Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We don’t need a bunch of young players now ( so future unprotected draft pick are gold ), gallo + rich or poodle can bring back a solid return at the deadline for a team cutting salary, and finally you now can control the lockeroom now there is no quasi superstar. Everything will be earned!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can fully understand trading DJ, but I can't understand trading him for 3 mediocre picks. Should've demanded Hunter and Okongwu to be included in the deal. Meh, at least we know the direction now. And DJ wasn't worth the full max, so better sell high. Too bad they didn't actually sell high.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You waited 22 years to make this post? :
    *18 years

ing timvp changing the edit rules along with these ty slovenian servers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know the spurs could have traded him almost anywhere and gotten a better return than 3 so so picks and the corpse of Galinari. Gallo will probably be waived anyway. There is also no guarantee that even if the spurs got a good draft pick that they would select the bast available player. They don't have the best drafting history.

It was probably about money and I'm pretty sure the spurs being a small market just didn't want to pay DJM 40 million in 2 years (spoiler. alert ..he isn't worth it). He wasn't my favorite player but the spurs could have gotten a decent player at the very least.

This was a bad trade over all. Atlanta's front office did a Jedi mind trick on Pop and the spurs front office. Sure the spurs got picks, but this next year will be real real bad. I never thought the spurs would resort to tanking but I guess I was wrong.
    Just to nitpick I’d argue the Spurs are at least above average at drafting. The rest is up in the air.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd say that Boston, Milwaukee, Miami, Philly, Toronto, Brooklyn, Chicago, and Cleveland are all ahead of Atlanta right now. Washington, Atlanta, and Charlotte will fight it out for the 9 and 10 spots. So I'd really have liked to see us having gotten the Atlanta pick in 2023.

That said, I've gotta note that the same people whining about getting 2 unprotected 1st's and and unprotected swap in this deal are the same people that said Atlanta would never give us a single unprotected 1st.

This was a good trade and gives us good options going forward.
    The only positives are I see are . . .

1) They finally stopped pretending and did what should have been done 4 years ago.

2) They're in pole position to be the worst team in the league at the moment, which will come in handy when the league drops them like the 4th pick. If the top 5-6 is as loaded as many are projecting, they should still end up with a cornerstone player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They couldn't even get Okongwu just like how they couldn't get OG in the Kawhi trade.

I can't believe NBA teams aren't lining up to fleece BWrong at every chance they get.

Poetl gonna go to a great situation soon. Keldon and Devin just need to be patient and they'll get to go to a much better franchise soon too

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shoot that might mean that guys like KJ and Vassell have no loyalty to the Spurs next year around this time next year.
    It really means the Spurs avoided paying Murray something like $40 million and there is plenty of money to go around to extend guys

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They just traded a ing piece!?!?! A piece!!! you front office!!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Look at the bright side, there is still time to get into a bidding war with the Knicks for Jalen Brunson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I have no clue what is going on and how this trade materialized out of no where. Did DJ ask to be traded? Maybe but who knows. It's just really uncharacteristic for PATFO to do this, maybe this was solely Wrights decision? And what does this mean for Pop? DJ was the only player he's been with that was on the team with the Big 3 and he trades him after having a breakout season to build for the future, which Pop will have no part in really.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good haul.

I don't see how one can dislike this trade.

It could've been better with an extra pick or Okongwu, but that's about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good haul.

I don't see how one can dislike this trade.

It could've been better with an extra pick or Okongwu, but that's about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You honestly can’t be ing if you wanted a commitment to tanking lol. What was Murray and players gonna do for us again next year? Make us compete for the play-in again. Finally, this is a direction. It won’t be pretty but rebuilds aren’t suppose to be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Y’all overrated Murray this is a good deal tbh.
    Basically you hit a Jrue Holiday package for a Jess proven player.kudos to layoffs solid draft smart trade.
    He's not a franchise player, but he IS an all-star and hence a top 25-30 player in the league. A young all-star is a valuable commodity, is it not?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow. Some of y'all need a hug. We weren't resigning DJ, so we got something in return. Smart move. Don't think we can find decent players in the 20's? Then you haven't watched the Spurs for very long.

Also, there are no players left from the nephew era. I like this. A fresh start. Can't wait to watch this team.

Go Spurs Go!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop gets a guy he can now drink vine and eat Italian food with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine being a player on this team looking over your shoulder knowing you're out the door the moment you do well.

Imagine being a fan of this team wondering if you should bother rooting for anybody at all.

This is just some pathetic .

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

bro havent you heard yet? This is an amazing deal. Spura are set and the future is bright af!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs must really like this upcoming draft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think I've ever seen a team dump a young All-Star for late round picks because... he will be owed some money two years from now.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what happens when your front office is run by an incompetent yes man (Wright), a senile old fool (Pop), and a wino (R.C).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You waited 22 years to make this post? :

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy .

Someone get Dejounte on suicide watch ASAP

Thread Information