Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the end of the day, taking a knee is not conveying the message that was intended and is actually causing the opposite effect. Time to change the message to one that is agreeable so we can get back to the issue at hand which is brutality by police, and protecting the public. Otherwise, it is just a pissing contest where mostly everyone forgets the original issue.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “He cared about his country enough to fix some things that were obvious”. What did Kaepernick fix?
    he risked his career to try and bring attention to social issues - namely police misconduct against people of color

he brought attention but the trump racist cult of course got triggered when trump gaslit the country by falsely making the issue about disrespecting the flag

the guy that stood on a podium and pledged allegiance to Russia questioned black citizens patriotism

and your racism caused you to follow and support the traitor

and denounce the black American patriot

truth

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are different points of view - I get that. Pop calling anyone who disagrees with him "ignorant" is in itself an ignorant thing for him to do. It's a long way from "This is what I believe" to that kind of rhetoric. Name calling in that cir stance is a pretty stupid choice for someone who believes he is so wise. He's as guilty of fanning the flames as anyone else.

And, no, Kaepernick didn't "sacrifice his career" with the kneeling protest. He sacrificed his career by being an ineffective quarterback. Pop wants to perpetuate the idea that this is the 60's and Kapernick's protest was the equivalent of the Selma march, and that the mean ol' NFL kicked him out of his career. But the fact is, he played a whole NFL season after he first took a knee, and had a QB RTG under 50 and his team was 1-10 with him as a starter. The year before they were 2-6 with him as a starter, and he had a QB RTG of 43.

The "sacrifice" narrative is a myth that helps a certain type of person with their white guilt, but it totally ignores the fact that Kaepernick was on his way out before he ever took a knee, and his play in 2016 was the coup de gras. I don't give a if he wants to protest, but he played himself out of a job. He would have done well to focus on getting better, just like Pop would do well to focus on getting this thin team ready instead of holding up the ghost of Colin Kaepernick as "proof" of the boogey-man.
    +1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he risked his career to try and bring attention to social issues - namely police misconduct against people of color

he brought attention but the trump racist cult of course got triggered when trump gaslit the country by falsely making the issue about disrespecting the flag

the guy that stood on a podium and pledged allegiance to Russia questioned black citizens patriotism

truth
    WTF ?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    And you are trying to twist your narrative. So what is the difference or perhaps you don't own a mirror? As far as every liberal action Pop and the Spurs do is gold, do you all really support the male cheerleaders over the female cheerleaders?
    the "hype squad" isn't a liberal move. It's a money move. Cheerleaders are ticking harassment lawsuit bombs and not worth the trouble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the "hype squad" isn't a liberal move. It's a money move. Cheerleaders are ticking harassment lawsuit bombs and not worth the trouble.
    Not to mention the whole redskins cheerleaders taken to central America, passports confiscated, and season ticketholders were basically allowed to grope them debacle....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol short memory cuckolds offended by Kap.

He first sat during the anthem, a soldier called him out for it and suggested he should kneel instead. Then he kneeled, and all of a sudden it’s anti patriotic? That’s disrespecting the flag? Kneeling is the ultimate show of respect TBH. Get your head out of your bum if you feel that’s disrespecting to the flag and or the country. If you don’t like someone shoving in your face a nasty issue that affects our beloved country, at least be humble enough to keep it shut. Freedom of speech is the base of democracy.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lol short memory cuckolds offended by Kap.

He first sat during the anthem, a soldier called him out for it and suggested he should kneel instead. Then he kneeled, and all of a sudden it’s anti patriotic? That’s disrespecting the flag? Kneeling is the ultimate show of respect TBH. Get your head out of your bum if you feel that’s disrespecting to the flag and or the country. If you don’t like someone shoving in your face a nasty issue that affects our beloved country, at least be humble enough to keep it shut. Freedom of speech is the base of democracy.
    Yeah, as protests go it's difficult to think of a more respectful one than kneeling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *cant make second reads*
    *no touch on any passes*
    *figured out like every other NFL gimmick*

*NFL monies running out*

*kneels*
    *gets on twitter*

WHY WONT ANYBODY GIVE ME A JOB

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some dumb responses here.

Pop's a prick for saying anyone who disagrees with him is ignorant. That's the definition of a condescending and arrogant response. Pop wants to look woke thinking it's going to get him some street cred with his liberal wino alcoholic liberal buddies. If he was being legit he'd be okay with both sides disagreeing, instead of acting like he's intellectually or morally superior somehow.

And to act like Kap isn't playing out of politics and being black balled? Please, the NFL trotted out Ray Lewis after he killed a snitch. Michael Vick after he ran his dog fighting ring. If a guy is talented enough every team in that league has proven they'll hold their nose and sign a guy if they think it'll help them. Kap is a trash QB and isn't playing because he sucks. The NFL is so social justice now, it's even more of a testament to how bad he sucks as a QB that no one will sign him just to virtue signal. Not many guys in the league who threw for seven yards in a game (just about any bum off this forum could manage that).
    OMG AN AGGIE THINKS KP IS TRASH how are you gonna face the Corps in college station with such a unique and non-aggie-centric point of view

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man that really sucks. I feel for ya. Have you tried getting over it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is it the right thing? I do understand his protest but Pop does not need to be devisive in his role
    If there's one thing I've learned, people tend to use the term "divisive" when they don't agree with an issue to make it sound less cut and dry.

Pop is stating his opinion and he's right and has a right too, in my opinion. I don't think he'll turn may people off to team USA basketball because of it tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thing is kap was already figured out and was done as a starter by the time he started his asinine kneeling bull . he saw an opportunity to remain relevant and has run with it for the past 4 years
    That's your opinion and you're en led to voice it, just like Pop when he answered the question the reporter asked

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed, tbh. Not to mention lawsuits relating to wages and how they get screwed there.

Not to mention the whole redskins cheerleaders taken to central America, passports confiscated, and season ticketholders were basically allowed to grope them debacle....
    I forgot about that, that's sketchy as . Ticket holders were also allowed to attend photo shoots where they were required to be topless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he risked his career
    you mean that 1st ballot HOF backup to the backup to the backup QB?

truth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's sort of amazing how conservatives can get so offended by people saying things they don't like or not believing in the same things they do. Many don't realize that most people from marginalized groups had to put up with that for years and to an extent still put up with it. Watching other shows or movies or read older books, and you an almost geneous cast of WASP characters. Having racist and otherwise bigoted celebrities being promoted as the "Everyman". Fighting and dying for a country that wouldn't give you the right to vote or marry who you want. That's what it really means to have to deal with divisive , not hearing someone say something you don't agree with.

It's divisive to tell someone they're one gender when they don't feel that way. It's divisive to tell someone that they should be worried about "black on black crime" as if that makes it okay when police go too far. It's divisive to tell someone they have to forget their history in order to meet your standard of "being American".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's your opinion and you're en led to voice it, just like Pop when he answered the question the reporter asked
    it's not an opinion at all lol he started all of this when he started to become an irrelevant no longer starting QB. I can't wait until he's old enough to definitively never even be able to play in the NFL so we don't have to hear about him anymore. nobody remembers shareef abdur rahim

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OPs Panamanian wife has trouble stomaching the loads I line her eso us with, but all things work out in the end tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

truth
    Well there is that!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's not an opinion at all lol he started all of this when he started to become an irrelevant no longer starting QB. I can't wait until he's old enough to definitively never even be able to play in the NFL so we don't have to hear about him anymore. nobody remembers shareef abdur rahim
    Re . It was mahmoud abdul-rauf.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

truth
    Someone is drunk, bringing attention to something is not fixing it. If there is a hole in a boat and I bring it to everyone attention doesn't mean I fixed it.

Truth

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't mind Pop's opinion, but I find it interesting that he throws shade on people who hug the flag, while at the same time places a backup quarterback (at best) on a pedestal as some martyr of social injustice.

I mean, seriously, Kaep didn't sacrifice anything. He isn't a true activist. He kneeled and ended up getting a Nike contract.

I think Bo Jackson said it best, when he said an activist would be out in the sweltering heat in DC protesting.

Bo didn't question the cause, he questioned the energy expended by such an activist.

Pop just says some really odd things at times. I will never forget when he blasted the fans for cheering so much when Boban checked into the game. Pop was being a complete hypocrite in that situation for assuming that the cheers were disingenuous of the fans.

Look, I really respect Pop, but he isn't beyond reproach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't mind Pop's opinion, but I find it interesting that he throws shade on people who hug the flag, while at the same time places a backup quarterback (at best) on a pedestal as some martyr of social injustice.

I mean, seriously, Kaep didn't sacrifice anything. He isn't a true activist. He kneeled and ended up getting a Nike contract.

I think Bo Jackson said it best, when he said an activist would be out in the sweltering heat in DC protesting.

Bo didn't question the cause, he questioned the energy expended by such an activist.

Pop just says some really odd things at times. I will never forget when he blasted the fans for cheering so much when Boban checked into the game. Pop was being a complete hypocrite in that situation for assuming that the cheers were disingenuous of the fans.

Look, I really respect Pop, but he isn't beyond reproach.
    This opinion makes you a racist. (blue font)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is doing the right thing, but people like you will try to twist it to fit your narrative.
    The right thing to do is talk about USA team not bringing other people up
    What the former football player did has Nothing to do with the USA basketball.

He is paid to coach basketball not tell me what he thinks on other subjects
    I have no problem if he goes on cnn foxnews msnbc and talk about politics but not on basketball time

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone is drunk, bringing attention to something is not fixing it. If there is a hole in a boat and I bring it to everyone attention doesn't mean I fixed it.

Truth
    But bringing attention to something that is wrong at your own personal risk - is still miles ahead of doing absolutely nothing and NOT risking yourself.

Had we been blessed with a true leader instead of a racist -

this leader - could have taken the issue - brought positive attention to the cause -
    encouraged the DOJ to ins ute a number of changes to help solve the issue or at least lessen it.

Together they could have been a positive force - instead of using the issue to throw red meat to racists and actually make the issue worse.

But keep hating on the patriot that tried to do something positive

and

keep supporting the traitor who pledged allegiance to an enemy foreign government and then had enough evil motives to try and paint the patriot as some kind of hater of america.

not too hard to see this issue clearly - if you can put your racism on the shelf for a minute

Thread Information