Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which is why I get annoyed with people defending Patty’s locker room at ude like it’s a reason we should be overpaying him. What’s the point of being good in the lockerrom when you’re contributing to losses on the court? That’s what Patty always does
    that's Spurs culture though. And it's exactly what is wrong with this franchise. Basketball skills are secondary here. It's all personality first, oh he's a nice guy, oh he's a great leader, oh he's Bryn Forbes he worked so hard to get here. That whole at ude is what's dragging the franchise down

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trey lyles 0 points
    Drew Eubanks 17 pts 9 reb

Lonnie Walker 15 pts. 15 minutes...

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t disagree there. Just think you’re being too harsh on Luka, he’s barely had the opportunities those others have had. Says a lot when someone like Jeff Errors might be a rotation player on our team right now
    Yeah, you’re right. I’ll give him a chance, but it seems like the forum re s are beginning to hitch their wagons on to him after beginning to see their beloved Poeltl start to crumble to the true Chinese League caliber big man that he is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop gonna get a B for this coaching masterpiece

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ace3g - going to need all of Pop's hilarious postgame quips after this one. The ol "geez louise" or "it's just basketball" is going to be extra hilarious after the pushing they got tonight.

Hehe that Gregg is such a jokester!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timvp going to go with the "no amount of coaching" could have saved tonight bull , ignoring that the Spurs never even got close after Lonnie getting inexplicably subbed for trash ass Patty in the 2nd

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pistons are next. Last year the Spurs lost by 34 pts at Detroit - 12-1-2019

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You keep ting on Brandon Clarke for not starting, while riding a scrub that can’t even jump Trey Lyles and Drew Eubanks on a rotation where the Spurs are desperate for a good big

I’ll give you credit though, you’re the only freak that showed up from the short bus crew tonight...
    Imagine ing riding a guy that can't start over SloMo!

"Poor Man's Shawn Marion would saved us and made us contenders."

Looks at Memphis' record (17 - 18) and San Antonio's current record (19 - 15). Man, that poor man's Shawn Marion is a real difference maker and helping Memphis get over the 10th seed hump!

"He could been our SF of da future."

Guy clearly has no perimeter skills and needs other people to set him up.

Dumb ass take after dumb ass take.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's Spurs culture though. And it's exactly what is wrong with this franchise. Basketball skills are secondary here. It's all personality first, oh he's a nice guy, oh he's a great leader, oh he's Bryn Forbes he worked so hard to get here. That whole at ude is what's dragging the franchise down
    Yup, it's that fake bull they're known for instead of having all time great talent/compe ors like Duncan and Manu dragging them to championships.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, you’re right. I’ll give him a chance, but it seems like the forum re s are beginning to hitch their wagons on to him after beginning to see their beloved Poeltl start to crumble to the true Chinese League caliber big man that he is.
    I like Jakob and try to give him a chance but on a lot of nights he contributes like he’s Steven Adams. Just not a fit in today’s league. At least he wasn’t paid as much as Adams, but still a concern to rely on him as our 5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Literally one of the worst teams in the league, which means it will be a dogfight once again

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely disgusting that Duncan gets discredited all the time for having the “privilege” of having played under his fraud his whole career. It’s by the same morons that never watched the Spurs because they were boring, as well.
    Agreed I have debated so many people on other forums about Duncan's legacy and they will always try to discredit it by saying the typical bs "He was lucky to have Pop to start his career with. Pop made him into a great player." when like you said it's the other way around. Pop even benefited from '17-19 in the sense he got all the credit for getting the Spurs to the playoffs while LMA and Derozan got zero credit. Pop is a smug bas he's well aware of this and basks in the limelight he gets from the media.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well said

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine ing riding a guy that can start over SloMo!

"Poor Man's Shawn Marion would saved us and made us contenders."

Looks at Memphis record (17 - 18) and Spurs current record (19 - 15). Man, that poor man's Shawn Marion is a real difference maker and helping Memphis get over the 10th seed hump!
    Melting down so hard that you’re spamming emotes. Pathetic. Please bring these reg season records up at the end of the season, don’t delete this post either

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm always going to be a Spurs fan and I'll roll with whatever happens the rest of the way but I hope they embrace the tank and realize first round fodder isn't the best strategy for our long term prospects. But I guess we'll see what happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed I have debated so many people on other forums about Duncan's legacy and they will always try to discredit it by saying the typical bs "He was lucky to have Pop to start his career with. Pop made him into a great player." when like you said it's the other way around. Pop even benefited from '17-19 in the sense he got all the credit for getting the Spurs to the playoffs while LMA and Derozan got zero credit. Pop is a smug bas he's well aware of this and basks in the limelight he gets from the media.
    I’m convinced that whoever says that clearly never watches the Spurs and just uses whatever TNT, brainless analysts say.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Considering how the team usually looks on the second night of a b2b a loss is more than likely. The rate at which things are going the Spurs won't actually have to intentionally tank, Pop will "culture" them to a top 10 pick, which he'll then trade along with Lonnie Walker for Al Horford.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who ever the owners are I would be telling the GM to look at trading Mills, and Rudy to get something of value for them as I would not sign off on keeping them next year. Like both of them but it is time to move on and I don't care what Pop says as I am OK with him leaving to if he throughs a hissy fit.

Pop is really showing he just doesn't give a anymore if he were the GM he would have fired himself like he did to Bob Hill.

Any way I am back on the Tank train

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't ignore those sick teaching-moment timeouts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop needs to remove Lyles from the starting line up & give him a short leash. Vassell should be the starter at SF, JOhnson slide by down to PF & either Samanic or Bates-Diop (if healthy) should receive Lyles' minutes if he falters.

And for God's sake use the free roster spot on a ing player, already. ing ownership picking saving money over looking for a serviceable piece.

Hope we aren't heading back into the Red McCombs days of cheapness.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Games like this are why I hope both Lyles and Patty are gone because neither gets a short leash when they are playing like trash. Both should have a short hook when its obvious they are going to be a detriment in the game.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't able to watch.

What....the happened?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Games like this are why I hope both Lyles and Patty are gone because neither gets a short leash when they are playing like trash. Both should have a short hook when its obvious they are going to be a detriment in the game.
    Rudy too, especially since he’s in the way of Luka

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who ever the owners are I would be telling the GM to look at trading Mills, and Rudy to get something of value for them as I would not sign off on keeping them next year. Like both of them but it is time to move on and I don't care what Pop says as I am OK with him leaving to if he throughs a hissy fit.

Pop is really showing he just doesn't give a anymore if he were the GM he would have fired himself like he did to Bob Hill.

Any way I am back on the Tank train
    Absolutely dreadful comparison, homie. Pop has his issues but he still has this team over .500 & treading water, while that Bob Hill led team was dog (without key players).

Again, the old guy can be stubborn and infuriating but he's better than 80% of the retread coaches in the NBA.

It'll be hilarious once he's gone and the team is stuck with Jim Boylen, Tim Floyd & Ryan Saunders - level coaches and pining for the old man.

Been obvious since forever, yet people on this message board won't appreciate him & his era of the Spurs (led by Duncan who he gives a majority of the credit) until it's over.

Thread Information