My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol, no way. But Turner is.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Murray had Simmons skills, ie Simmons in Murray's body. He would be Rondo 10 years ago.
    Rondo ended up coming up of the bench. and this is before everyone shot 3s. He also got better at shooting 3s. but you forgot to mention that Ben is not a good re-bounder for his size. Also he has more TO and cannot shoot the 3. His shots are probably easier because he is taller as he can shoot over more people. So yes if you put Ben skills into Murray he would be out of the league.

You also talk about simmons defense. I dont think it is as good as people like to make it out to be. Murray also is a good player defense player and is getting better at it as well.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you put Ben skills into Murray he would be out of the league? Maybe a 3rd string point guard. Not necessary our of league. He would still be a good passer. and adequate defender.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It might have something to do with what they see when they watch him.

You mention Simmons vs Murray and rebounding. You imagine that the taller Simmons will automatically get more boards. Let’s look.

Per game, rebounds, 2020-21 season.

Murray, 7.1
    Simmons, 7.2

Simmons is about 7 inches taller, and is paid about twice as much as Murray, and he gets 0.1 more rebounds per game.

You want to pay $15 million more to get 0.1 more rebounds?

Further, Simmons has never had a season where he averaged less than 3 turnovers per game. Murray has never averaged more than 2.

Beyond his poor shooting, it’s things like that which make people skeptical of Simmons.

If Murray had Simmons’ skills, Murray would be a bust and be out of the league.
    One of rare instances per game averages hold up as the two play roughly the same amount of minutes. Simmons has a higher FG% but he’s also shooting from an area where he should be hitting that type of percentage - clogging up floor for others. Murray at least offers some floor spacing.

Simmons is a better distributor - with that comes more turnovers. I wonder how much of each’s scoring comes in half court vs. transition too.

Murray’s rebounding is on par despite being shorter.

Simmons’ defense is stellar. But Murray’s is very good too.

Murray is way cheaper and it would cost a lot more than just Murray to go acquire Simmons. If I were trading Murray plus a bunch more, I’d want a pretty damn sure thing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of rare instances per game averages hold up as the two play roughly the same amount of minutes. Simmons has a higher FG% but he’s also shooting from an area where he should be hitting that type of percentage - clogging up floor for others. Murray at least offers some floor spacing.

Simmons is a better distributor - with that comes more turnovers. I wonder how much of each’s scoring comes in half court vs. transition too.

Murray’s rebounding is on par despite being shorter.

Simmons’ defense is stellar. But Murray’s is very good too.

Murray is way cheaper and it would cost a lot more than just Murray to go acquire Simmons. If I were trading Murray plus a bunch more, I’d want a pretty damn sure thing.
    This is good. I do think ultimately what takes us out of it will be Philly’s reasonably high demands. Better bet probably is maxing Collins and trying to sign some shooters like Duncan Robinson with remaining capspace.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is good. I do think ultimately what takes us out of it will be Philly’s reasonably high demands. Better bet probably is maxing Collins and trying to sign some shooters like Duncan Robinson with remaining capspace.
    While I agree on Collins, I violently disagree with paying DR. You can get a guy who does nothing but run around and shoot 3 pointers…IN THE SECOND ROUND. No need to pay that player type 8 figures per year when you can pay less than a million/yr for probably 3 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, I still want to go after Sabonis.
    There’s a Sabonis-like player in the draft. His name is Alperen Sengun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s a Sabonis-like player in the draft. His name is Alperen Sengun.
    I want Sabonis now. He is perfect type of center for this team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there anyone here that is a little bit bubbly in their tummies over this offseason. Spurs have insane flexibility in terms of cap space and youth. But there appears to be some decent names available via trade.

Simmons
    Kuzma
    Duncan Robinson
    Herro
    Ingram
    Ball
    McCollum
    Beal
    Sabonis
    Turner
    Sexton
    Will Barton
    Siakam
    Collins
    Rozier
    Grant
    Trent Jr

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there anyone here that is a little bit bubbly in their tummies over this offseason. Spurs have insane flexibility in terms of cap space and youth. But there appears to be some decent names available via trade.

Simmons
    Kuzma
    Duncan Robinson
    Herro
    Ingram
    Ball
    McCollum
    Beal
    Sabonis
    Turner
    Sexton
    Will Barton
    Siakam
    Collins
    Rozier
    Grant
    Trent Jr
    I hadn't seen where Ingram was available..interesting... I'm not feeling bubbly but, it is really interesting to have so many options and/or directions this team can choose to go right now. I'm not used to all these options... it should be exciting..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone except for you know who is available for the Pelicans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m super excited too! I really hope the spurs get creative with what they do with their flexibility

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone except for you know who is available for the Pelicans.
    They should move him then because, even though I like Ingram, he doesn't fit next to Zion. They should be able to turn him into players who fit better pretty easily.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should move him then because, even though I like Ingram, he doesn't fit next to Zion. They should be able to turn him into players who fit better pretty easily.
    IIRC Zion has already made it clear that he wants them to keep Ingram and Ball. Apparently they're pretty close.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Simmons
    Kuzma
    Duncan Robinson
    Herro
    Ingram
    Ball
    McCollum
    Beal
    Sabonis
    Turner
    Sexton
    Will Barton
    Siakam
    Collins
    Rozier
    Grant
    Trent Jr
    I'm not terribly excited because I don't think anything's really going to happen, least anything big. I see playing as a third party of bigger deals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Simmons
    Kuzma
    Duncan Robinson
    Herro
    Ingram
    Ball
    McCollum
    Beal
    Sabonis
    Turner
    Sexton
    Will Barton
    Siakam
    Collins
    Rozier
    Grant
    Trent Jr
    I'd add Thaddeus Young & Satoransky, who might be gettable from the Bulls if they want to have more cap flexibility & go w/ younger players. Both are on reasonable & short and would be nice vets to replace DeRozan and/or Gay... Maybe Boucher if Toronto drafts a big.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A few tidbits I'm seeing in the Twitter verse today I thought were interesting..
    Pelicans are unlikely to match a significant Lonzo Ball offer
    Clippers, Lakers, and Bulls all interested in Lonzo
    Pelicans are open to attaching a pick to unload Eric Bledsoe
    Pelicans are interested in signing Kyle Lowry

A few thoughts- Lakers or Clippers would need a 3rd team in any Lonzo trade unless the Pelicans like their assets more than cap space and if they are after Lowry then maximizing cap space is probably their target.

If we move DJ or White getting a pick for taking Bledsoe wouldn't be a bad outcome.

If the Pelicans want Lowry I wonder if they'd want DDR as well. I don't like a DDR, Lowry, Zion big 3 but they may not have a better path forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Lowery and think he's had a very underrated career, but why would New Orleans want him now, at age 35? Odd.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmm, I might take Bledsoe for the right pick. Looks like the last of the two years is partially guaranteed at 3.9M

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmm, I might take Bledsoe for the right pick. Looks like the last of the two years is partially guaranteed at 3.9M
    Interesting one to roll the dice on... if it's an unprotected pick a few years down the line and Zion leaves, it could potentially be gold.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting one to roll the dice on... if it's an unprotected pick a few years down the line and Zion leaves, it could potentially be gold.
    I doubt they’d offer an unprotected first to eat a contract. Maybe something like top 10 protected, at best.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we move DJ or White getting a pick for taking Bledsoe wouldn't be a bad outcome.
    It'd be terrible, tbh.

If it's Bledsoe into cap space for a lottery protected pick after the Spurs strike out on their FA targets, then it might be alright.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Lowery and think he's had a very underrated career, but why would New Orleans want him now, at age 35? Odd.
    Definitely seems like the timeline doesn't fit. But i'm guessing they want a steady veteran leader for their group of young guys. Hard for it to be Adams and Bledsoe when they're useless albatross contracts. But i would expect Lowry to try and go somewhere to compete for a ring versus playing veteran babysitter in NOLA

Thread Information