Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Parker is better than Chris Paul offensively and about the same defensively. Parker fits Pop's system better and if in a bigger market would be treated to a higher degree thus getting to the line more and hype.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    parker's defense is not only ass but it's like he doesn't even want to play it. so many times during games he's leaving his man at the 3 point line wide open as his head is where only he knows. and once his man catches the ball, he has to run back on him 8 to 10 feet away only to have a 3 point shot hit on him. chris paul isn't gary payton defensively, but he's for damn sure better than parker. offensively, paul can score, he just chooses not to be that guy unless he has to. the spurs are my team obviously, but i'm not fool.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no that's not what i asked. with the roles reversed, does tony parker lead tyson chandler and the hornets to 3 les? btw, parker has 3 rings to john stockton's 0, isiah thomas' 2, gary payton's 1, and oscar roberton's 1. is he better than those guys too? just a simple yes or no will do. also, i don't know how posting stats is helping your argument. parker had the more superior team, but chris paul a better percentage, had more assists, steals, and rebounds in their playoff matchups. is that helping or hurting your argument? i just want to know what u are thinking haha
    You cannot reverse the roles without changing the player. Chris Paul doesn't want to play for smaller market team. He doesn't value championships over salary. You cannot just make that decision for him and assume the results.

Tony, on the other hand, has done just that. Don't you think Tony could command that salary from some team willing to overpay him? Absolutely. He's got 3 rings and a Finals MVP because he didn't.

That's not negotiable. A players greatness isn't necessarily defined by his abilities, but by his results.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You cannot reverse the roles without changing the player. Chris Paul doesn't want to play for smaller market team. He doesn't value championships over salary. You cannot just make that decision for him and assume the results.

Tony, on the other hand, has done just that. Don't you think Tony could command that salary from some team willing to overpay him? Absolutely. He's got 3 rings and a Finals MVP because he didn't.

That's not negotiable. A players greatness isn't necessarily defined by his abilities, but by his results.
    at the end of it all, YOU NEVER ANSWERED THE QUESTION!!!! hahaha. do u feel parker is better than paul?

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's Parker 3 Paul 0

Which one is trying to get to where the other is? There's your answer.
    Okay...

Fisher 5 Parker 3

Fisher = GOAT PG

Fisher > Hero

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TP will leave It's 100 % sure
    Ah? Ok.

While you're at it, can you also tell us who will be signed by the Spurs in the upcoming years?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no that's not what i asked. with the roles reversed, does tony parker lead tyson chandler and the hornets to 3 les? btw, parker has 3 rings to john stockton's 0, isiah thomas' 2, gary payton's 1, and oscar roberton's 1. is he better than those guys too? just a simple yes or no will do. also, i don't know how posting stats is helping your argument. parker had the more superior team, but chris paul a better percentage, had more assists, steals, and rebounds in their playoff matchups. is that helping or hurting your argument? i just want to know what u are thinking haha
    Paul, Stockton, Thomas, Payton and Robertson are all better PG than Parker. What is your point now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay...

Fisher 5 Parker 3

Fisher = GOAT PG

Fisher > Hero

There are no heroes in sports. Fisher maximized his abilities. If you think scoring points is more important than winning championships, you should be a CP3 fan.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are no heroes in sports. Fisher maximized his abilities. If you think scoring points is more important than winning championships, you should be a CP3 fan.
    So you think Derek Fisher is a better PG than Parker?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at the end of it all, YOU NEVER ANSWERED THE QUESTION!!!! hahaha. do u feel parker is better than paul?
    They are very different players. Parker just fits in Spurs system so well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are very different players. Parker just fits in Spurs system so well.
    so do u feel the spurs would be worse with a pass first pg?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Anyone who has been a Spurs fan during Popovich's tenure as coach HAS to answer yes to that question!!

Pop is on record as saying that when Tony came to the Spurs He (Pop) drew a line and at one end of the line he put Avery Johnson (pass first pg) and at the other end he put John Stockton (scoring pg). He specifically told Tony "I want you to be right in the middle of those two".

Pop has specifically and purposely trained Tony to be EXACTLY the kind of point guard he is...both scoring and passing, because that is the kind of point guard that Pop wants to make Pop's offensive scheme work.

It never fails to amaze me how much people try to assess Parker's fitness as a point guard without taking into account the coach who trained him from the age of 19 to fit precisely into the offense that said Coach has put together to maximize the team's success.

And since the Spurs are the most successful sports franchise in the America over the last ten years, it is the height of arrogance to suggest that they would be better off with a point guard who is not the one that Pop molded into exactly what Pop wanted.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem is that Tony The Hero is more of a scoring PG than Stockton could have ever dreamed of being. The Hero doesn't even dream of trying to get others involved. If it weren't for Pop bugging him, the clown probably wouldn't pass the basketball more than a handful of times all season, tbh!

The 6th is coming... will_spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you go like now?

The 6th is coming... will_spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paul, Stockton, Thomas, Payton and Robertson are all better PG than Parker. What is your point now?
    Thomas and Big-O, ok. Or Magic.

Paul, dubious. Paul showed he couldn't get anywhere in the playoffs, even with a decent team.

Stockton, dubious. He was as much a system guy as Parker. And he had his flaws. Assisting is nice, but can be one-dimensional too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem is that Tony The Hero is more of a scoring PG than Stockton could have ever dreamed of being. The Hero doesn't even dream of trying to get others involved. If it weren't for Pop bugging him, the clown probably wouldn't pass the basketball more than a handful of times all season, tbh!
    The problem with your analysis is that Pop gets EXACTLY what he wants from his pg or he wouldn't be his point guard. Do you honestly imagine that for all of the screaming and abuse that Pop heaped on Tony for the first five years Tony was in the league that Tony does ANYTHING that Pop doesn't want him to do?

Why do you fail to understand that Tony is sent into the lane time and again to take shots (whether he makes them or not) because that is what Pop wants him to do because by doing it Tony opens up other shooters, either on the perimeter (the three point shooters get sat down immediately if they don't take the shots when they get them) or at the elbow (Tim). Why is it that you seem unable to understand that the Spurs' offense is, by design, essentially a two person offense and a supporting cast of perimeter players. This is a Tim and Tony offense. Has been for about five years now.

Tony is so much more willing to put his body on the line in the lane than most pgs are because that is what Pop tells him to do. Why don't you get that at this point?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go watch some France NT games (where there is no Pop bugging) before saying such non senses

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's Parker 3 Paul 0

Which one is trying to get to where the other is? There's your answer.
    CP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TP (and >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>> this season)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TP (and >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>> this season)
    Useless if CP3 would rather throw lobs than win a LOB.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at the thread le, so Parker has an interview saying he wants an extension and stay with the spurs but because it's a business will play for another team if Spurs don't want to extend him (same stuff that manu said last year btw) and thread le is Parker not opposed to leave

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at the thread le, so Parker has an interview saying he wants an extension and stay with the spurs but because it's a business will play for another team if Spurs don't want to extend him (same stuff that manu said last year btw) and thread le is Parker not opposed to leave
    I just used the same headline as the article.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also consider this: Tony and Boris are pretty much a package deal. If Tony is shown the door, chances are high that we lose one of the most versatile forwards in the league.

Boris Diaw? If we rely on him and Tony to be the face of the franchise then it will be back to the pre-David era...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just used the same headline as the article.
    same interview in France and le was: "Parker wants an extension with the Spurs"

Thread Information