Page 56 of 82 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 2031
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never said you couldn't criticize them or not like something. You said you had to take a step back because your delicate and soft sensibilities were hurt because of the moves they'd made so you became a casual fan. You freely admitted being a ty fan so I'm not sure why you care so much. You said I was a ty poster, so I'm not sure why you're still here trying to desperately trying to win this internet argument.

You're a spoiled ass soft fan. Move on. You know, like you did from the Spurs.
    "oh you are critical so I don't like you, you are fairweather" off with you!
    Rewriting stories now are you softie? You get edgy so quickly it would seem you are personally butthurt.

I will move on, from replying to you. tbqh.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 02-06-2020 at 09:18 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really new but - ORL is definitely one of teams that have talked to Spurs about DDR but was told talks have never advanced so far. The biggest issues being ORL desired compensation for Gordon, and DDR being able to opt out. Was told DDR's agent not willing to offer any verbal commitments. Orl wants a trade structure that protects them if DDR only there 30 games. The main players that would be involved aren't the issue but each side feeling they should be the one getting additional pick(s) /prospect(s). Add in Orlando's injury situation & he doesn't think anything happens (at least not a big trade with DDR)

I imagine Spurs have similar experiences with other teams have shown interest in DDR
    This makes sense.

I struggle to see who gives DDR that huge extension he wants if he opts out. Could be wrong, but the market my force him into opting-in and playing it out one more year. That’s a lot of money to pass up if you next long term deal starts at 15M

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really new but - ORL is definitely one of teams that have talked to Spurs about DDR but was told talks have never advanced so far. The biggest issues being ORL desired compensation for Gordon, and DDR being able to opt out. Was told DDR's agent not willing to offer any verbal commitments. Orl wants a trade structure that protects them if DDR only there 30 games. The main players that would be involved aren't the issue but each side feeling they should be the one getting additional pick(s) /prospect(s). Add in Orlando's injury situation & he doesn't think anything happens (at least not a big trade with DDR)

I imagine Spurs have similar experiences with other teams have shown interest in DDR
    I think with this summer's cap space drying up that DDR will be forced into a S&T this summer and that timing makes more sense for the spurs and the Magic at this point.

LMA is the one we need to move now to extract peak value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think with this summer's cap space drying up that DDR will be forced into a S&T this summer and that timing makes more sense for the spurs and the Magic at this point.

LMA is the one we need to move now to extract peak value.
    I do expect soemthing to happen with derozan this summer. S&T is a real possibility and perhaps the Spurs are counting on that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait to see this forum meltdown when nothing happens yet again.
    I don’t think you’ll see many meltdowns. Most know that the FO is extremely incompetent and clueless. I think most on here don’t expect to see any big moves. Obviously there are some exceptions that will be surprised.

I think once the FO provides another data point validating their stupidity at 2pm today, this place might become a ghost town. Spurs fans will lose interest and stop watching games on tv or attending them. Unfortunately, the same will probably happen to this site.

What really grinds my gears is that I’m already seeing a fan base transformation into that Cleveland Browns fan mentality. Meaning, they are super proud that they’ll still 100% blindly follow and support the team even in the face of absolute incompetence and a culture of losing. It’s like they are secretly happy about the team losing because it gives them the platform to show everyone how hardcore of a fan they are. All while not realizing they are part of the problem and their money allows the stupidity to continue.

I will always be a spurs fan and will not become a fan or by gear of another team. But I won’t spend as much time or money on the organization in the future as I have in the past. At least not until there’s some glimmer of optimism for the future. Life’s just too short.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is just such a lazy reporting and an overplayed take. I’m sure this went to print just before the Woj tweet. Ok, the spurs may not end up trading anyone, but it’s just lazy reporting to suggest they’re not even trying.

Don't give up yet. It's never over until that final buzzer sounds. Like the other night against the Lakers. Pop could have drawn up a 30 point play and pulled it out at the last minute.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do expect soemthing to happen with derozan this summer.

DeRozan is going to spend the summer working on his midrange jumper. That's something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan is going to spend the summer working on his midrange jumper. That's something.

All too true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think you’ll see many meltdowns. Most know that the FO is extremely incompetent and clueless. I think most on here don’t expect to see any big moves. Obviously there are some exceptions that will be surprised.

I think once the FO provides another data point validating their stupidity at 2pm today, this place might become a ghost town. Spurs fans will lose interest and stop watching games on tv or attending them. Unfortunately, the same will probably happen to this site.

What really grinds my gears is that I’m already seeing a fan base transformation into that Cleveland Browns fan mentality. Meaning, they are super proud that they’ll still 100% blindly follow and support the team even in the face of absolute incompetence and a culture of losing. It’s like they are secretly happy about the team losing because it gives them the platform to show everyone how hardcore of a fan they are. All while not realizing they are part of the problem and their money allows the stupidity to continue.

I will always be a spurs fan and will not become a fan or by gear of another team. But I won’t spend as much time or money on the organization in the future as I have in the past. At least not until there’s some glimmer of optimism for the future. Life’s just too short.
    I mean, that's what people say...but you'll see plenty of angry emojis in this thread when 2pm hits.

And, yeah, I've been saying the rest for a few years now. This team's fanbase is fine with becoming the Phoenix Suns, or Dallas Cowboys. The Jeff McCuckold "let someone else have a chance" and Poop's "none of this matters" mentality is becoming a toxic mix around here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do expect soemthing to happen with derozan this summer. S&T is a real possibility and perhaps the Spurs are counting on that.
    What is his incentive to do a s/t with us? He’s free to negotiate his own contract with other teams. I don’t expect a s/t at all. When he isn’t traded today, we will lose him for nothing. I also think we don’t match offers for Poetl. So we basically traded Kawhitter and DG for KJ lol.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is his incentive to do a s/t with us? He’s free to negotiate his own contract with other teams. I don’t expect a s/t at all. When he isn’t traded today, we will lose him for nothing. I also think we don’t match offers for Poetl. So we basically traded Kawhitter and DG for KJ lol.
    At least some of the teams that would have interest in DDR will lack the capspace to pay him without S&T. Almost always in a S&T scenario the incentive for the player is making thee most possible $ and allows the player to go to team they desire.

With that said, you do have a point, there is risk of DDR finding a team that he likes that is willing to pay him & has no need/interest in a S&T.
    Last edited by SpaceCoast Spursfan; 02-06-2020 at 10:58 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait to see this forum meltdown when nothing happens yet again.
    Wouldn’t be different from any other day.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    derozan lma will be gone for nothing, no top picks in this yr draft, no star FAs will come here, who the spurs wanna play in next years??? just good luck spurs... pop and the rest management just ruined this team for next decade. Peace!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bye

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any reasonable FO would be trying to trade LMA. His production is about to fall off a cliff. He has one more year on his deal. By the time our younger players (hopefully) get better, LMA will be washed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bolden is an aussie....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any reasonable FO would be trying to trade LMA. His production is about to fall off a cliff. He has one more year on his deal. By the time our younger players (hopefully) get better, LMA will be washed.
    I think it's kind of nonsense. He is a great shooting big, which has value and he still plays pretty good defense. He'll have a spot in the league for several more years. It's just the teams that could really use him don't have the assets to get him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's kind of nonsense. He is a great shooting big, which has value and he still plays pretty good defense. He'll have a spot in the league for several more years. It's just the teams that could really use him don't have the assets to get him.
    Miami and Portland has the assets to get him. I’m guess Spurs shut it down with ridiculous demands

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston do, but they won't send their picks again and will lose in the 2nd round again. Ainge likes sitting on his assets until they're totally undervalued.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m sure this has been posted but here you go in case you missed it

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Gallo out of the Miami Memphis deal maybe Miami will turn their attention to the spurs..... fingers crossed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information