Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously this will never happen but it would be nice to know what she would have done different with this current team that Pop didn’t do.

what would her lineups look like, her defensive strategies. Would she be in favor of playing the young ones more? Etc.

Thats what I would care about most, but those things wouldn’t be answered until she became head coach.
    I thought the Bubble changes were part of her suggestions?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just spouting out thoughts here. I think most resistance to a female coach would be that players wouldn't respect the coach. I think there are settings where that could be the case. But a lot of the successful coaches in the NBA never made it there as a player. So that alone can't be how respect comes. Moreover, the "man" aspect of relating may be overrated. Men, especially in the younger and upcoming generations, have become so emasculated and women have become so much more empowered that it might actually be better for a team to have a female coach over a male coach, assuming equal knowledge of Xs and Os. A lot of young men are standing around looking for women to tell them what to do in our society. That's why women go to college more and are more gainfully employed than men.

And also who do the players thank and respect in the post conference after the game? Their moms. I have a feeling more of them would play harder and behave with the right at ude if they were coached by their moms. It would be an interesting experiment to see what happens. Maybe Becky Hammons will be the one to give us some insight on how this dynamic would work. I don't really care who coaches the Portland Trailblazers or the Orlando Magic. I'm more interested in the Spurs tanking and getting a lottery pick that changes the direction of the franchise. If a team has a legit superstar players, then the coach hardly matters. We've seen that time and again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just spouting out thoughts here. I think most resistance to a female coach would be that players wouldn't respect the coach. I think there are settings where that could be the case. But a lot of the successful coaches in the NBA never made it there as a player. So that alone can't be how respect comes. Moreover, the "man" aspect of relating may be overrated. Men, especially in the younger and upcoming generations, have become so emasculated and women have become so much more empowered that it might actually be better for a team to have a female coach over a male coach, assuming equal knowledge of Xs and Os. A lot of young men are standing around looking for women to tell them what to do in our society. That's why women go to college more and are more gainfully employed than men.

And also who do the players thank and respect in the post conference after the game? Their moms. I have a feeling more of them would play harder and behave with the right at ude if they were coached by their moms. It would be an interesting experiment to see what happens. Maybe Becky Hammons will be the one to give us some insight on how this dynamic would work. I don't really care who coaches the Portland Trailblazers or the Orlando Magic. I'm more interested in the Spurs tanking and getting a lottery pick that changes the direction of the franchise. If a team has a legit superstar players, then the coach hardly matters. We've seen that time and again.

Preach cal! Praying spurs get a huuge break in the lottery coming up. maybe poodle can even learn that 3 ball am i right

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol boring? or insane? too bad half you trumpers do buy it.
    You keep claiming I'm a Trumper Lol... I forgot that's the MO with you mini authoritarian commies; repeat the lie enough until it is revered as factual.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Report: Trail Blazers interested in Heat coach Erik Spoelstra

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-...222727721.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sounds like either nothing or more agent BS leveraging. Is Spo up for an extension?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should be interested in Spoelstra

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Snyder too, but there’s no indication they would want to leave. We will have to hire someone on the way up or the way down. No coach in their prime on a legit playoff team is dropping a good team to come here. Bud if he’s fired, or Brett Brown trying to get back coaching. Or Ime or Becky as candidates looking to move up to be a HC. Longshot: a European coach no one expects. Messina? Was that his name?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Snyder too, but there’s no indication they would want to leave. We will have to hire someone on the way up or the way down. No coach in their prime on a legit playoff team is dropping a good team to come here. Bud if he’s fired, or Brett Brown trying to get back coaching. Or Ime or Becky as candidates looking to move up to be a HC. Longshot: a European coach no one expects. Messina? Was that his name?

Ettore messina

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO, future Spurs coach will come from inside the organization. Doubt they would get someone who’d want to replace all the staff. Doesn’t sound like the Spurs MO.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Heat would never let the best coach in the NBA go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see Dame wanting to dust off D'Antoni's offense. Chauncey will likely get a shot at an HC post, too, I'd bet.
    Agreed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Man, if he is attainable, would love for the Spurs to get him. Distance 2nd would be Brad Stephens. (Based on the "Yea right" candidates. Lol).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New Orleans and Washington coaching jobs just opened up also. Becky is gone unless she knows and they promised her the position when Pop leaves this season or next.

if she or one of the other ladies whose names are connected to these jobs don’t get hired this off season, no telling when they ever will.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New Orleans and Washington coaching jobs just opened up also. Becky is gone unless she knows and they promised her the position when Pop leaves this season or next.

if she or one of the other ladies whose names are connected to these jobs don’t get hired this off season, no telling when they ever will.
    Women have no place in the NBA and that's why there's a league of their own. I know damn well if I was a player in the NBA I wouldn't give af what some YMCA WNBA ex-player had to say to me about what I do on the court when their skills are .0001% of what any NBA player gives.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Women have no place in the NBA and that's why there's a league of their own. I know damn well if I was a player in the NBA I wouldn't give af what some YMCA WNBA ex-player had to say to me about what I do on the court when their skills are .0001% of what any NBA player gives.
    There are men's coaches in the wnba.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are men's coaches in the wnba.
    And maybe they shouldn't be coaching in the WNBA... I would the think Men who have coached males in the past would know more about bball skillsets than any WNBA player or coach though but I could be wrong.

Either way, I am not against women working within the NBA but as a coach I think that should be off limits. Again, if I was an NBA player no woman is going to tell me how to play when all you have to do is point to any women's league and know none of them amount to more than a pickup game at your local YMCA or worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even NBA ball back before my time and back before dunking and whatnot still had better skillsets than anything offered up by the WNBA rn. The WNBA games I'm seen a bit of are nothing but brick, brick, brick, brick, run, run, run, brick, etc... BORING and not very skillful in the least; a total and utter product!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Updates on Becky interviewing with Portland. Evidently, Boston and Orlando may have interest in Becky as well.

https://www.blazersedge.com/platform...ups-interviews

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will be quite interesting when a male born transgender joins the WNBA and becomes the greatest player their league has ever seen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will be quite interesting when a male born transgender joins the WNBA and becomes the greatest player their league has ever seen.
    That's just a matter of time... When's Lebronita retiring from the NBA?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you really see LeBron being coached by Becky Hammon?
    Do you really sse James Harden or Kyrie being coached by Becky Hammon?

Nothing against women coaching but even in the WNBA the best coaches are Male.

I want nothing but the best for my team.
    Stop using iden y politics in the NBA.

Let's use simple meritocracy.
    I cansee Coach Hammon coaching young teams like the Hornets or Orlando.
    No elite team would hire either coach to be their Head Coach.

Teams are interviewing them to avoid cancelling.
    Sorry for hurting some feelings here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank God.

And good riddance

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you really see LeBron being coached by Becky Hammon?
    Do you really sse James Harden or Kyrie being coached by Becky Hammon?

Nothing against women coaching but even in the WNBA the best coaches are Male.

I want nothing but the best for my team.
    Stop using iden y politics in the NBA.

Let's use simple meritocracy.
    I cansee Coach Hammon coaching young teams like the Hornets or Orlando.
    No elite team would hire either coach to be their Head Coach.

Teams are interviewing them to avoid cancelling.
    Sorry for hurting some feelings here.
    I've said before, I don't know if Becky is a good coach or not. But I think players in the NBA could be coached by the right woman. I get that a woman is not going to make an NBA roster as a player. But a coach? Why not? It doesn't take any special physical ability other than standing up for a timeout. There is nothing so special about the male brain that makes it only able to understand X's and O's. And a man or a woman can give a motivational speech. I think there was a time when players wouldn't listen to a woman, but I think those times are passed, at least generally. And meritocracy? She has been paying her dues. She played professionally, which is more than some coaches in the NBA, even if she didn't play in the NBA. And she has been working as an assistant coach for a while. I mean, the employer is the one that determines if a candidate merits consideration. Let the GMs decide if she has the ability. I know the GMs would get kuddos for hiring a woman, but they will also get fired if the experiment fails, in fact, they are likely to get fired before the female coach. So I don't think any GM is going to hire a woman unless he thinks she can do the job and win. His job is on the line if he hires her and she fails.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I may actually watch a WNBA game if that happens.

Thread Information