Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 max players who won't even sniff the All-Star team next year. They might let Conley sneak in to justify his absurd contract, but he won't even be a top 5 PG next year.

This isn't going to end well for the Grizzlies.
    an overpriced, borderline damaged goods Hawks West ..ouch..

The Golden Goddess TheCultOfPersonality's Avatar
    My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    3 max players who won't even sniff the All-Star team next year. They might let Conley sneak in to justify his absurd contract, but he won't even be a top 5 PG next year.

This isn't going to end well for the Grizzlies.
    And none of three will come close to leading the Grizzlies to a NBA championship.

The Conley contract is the worst of them all because he got the contract despite not even being good last season, never being elite in any category, nor ever being the best player on his own team. You mean to tell me that last season Conley averaging 15ppg and 6apg on 42% shooting 36% from 3, and being atrocious on defense was worth 5 years and $153 million? And there's more of a chance of Conley being the same player he was last season than becoming an elite point guard. Worse contract in the NBA right now.

My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    big-name free agent

what is he smokin?
    He's not a big name free agent. Parsons isn't even relevant outside of Texas or Florida. Parsons is not the first or only one calling himself a big name free agent. The Memphis media has been doing this too. They also don't have a problem with the Conley contract either. So what are the Memphis media smoking?

My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    Worst case scenario, the core tanks in 1-2 years and we lose a couple of lottery picks in loaded drafts. That's probably what will happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Source: Chandler Parsons has a bone bruise in his left knee that could cause him to miss up to two weeks. That is not the knee that Parsons has had surgically repaired twice. The Grizzlies announced that Parsons will miss Monday's game in Charlotte, the second straight game he will miss.

94 in millions

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the few things Cuban got right is not re-signing this guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is going to end up as the worst contract of the 2016 offseason..Dude can barely stay on court..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White American basketball players, tbh..their success was largely based on politics..

If Parsons had been born about 30 years earlier, he would be Larry Bird..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White American basketball players, tbh..their success was largely based on politics..

If Parsons had been born about 30 years earlier, he would be Larry Bird..
    Nobody touched Ezeli in the offseason because of his shot knees while this dude gets 100m carrying the same red flag

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

94 in millions
    TheCultOfPersonality

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if he was healthy, how did he even get that contract? He's not great at any one thing...He's the king of mediocrity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ennis is a better fit with the Starters anyway...Only problem is, outside of Randolph their bench is basically a collection of D-League players, a rookie with some potential and some guys you would barely recognize.

My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    I just hope that Parsons doesn't turn into another Brandon Wright. Overpaying for complimentary players/roleplayer and asking them to be main guys is what organizations that suck at drafting do. Unfortunately the Grizzlies are in this category.
    Last edited by TheCultOfPersonality; 11-22-2016 at 06:26 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    remember when cucket fans said he was better then kawhi...

lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    today's NBA
    Parsons wouldnt have been drafted in the 80s-90s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

this signing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And that SOB is trendsetting in Memphis..."Being the first big-name free agent to come here, I think that's special, and I want to be a trendsetter here," Parsons said Friday.
    Ya I don't know if we were listening to the same interview but the piece I caught he was justifying the contract. Interviewer raised the question about being overpaid and he went on and on about how he earned it.
    What a piece of work.

todays NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember Rockets fans saying Parsons > Leonard years back

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

this signing
    That is awesome ...dude thinks he is a celebrity model. Ran around DFW like a ppor man's David Beckham...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is awesome ...dude thinks he is a celebrity model. Ran around DFW like a ppor man's David Beckham...

Not sure how this guy keeps finessing teams out of big money..he's definitely got a snake oil salesman for an agent..it isn't like there wasn't any red flags with his knees as he finished the last two seasons on the shelf ..even his buddy Cubes had to pass up on overpaying him, which says quite something..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parsons is a product of White American privilege, tbh..same reason Kyle Singler is in an NBA rotation, Jon Leuer is starting, etc..also why Jimmer Fredette received so many chances, despite clearly being a D-league level talent..

It was easier to hide back in the 80s and 90s, since social media didn't exist, and we didn't have a 24/7 news cycle..if you put Parsons in the 80s, he would be viewed as a megastar and Larry Bird's rival..

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Remember Daryl Morey waving goodbye as soon as he was off his rookie contract?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you put Parsons in the 80s, he would be viewed as a megastar and Larry Bird's rival..
    were there no white americans at that time who were considered average or below average nba players or were they all superstars?

Thread Information