Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Michael Wilbon and Stephen A. are the two worst blacks on ESPN...Jamele is bad, but not Screamin Stephen bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a business catering to the vast majority of Americans, tbh... not sure what's weird about that...
    A lot of the time, yes.
    But also being owned by Disney with it's clear long standing past and present pervert agenda
    http://www.freep.com/story/sports/20...stas/71027130/

Just no way anywhere's even close to half of Americans are down with Brucealyn.
    I think most identify Jemele Hill and Steven Smith for what they are too. No talent hacks hired strictly to play the minority card.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of the time, yes.
    But also being owned by Disney with it's clear long standing past and present pervert agenda

I think most identify Jemele Hill and Steven Smith for what they are too. No talent hacks hired strictly to play the minority card.
    I hate SAS, etc... but it sells ads for them...

They've been firing people out there because they underperform... Trumpets should be the first to know that reality-show, controversial type of is what sells today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You also have to add that Fox pioneered political polarization as a successful model, tbh, shouldn't be surprising other networks like CNN, MSNBC and ESPN following suit...
    They didn't pioneer it. They copied it and just biased it in the opposite direction.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of the time, yes.

Michael was one of my favorite panelists/contestants that wasn't Woody Paige on Around the Horn when I watched.

Has Bill Plashke died yet? He was awful.

I M Ultimate Badass Quadzilla99's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is exactly what I'm talking about:

Ins utional demagoguery at ESPN.
    They tried to fire her but the whole staff threatened rebellion. Good luck covering pro sports whole angering the entire African American community. They were pretty much ed at that point. Schilling is such a POS no one would stand up for him. Pretty sure if the whole baseball crew threatened to auit over Schilling things might have been different

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't work like that for a business, they have to know who their audience is, and cater to them...

This is ESPN's audience:
    http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/espn...r-to-date.html

They're Disney-owned, and a business like any other, trying to cater to the younger audience...
    Their ratings drops don't validate their one-sided behavior. Even the lead in that article acknowledges that in the lead sentence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They tried to fire her but the whole staff threatened rebellion. Good luck covering pro sports whole angering the entire African American community. They were pretty much ed at that point. Schilling is such a POS no one would stand up for him. Pretty sure if the whole baseball crew threatened to auit over Schilling things might have been different
    What % of AAs are going to quit watching because Jemele gets canned?
    For that matter, what % of ESPNs buying audience are AA anyways.

Management with a clue would have the rebellios staff replaced in 3.2 seconds.
    Sick station with sick management and a ty product.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't work like that for a business, they have to know who their audience is, and cater to them...

This is ESPN's audience:
    http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/espn...r-to-date.html

They're Disney-owned, and a business like any other, trying to cater to the younger audience...
    This isn't going to help the perception that ESPN tilts way left and is deliberately offensive to conservatives.
    ESPN stalwart Linda Cohn lamented the network's non-sports wander into politics in an interview last spring, noting that the "core group" of viewers who made ESPN so successful were being ignored.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No network on television is dedicated to ANYTHING besides making money. Maybe PBS is different, but every niche TV market has been infected with the reality TV drama bull clickbait stories. You cannot even watch the ing Discovery Channel now without seeing some reality TV . Remember when it was nature?

ESPN is just suc bing to the market. Blame adsense and other pay for clicks scheme.

Sports just isn't exciting enough, often enough, to have a 24 hour news source dedicated to it, much less 4 ing channels. They have to make up. But Hill isn't the bad person here, she's just a pawn. You'll see, they'll fire her for something and rake in the story clicks from that too, but she has to become more of a name first. Because if ESPN has learned ANYTHING it's that it doesn't ing matter who's giving the scores, the play by play or the color commentary, as long as no one else is available. Fans watch the event, ESPN owns the broadcast rights, and the announcers are just noise in the background to steer the narrative how the market dictates. Do you think they don't plan some of these controversies? There's a reason it's the black woman doing it - she's somewhat immune from instant censorship for being both female and black. Once that card is played ESPN won't keep going back to that well, and Hill will be looking for a job elsewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Their ratings drops don't validate their one-sided behavior. Even the lead in that article acknowledges that in the lead sentence.
    You're still mistaken thinking they need to cater to your viewpoint, or any specific viewpoint for that matter.

They spend a pretty penny in marketing, audience reports, focus groups, etc, just to see what works for them (monetarily) and what doesn't.

This idea that any sort of 'news' outlet needs to be 'fair and balanced' is outdated and just doesn't jive with reality, where polarization and one sided shouting matches and echo chambers rules the air.

Eventually, people will get tired of it and move on. Then they'll cater to whatever is next.

The idea that 'sports are too important' for X, is like saying Football is too important to give an exclusive deal to DirecTV (and that issue was raised back in the day). The reality is that it's a business, and they'll go where money calls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And yes, a lot of people (me included), don't like ESPN (and don't watch it) because they delved into the whole shouting match bull , but people apparently eat that alive...

I just watch something else.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You mad he didn't get any professional victims, son?
    He did.
    You mad he didn't affirmative action that, son?
    He did.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're still mistaken thinking they need to cater to your viewpoint, or any specific viewpoint for that matter.

They spend a pretty penny in marketing, audience reports, focus groups, etc, just to see what works for them (monetarily) and what doesn't.

This idea that any sort of 'news' outlet needs to be 'fair and balanced' is outdated and just doesn't jive with reality, where polarization and one sided shouting matches and echo chambers rules the air.

Eventually, people will get tired of it and move on. Then they'll cater to whatever is next.

The idea that 'sports are too important' for X, is like saying Football is too important to give an exclusive deal to DirecTV (and that issue was raised back in the day). The reality is that it's a business, and they'll go where money calls.
    My viewpoint? The numbers show ESPN shrinking b/c they can't get over themselves, bro. ESPN needs to get out of the business of polarizing politics and stick to what made them a an in the first place. Stop doing stupid like taking guys off of telecasts b/c they think they're the overlords of snowflake nation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are witnessing the destruction of America that will likely end badly. When black athletes and sports casters openly support racism, bigotry and political bullying against our Elected officials it has reached a dangerous and scary level.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He did.
    He did.
    You lame.
    You lame.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why put so much effort into an argument about ESPN? It's like arguing about Fox's bias, CNN's bias...they are heavy Left, this isn't news to anyone who watches or has watched it the last 5 or so years. Nono has been stellar and objective in this thread, he's solid imo. Why beat a dead horse?

Jemele got less punishment than Robert Lee, who was punished for no good reason than his ing name. Jamele is black, she will have her cake and eat it too because her white slave masters want her pushing their agenda. Her "thoughts" aren't unique, and she's just playing her part in white folk on the Left doing the blacks thinking for them, that is what Leftism is and why they own the overwhelming majority of the media.

Just like complacency with awful Presidents, American's this century have shown a propensity of having their opinions formed for them by their preferred media outlets and it's extended to sports and music.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ElNono

ESPN must be tired of shooting their own foot.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/rep...cid=spartandhp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My viewpoint? The numbers show ESPN shrinking b/c they can't get over themselves, bro. ESPN needs to get out of the business of polarizing politics and stick to what made them a an in the first place. Stop doing stupid like taking guys off of telecasts b/c they think they're the overlords of snowflake nation.
    Their TV audience is shrinking because kids don't watch TV anymore, and it's happening to everybody, not just ESPN. Has nothing to do with political views.

The whole political angle is actually to try to cater to the snowflakes like you that react to every little thing they do, tbh... in that sense, they certainly got the reaction they were looking for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more you share their , the better is for them... there's no such thing as bad free publicity...

She's not the first or last to make politically charged comments, and she might get fired or not, but the fact that you're talking about them is working out great...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why put so much effort into an argument about ESPN? It's like arguing about Fox's bias, CNN's bias...they are heavy Left, this isn't news to anyone who watches or has watched it the last 5 or so years. Nono has been stellar and objective in this thread, he's solid imo. Why beat a dead horse?

Jemele got less punishment than Robert Lee, who was punished for no good reason than his ing name. Jamele is black, she will have her cake and eat it too because her white slave masters want her pushing their agenda. Her "thoughts" aren't unique, and she's just playing her part in white folk on the Left doing the blacks thinking for them, that is what Leftism is and why they own the overwhelming majority of the media.

Just like complacency with awful Presidents, American's this century have shown a propensity of having their opinions formed for them by their preferred media outlets and it's extended to sports and music.
    What was that blonde that talked about women's rights and ? This is the same ...

They do it to get a raise out of people, and judging by this thread, it's working out great, tbh....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurtacular is certainly not alone with this notion that because Trump won, the country is now heavily conservative, or some like that... they can safely get their racism out of the closet, etc...

Nothing has really changed. The left outlets are still left, the right outlets are still right... The only novelty is that we're living in the reality show everywhere era, because that sells. Even made it to the white house.

I lol @ TV shows about social media now. Like broadcasting tweets and youtube videos is really going to save TV when everybody can just check that on their phones.

TV is certainly going through reinvention right now, and exclusive rights like ESPN has for some sports is what saving their bacon right now, but it's not going to last with all the streaming .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A train gone be ran on her. Black culture.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Their TV audience is shrinking because kids don't watch TV anymore, and it's happening to everybody, not just ESPN. Has nothing to do with political views.

The whole political angle is actually to try to cater to the snowflakes like you that react to every little thing they do, tbh... in that sense, they certainly got the reaction they were looking for.
    Is that what their PR firm told you? Sports are as popular and lucrative as ever. They're losing audience because they're being s.

Thread Information