My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wife and i are getting tested today

i'm fairly confident we have food poisoning or some stomach bug, but obviously better safe than not. most of our symptoms are digestive, not respiratory

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Biden's plan was grifting and now having a bigger death count than Trump had on his watch and in 1 ing year. Too bad Biden isn't one of those dead.
    the fact that you actually think this is a valid sensible point is so...... you

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anecdotal but I've known more people get sick - Covid, cold, whatever over the last 1-2 weeks all at once more than ever before in my life. Most of it COVID. Most of 'em vaxxed. Mostly mild. Next 1-2 weeks are gonna suck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im in central florida nigs and its like a different planet. Huge crowds in small restaurants, bars, lines, rooms. 30% only wearing masks and those are probably tourists from up north.

Crazy . I do ar a mask these days but Ill be shocked if I didnt catch mild Omicron tbqh

Ce la vi

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

i'm fairly confident we have food poisoning or some stomach bug, but obviously better safe than not. most of our symptoms are digestive, not respiratory
    I think SnakeBoy had a confirmed case with mostly digestive symptoms if I remember right. I might have had it with ugly digestive symptoms too but tests were impossible to get at the time so I don't know for myself.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anecdotal but I've known more people get sick - Covid, cold, whatever over the last 1-2 weeks all at once more than ever before in my life. Most of it COVID. Most of 'em vaxxed. Mostly mild. Next 1-2 weeks are gonna suck.
    My guess is the omicron wave will last until Feb, maybe even late Feb, pretty much like delta a year ago.

Retirees getting ed with a hike in Medicare payments primarily due to the pandemic and some Andulem scam,

and now mainly due to the Trash pandemic of the unvaccinated.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Experts say COVID-19 cases don't tell whole story

“If you have many, many, many more people with a less level of severity, that might kind of neutralize the positive effect of having less severity when you have so many more people,” he said during an appearance on ABC’s “This Week.”

“Omicron in a way is the first test of what it means to live with COVID-19,”

Many states have been seeing staggering numbers of positive tests and lines for COVID-19 testing that stretch for several blocks.

Washington, D.C., and New York state have set records in recent days for the number of new cases reported as omicron barrels through the population.

we still have tens of millions of unvaccinated people and we’re seeing hospitalizations rise,”

“We can't live our lives in a bubble to prevent us from getting a pathogen that's so contagious that you can't avoid it if you're going to be circulating and living a life in this world,” he continued.

“What it means to transition to a normal life or more normal life is you have to focus not so much on preventing cases, but on preventing hospitalizations and deaths.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/587405-experts-say-covid-19-cases-dont-tell-whole-story

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anger over mask mandates, other covid rules, spurs states to curb power of public health officials

Republican lawmakers pass laws to restrict the power of health authorities to require masks, promote vaccinations and take other steps to protect the public health.

“We’ve not been able to put in place the policy that would protect our community,”

These laws — the work of Republican legislators —

inhibit health officers’ ability to require masks,

promote vaccinations or

take other steps,

such as closing or limiting the number of patrons in restaurants, bars and other indoor public settings.

Often, the measures shift those decisions from health experts to elected officials at a time when such coronavirus-fighting strategies have become politically radioactive.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...aws-restricted

Repug voters are ing ignorant, stupid, easily gulled. Repug pols cater to their suicidal insanity. Politics over health and life.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For USA

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    My guess is the omicron wave will last until Feb, maybe even late Feb, pretty much like delta a year ago.

Retirees getting ed with a hike in Medicare payments primarily due to the pandemic and some Andulem scam,

and now mainly due to the Trash pandemic of the unvaccinated.
    Only 20% of the population is fully vaxxed, bouts.

Chop/chop!!!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Anger over mask mandates, other covid rules, spurs states to curb power of public health officials

Republican lawmakers pass laws to restrict the power of health authorities to require masks, promote vaccinations and take other steps to protect the public health.

“We’ve not been able to put in place the policy that would protect our community,”

These laws — the work of Republican legislators —

inhibit health officers’ ability to require masks,

promote vaccinations or

take other steps,

such as closing or limiting the number of patrons in restaurants, bars and other indoor public settings.

Often, the measures shift those decisions from health experts to elected officials at a time when such coronavirus-fighting strategies have become politically radioactive.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...aws-restricted

Repug voters are ing ignorant, stupid, easily gulled. Repug pols cater to their suicidal insanity. Politics over health and life.

You started the Politics 2 years ago come next week.

Your regrets are your own.
    I've no sympathy for you.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think SnakeBoy had a confirmed case with mostly digestive symptoms if I remember right. I might have had it with ugly digestive symptoms too but tests were impossible to get at the time so I don't know for myself.
    Yes. Was digestive only in 10-15% of cases with the OG virus. I haven't heard anything about that with the variants. Seems like that went away when the D614G variant hit NY and then took over. It was nothing like food poisoning or a typical stomach bug for me though.

I heard norovirus is getting an early start this year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    About 20 Apple stores are now closed as the Omicron variant surges.

Apple said on Monday that about 20 of its retail stores were closed because of a wave of Covid-19 cases among employees that had left the stores unsafe and understaffed.

A handful of stores in Washington State also closed because of storms, the company said.

Some of the stores had been closed as a precautionary measure to protect employees and customers from being infected;

others were closed because not enough healthy employees were available to remain open.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/27/b...es-closed.html

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    About 20 Apple stores are now closed as the Omicron variant surges.

Apple said on Monday that about 20 of its retail stores were closed because of a wave of Covid-19 cases among employees that had left the stores unsafe and understaffed.

A handful of stores in Washington State also closed because of storms, the company said.

Some of the stores had been closed as a precautionary measure to protect employees and customers from being infected;

others were closed because not enough healthy employees were available to remain open.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/27/b...es-closed.html
    But, it isn't March of 20, eh, bouts? Cept now they have to be afraid of the blacks and the looting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. Was digestive only in 10-15% of cases with the OG virus. I haven't heard anything about that with the variants. Seems like that went away when the D614G variant hit NY and then took over. It was nothing like food poisoning or a typical stomach bug for me though.

I heard norovirus is getting an early start this year.
    we both came back negative. probably some generic stomach bug or food poisoning

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I called it, me...

CNN right now...

Travel nightmare: 2,000
    flights canceled today

So, what is MF Biden gonna do about it? "We'll just shorten the down time for COVID from 10 days to 5 days. They'll have to come back to work."

Wanna bet?
    CDC shortens recommended Covid-19 isolation and quarantine time
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...cid=uxbndlbing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by DarrinS; 12-27-2021 at 07:59 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CDC shortens recommended Covid-19 isolation and quarantine time
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...cid=uxbndlbing
    "We wouldn't want to unduly burden your boss"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we both came back negative. probably some generic stomach bug or food poisoning
    Could be both if you ate a stomach bug that had turned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fauci pretty much said as much on CNN

Thread Information