit the broad legal protection that federal law currently provides to social-media and other online platforms, a move that is expected to draw immediate court challenges.
    The order seeks to make it easier for federal regulators to hold companies such as Twitter Inc. TWTR -4.45% and Facebook Inc. FB -1.61% liable if they are deemed to be unfairly curbing users’ speech by, for example, suspending their accounts or deleting their posts.
    Mr. Trump signed the order after Twitter on Tuesday moved for the first time to apply a fact-checking notice to tweets by the president on the subject of voter fraud.
    Muh private companies

Chumpettes

Thread Information