Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I said this over and over before the draft. He’s gonna get his shots blocked a lot in the NBA. People were infatuated with this dude. The tape was clear as day when I watched it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah J Davis seems like a dodged bullet now and saying that as someone who liked Davis and was predicting him as the pick at 9. Wanted Sochan the most and thrilled with the pick personally.

Just overanalyzed it in your poll thread with Wright saying "We will pick BPA, even if that is a guard" which in hindsight seems like just a preemptive screen for dumping Walker all along. Very pleased with the potential from Sochan. I was strategizing before the draft that there were so many good guards around 20/25 that you could use 9 on Sochan and still back up now needed depth behind Vassell amid Walkers presumptive departure as well. Ended up happening and that's great!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I said this over and over before the draft. He’s gonna get his shots blocked a lot in the NBA. People were infatuated with this dude. The tape was clear as day when I watched it.
    Good thing he already grabbed that Taco Bell money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tony got blocked a lot early, first season plus some. He developed the tear drop, and from that he worked out a burst to the rack to almost place the ball off the glass without letting it go, making it virtually unblockable. Your flaws early in your career don’t have to stay with you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steph Curry's Summer League average was 17pts, 4.6 rebounds, 4.2 assist, only 35% FG and 34.5% from 3. Good but not as good as Anthony Randolph, Anthony Morrow and Cartier Martin, all averaged more than 20 points plus. I don't know where those other 3 guys are, but Steph just won his 4th ring and pretty much changed the landscape of modern basketball. I'm not saying Johnny Davis will be great, maybe not even one of Wizards greats. But damn, it's Summer League

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keegan Murray looks pretty great. He's going to be productive in this league and almost totally ignored. Shareef Abdur-Raheem type.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just not going to make any assumptions on any players off of their first Summer League play.
    Primo...
    He's still young and has a lot to learn.
    Players do keep developing.
    It is a thing.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve heard positive things about Tari Eason so far in Summer League. I wish Sochan could have played against him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keegan Murray looks pretty great. He's going to be productive in this league and almost totally ignored. Shareef Abdur-Raheem type.
    I'm certainly VERY impressed. We all knew he was already very polished and could shoot, but he's been extremely efficient so far. Better than I expected.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve heard positive things about Tari Eason so far in Summer League. I wish Sochan could have played against him.
    Sochan is more valuable than Eason in a team setting, like the playoffs. But in a pickup game where it's mostly everyone for themselves, Eason will likely have the edge.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan is more valuable than Eason in a team setting, like the playoffs. But in a pickup game where it's mostly everyone for themselves, Eason will likely have the edge.
    Fair point. And Branham might be similar as he likely needs a solid pnr game in a team setting to get him going.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Should be noted that Eason is two years older than Sochan. Hopefully we get to see him play soon because Primo's been a disappointment as far as lotto picks go. Wesley is a classic late 1st Spurs pick that will probably develop into a decent player after some time in G-League. Might be seen as a steal in a year or two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still excited to see Sochan, but that Smith/Eason combo looks pretty nice. They're a good yin/yang duo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Same. Did not want. But who I did want, Keegan is showing out. And a couple mocks had him falling to us which gave me unreasonable hope. which didn't last long at all, lol.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For a lot of players the nba test will Be a lot different.
    And even after that we need to wait 2-3 years to have a better judgement on players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For a lot of players the nba test will Be a lot different.
    And even after that we need to wait 2-3 years to have a better judgement on players.
    not in ST land. timmy would have been labeled the second coming of brad daugherty after getting dominated by ostertag in his summer league debut.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not in ST land. timmy would have been labeled the second coming of brad daugherty after getting dominated by ostertag in his summer league debut.
    Summer league is basically trash unless you are a scoring guard. It’s a bunch of players trying to Jack as many shots as possible to get noticed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is actually a much exaggerated media story. I actually bought tickets and sat courtside for this game. It's true that Ostertag outscored Tim, but Tim still scored in double figures and looked good. Tim got into foul trouble and may have fouled out, I don't remember. But I left the arena excited about Tim, not worried that he would not be good. He has always looked like he belonged in the NBA and that Ostertag, a vet, had a good game against Tim means nothing. Tim played a solid game per usual and if you could rewind and watch it, you'd see he was just fine.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim's stats versus Ostertag: Tim 14 points on 6 of 10 shooting, 8 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 blocks. Ostertag "outplayed" Tim by scoring 21 points on 7 of 12 and 10 rebounds, no assists, and 5 blocks. Again, confirmed Tim fouled out. So if Tim wasn't in foul trouble in his first summer league game against a 2nd year player that was a starter for his time, then Tim probably outscores and outrebounds him. We just need to put the rumor that Tim had a bad summer league to bed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim's stats versus Ostertag: Tim 14 points on 6 of 10 shooting, 8 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 blocks. Ostertag "outplayed" Tim by scoring 21 points on 7 of 12 and 10 rebounds, no assists, and 5 blocks. Again, confirmed Tim fouled out. So if Tim wasn't in foul trouble in his first summer league game against a 2nd year player that was a starter for his time, then Tim probably outscores and outrebounds him. We just need to put the rumor that Tim had a bad summer league to bed.
    But, see, that’s objective thinking, and not what happens on ST. People here, had this happened now, would have freaked out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But, see, that’s objective thinking, and not what happens on ST. People here, had this happened now, would have freaked out.
    Wasted the #1 pick on that swimmer

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is actually a much exaggerated media story. I actually bought tickets and sat courtside for this game. It's true that Ostertag outscored Tim, but Tim still scored in double figures and looked good. Tim got into foul trouble and may have fouled out, I don't remember. But I left the arena excited about Tim, not worried that he would not be good. He has always looked like he belonged in the NBA and that Ostertag, a vet, had a good game against Tim means nothing. Tim played a solid game per usual and if you could rewind and watch it, you'd see he was just fine.
    Didn't Tim also play that whole summer league left-handed?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well I think the problem people here have is not realizing that Tim had 4 years of college experience and a refined game when he came into the league. He had physically matured too. So he came into the league ready to dominate. But a 19 year old kid? If Tim had played summer league at 19, he would have been schooled too. The only teenage kid that I saw dominate was Lebron, and that includes Kobe and Garnett. And Lebron was not built like a normal 19 year old. Expect 2-3 years to come into their own. But you are right, Spurstalk fan thinks if they can't be MJ in 3 summer league games with a week or two of practice, then they aren't going to be good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

i've read the article and seen the box score. in all honesty, jermaine o'neal was the one who actually outplayed timmy by a wider margin. as duncan said: "Jermaine (O'Neal) destroyed me. He was with Portland, was real young ... and Tag threw my stuff into the first couple of rows a few times."

the point is that ST's hyperbole would have applied to tim back then as much as it does today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasted the #1 pick on that swimmer
    what a bust . . .

Thread Information