Page 20 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasn't because Katie was a snuff queen. It was because it was with a subordinate. That knife cuts both ways.
    You seem to have left out the possibility that it was a mix of both. How have you excluded that possiblity?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You seem to have left out the possibility that it was a mix of both. How have you excluded that possiblity?
    Why would democrats cut her just because she swung both ways? There are currently 10 other gay members of the house and senate that weren't forced to resign.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would democrats cut her just because she swung both ways? There are currently 10 other gay members of the house and senate that weren't forced to resign.
    Only really heard about this tangentially here. Can't really speak meaningfully from my own understanding. Centrist worry too much about what conservatives think, IMO, and that is about as far as I care to get into it. Tempest in a teacup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For some seniors, virus is shifting their views of Trump

Tommye and Rody Johnson have been registered Republicans for almost seven decades. So while the couple from Vero Beach, Florida, had some reservations about then-candidate Donald Trump in 2016, they just couldn’t imagine voting for Hillary Clinton.

Now, after nearly four years of President Trump’s tweets, the impeachment scandal, and especially, what they see as his disastrous handling of the COVID-19 pandemic, they can’t imagine voting for him again.

They’re not the only ones. According to a recent Morning Consult poll, Mr. Trump’s approval rating among voters over the age of 65 dropped 20 points between March and the end of April, making seniors more critical of the president’s performance than any other age group aside from 18- to 29-year-olds. Much of that decline seems directly related to the virus, which so far has posed a far more serious health threat to older people.

Editor’s note: As a public service, all our coronavirus coverage is free. No paywall.

As the debate over lifting lockdowns has intensified, the president’s eagerness to get the economy moving again seems to have put him at odds with many older voters – who, as retirees without children at home, may not be as focused on reopening schools or local businesses. In the same Morning Consult poll, by a nearly 6-to-1 margin, seniors said the government should prioritize halting the spread of the virus over focusing on the economy. Some older adults say that Mr. Trump – himself a septuagenarian, as is presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden – doesn’t seem to understand how vulnerable and undervalued this crisis has made them feel.

Ms. Penk, like the Johnsons, voted for Mr. Trump last time around, but is now part of a “Republicans for Biden” Facebook group. She worries about her husband’s health, and says Mr. Trump’s handling of the pandemic cemented her decision to vote a “straight blue” ticket in November.
    https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politi...views-of-Trump

Be interesting to see how this holds up.

I doubt the injecting bleach suggestion, and his statements about gutting Social Security will help. He is pissing on the third rail.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Democrats didn't even care to mail in their ballots... it's definitely problematic considering Biden milquetoast personality really doesn't get anyone excited
    Oh, we are plenty excited to vote against Trump. Ginsberg just has to last another few months.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, we are plenty excited to vote against Trump. Ginsberg just has to last another few months.
    I'm sure you are. We'll see when the election comes around.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure you are. We'll see when the election comes around.
    Team Trump is running scared. How you know?

Just look at what they're going with. Biden is a pedo, etc.

Desperation tactics from a team that managed to get impeached not because of Russia but because of a walking corpse. Biden can win this from his basement. I just cringe every time he gets on TV.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Team Trump is running scared. How you know?

Just look at what they're going with. Biden is a pedo, etc.

Desperation tactics from a team that managed to get impeached not because of Russia but because of a walking corpse. Biden can win this from his basement. I just cringe every time he gets on TV.
    I don't care what Team Trump is going with. The issue here is not whether people are going to vote for Joe, is if enough people that will vote for him are going to show up and actually vote, especially in swing States.

Getting young kids to come out and vote has been a problem, you can ask Bernie about that. Again, this would be much easier if the candidate wouldn't be a fossilized mummy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't care what Team Trump is going with. The issue here is not whether people are going to vote for Joe, is if enough people that will vote for him are going to show up and actually vote, especially in swing States.

Getting young kids to come out and vote has been a problem, you can ask Bernie about that. Again, this would be much easier if the candidate wouldn't be a fossilized mummy.
    Eyup. Biden was the safe supposedly mainstream appeal choice.

Dems just need to nut up and put out an actual progressive candidate for once, and step letting the right-wing drive the conversation, IMO.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Will Hunting

We're very close to just calling this one a loss cause for republicans.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Will Hunting

We're very close to just calling this one a loss cause for republicans.
    Maybe I’m missing something but if Kelly is winning by 13 points (which multiple polls have now shown) in AZ then Biden has got to have at least an 8 point lead over Trump in the state....There can’t be that many Trump/Kelly supporters out there, right?

Keep in mind Sinema was up big on McSally around this time 2 years ago and the lead narrowed a lot by election time, but that’s less likely this time around when McSally is the in bent and is a known quan y imo.

Gideon is also up 8 points on Collins in Maine, and there are a lot more races up for grabs than Republicans realize. Montana is a toss up with Bullock in the race, and Georgia/Kentucky/South Carolina are all in the margin of error. Even Joni Ernst’s approval rating in Iowa has started to dip.

Time for Mike Bloomer to start carpet bombing the key senate races with negative ads.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ominous sign.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe I’m missing something but if Kelly is winning by 13 points (which multiple polls have now shown) in AZ then Biden has got to have at least an 8 point lead over Trump in the state....There can’t be that many Trump/Kelly supporters out there, right?

Keep in mind Sinema was up big on McSally around this time 2 years ago and the lead narrowed a lot by election time, but that’s less likely this time around when McSally is the in bent and is a known quan y imo.

Gideon is also up 8 points on Collins in Maine, and there are a lot more races up for grabs than Republicans realize. Montana is a toss up with Bullock in the race, and Georgia/Kentucky/South Carolina are all in the margin of error. Even Joni Ernst’s approval rating in Iowa has started to dip.

Time for Mike Bloomer to start carpet bombing the key senate races with negative ads.
    Gerrymandering protects the GOP in most years. This year... impeachment, COVID, riots, all around chaos, and who the knows what Trump will up next month. The rate we are going now, I expect first contact any time now.

fivethirtyeights generic ballot is a pretty good predictor of where the electorate generally is.
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=rrpromo

It is about where it was before the 2018 blue wave.

Trump's overall approval ed for the brief period of time where he acted like a grown up, and have fallen right back down to the basement it crawled out of.

The economy will not bounce back before November in any meaningful way, and that is the only leg that the former Republican party had to stand on.

There is even a shot at upsetting McConnel.
    https://www.newsweek.com/what-polls-...e-race-1500989

It seems reasonable to me that the past week or so has probably cemented any flagging support from various left-leaning groups for Biden.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gerrymandering protects the GOP in most years. This year... impeachment, COVID, riots, all around chaos, and who the knows what Trump will up next month. The rate we are going now, I expect first contact any time now.

fivethirtyeights generic ballot is a pretty good predictor of where the electorate generally is.

Trump's overall approval ed for the brief period of time where he acted like a grown up, and have fallen right back down to the basement it crawled out of.

The economy will not bounce back before November in any meaningful way, and that is the only leg that the former Republican party had to stand on.

It seems reasonable to me that the past week or so has probably cemented any flagging support from various left-leaning groups for Biden.
    200K dead by 3 Nov, 30M+ unemployed, nearly totally Trash/Repug fault

R0 > 1 in many re-opening red/Confederate states, so expect plenty of continued, steady-state infections and deaths For Business, if not large second waves.

near equatorial countries getting hit hard, so "heat in April will make it go from 15 to zero" not panning out

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

November is a LOOOOOOOONG time from now. Did you think that in the first few days of JUNE, the Dow would be over 26K? Did you think that (in the first days of June) there would be CROWDS of people in the streets all over the US, and NO ONE is hyperventilating about social distancing (when it suits their agenda - chaos)?

Traffic is almost back to normal now - people are out and about, and the restaurants are not up to speed. Yesterday, my local Pollo Tropical closed at 7pm (rush dinner hour) from selling out all their chicken earlier.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    November is a LOOOOOOOONG time from now. Did you think that in the first few days of JUNE, the Dow would be over 26K? Did you think that (in the first days of June) there would be CROWDS of people in the streets all over the US, and NO ONE is hyperventilating about social distancing (when it suits their agenda - chaos)?

Traffic is almost back to normal now - people are out and about, and the restaurants are not up to speed. Yesterday, my local Pollo Tropical closed at 7pm (rush dinner hour) from selling out all their chicken earlier.
    And you're an immigrant from China who has never been to China.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump gonna win because Pollo Loco is open and traffic jams have returned

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did I say Trump is going to win? I said Nov is a long time from now - a lot of changes in the meantime. We shall see, and polls in June are meaningless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Data for the generic ballot is highly predictive, even this far out.

We are going to take a hit no matter how much you wishcast otherwise. How much remains to be seen, but it will not the rosy the con man you fascists worship is going to peddle.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The lady has a serious point.

"unthinkable" has been FACT for nearly 5 years

Pulitzer-winning historian issues dark warning about Trump’s GOP

Pulitzer Prize-winning historian Anne Applebaum ...

Trump and his Republican allies might complete their authoritarian transformation by stealing November’s election.

she warns that Republicans have been complicit in Trump gathering authoritarian powers over democratic ins utions

and they may soon finalize that process.

“Will they try to change the rules?” she added.

“Will they mess around with distance voting?

Will they, you know, exacerbate the problems caused by the pandemic to prevent people from voting?

That’s the thing that’s going to happen next.”

she had

little faith that Trump or the GOP were willing to risk losing the White House or their grip on the U.S. Senate.

“Do they value democracy in America

enough to allow a real election to go through and to allow themselves to lose?” she said.

“I think there will be a few people that will break out of it.

I’m doubtful as to whether we can rely on the party leadership.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/06/pulitzer-winning-historian-issues-dark-warning-about-trumps-gop/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=4714

“Do they value democracy in America enough ..."?

It has been ING OBVIOUS that the oligarchy and Repugs have NO VALUES but wealth and power.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 06-05-2020 at 09:52 AM.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did I say Trump is going to win? I said Nov is a long time from now - a lot of changes in the meantime. We shall see, and polls in June are meaningless.
    They are not. Generic ballot is a pretty darn good predictor, even this far out. The closer you get, the less chance for change anyway.

Trump and his fascist party will get buried this fall, just in time for Democrats to take over redistricting.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    They are not. Generic ballot is a pretty darn good predictor, even this far out. The closer you get, the less chance for change anyway.

Trump and his fascist party will get buried this fall, just in time for Democrats to take over redistricting.
    One thing is for damn sure, polls in June are a much better predictor of a presidential race than whether or not El Pollo Loco is able to sell all of its chicken before 7pm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count

what a stupid asshole.

Thread Information