Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm rooting for Keldon, but this isn't a good choice for Team USA. Playing with fire, & risking the gold medal by adding guys who aren't even in the top 25% of league players.
    The rest of those 25% all said no already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ja Morant. Tweeted something like “Didn’t call me then, don’t call me now.”.
    Wow what ego. But yeah I would've put him over Jrue

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know what Middleton, Jrue and Booker have left in the tank. But I'd put Morant, Trae and Zion in there as early replacements.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Back in Vegas watching the games it was apparent what this team might need:

Pop could give KJ a role (he looked good) and then coach him hard (like Duncan). That might allow him to coach the other guys. Right now I think Pop is scared of his players. That's not his comfort zone.
    Maybe that's part of the thinking here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big Body Olympian, baby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Back in Vegas watching the games it was apparent what this team might need:

Maybe that's part of the thinking here.
    Keldon definitely has the motor and willingness to be coached.
    I'm really excited for Keldon. He might just be the 1st one to crack AS among the young core.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know what Middleton, Jrue and Booker have left in the tank. But I'd put Morant, Trae and Zion in there as early replacements.
    Pop would lose all his remaining hair if he had Trae launching threes from the parking lot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop would lose all his remaining hair if he had Trae launching threes from the parking lot.
    True, but Pop likes to "spread the floor" and you can't do that in NCAA/FIBA due to the short 3-point line. A zone defense can pack it in and still defend the three.

Put Trae on the court and they have to come way out -- then, with his phenomenal passing skills, the whole offense opens up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The sad thing is that if the US doesn't win gold, despite having numerous all-stars on this team, people will look at the roster and blame it on Johnson and McGee and wonder why they went and not other stars. And that's regardless if both play well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ja Morant. Tweeted something like “Didn’t call me then, don’t call me now.”.
    ty behavior.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The sad thing is that if the US doesn't win gold, despite having numerous all-stars on this team, people will look at the roster and blame it on Johnson and McGee and wonder why they went and not other stars. And that's regardless if both play well.
    and especially on Pop. I mean I don't know about you guys, but I still hold Pop's legacy up there, especially against opportunist Phil. At least I don't want to lose bragging rights against Laker fans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So his head would look just like Trae's then huh?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JaVale was made for FIBA rules. No defensive three seconds and he can swat balls off the rim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Middleton, Holiday and Booker are still committed. Keldon and Javale, who will be playing spot minutes, isn't making or breaking the squad. This is still a gold medal team...ya'll can relax.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thrilled for KJ.

Selfish Spurs question here:

Anybody concerned that the Olympic commitment may cause Keldon’s development to plateau this year?
    or
    Do you think competing against some of the best players in the world on the daily will have the inverse effect?

One thing is for sure, Spurs may be the only mediocre team in league history where snubbed stars gear up every game to play us
    Trae and Ja are going to give us both barrels.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thrilled for KJ.

Anybody concerned that the Olympic commitment may cause Keldon’s development to plateau this year?
    or
    Do you think competing against some of the best players in the world on the daily will have the inverse effect?

One thing is for sure, Spurs may be the only mediocre team in league history where snubbed stars gear up every game to play us
    One thing for sure, Keldon's stock is growing every day if Spurs would dangle him to get a Collins or Simmons (not that I want that but just saying).

Keldon is getting a lot of opportunities, and I think he is making the most of it, working on his game every day as we speak.

The media will see him as a budding star (especially if team USA wins), and could even possibly crack the AS selection next season if it continues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon in and DDR not

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course Pop being the head coach played a part in this, but the cir stances created a context that probably played a bigger part.

Either way, I don't care about the optics. This organization has had so much bad luck in the past half decade, if this can contribute to being a springboard to helping him eventually reach an unforeseen level, so be it.

Thrilled for KJ.

or

Good question. In the grand scheme, this'll probably do more good than harm in an intangible sense.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    great now spurfan will anoint him as the next new megastar for 3 years then when he undoubtedly doesnt meet expectation will write him off as the worst player in the league and expect him to be utterly useless wherever he goes

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm rooting for Keldon, but this isn't a good choice for Team USA. Playing with fire, & risking the gold medal by adding guys who aren't even in the top 55% of league players.
    fify

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean Beal is a SG with good size. Why would you replace him with midgets like Ja and Trae. They already have guys who give zero effort defensively. Why add 2 more to that mix? Atleast Keldon will hustle and has some size and can rebound. He also won’t be looking for his own number the whole time and will defer. Good choice by Pop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, Keldon is above average; 40% of players are better imo.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, Keldon is above average; 40% of players are better imo.
    Statistically he's a little below average for an NBA player. Eye test agrees.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Statistically he's a little below average for an NBA player. Eye test agrees.
    The tiness of the system made him look worse than he is. The fact team USA is full of shooters should benefit his style of play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    US players are en led and most stars want to preserve themselves for future contracts. America has a selfish culture.
    Selfish isn’t the word I would use. More like, individualistic. There’s greater emphasis on the individual and less on the collective.

Thread Information