Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    straight from your resentment to my amusement.

still grousing about "muh bingo" and gloating over sweet nothings on an anonymous board.
    Gathering my posts and keeping a running, up to date 25 panel quote card and posting it in multiple threads - in between your all day and night tweet and link dropping binges, signs you obviously don't take it seriously.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wash the sand out of your vag and move on with your life, or continue to beclown yourself crying about "muh bingo card"

it's your life

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    And again, POC?
    People of Color. Why single out one tiny demographic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every news agency not named Fox is talking about Donald Trump. No one is talking about the border crisis. Harris hasn't even given a press conference but that seems ok I suppose. Biden isn't giving answers either, just driving through.

Yes, MSM is still trying to milk as much revenue as possible from Trump, and ignoring the actual leadership of the country in the process unless there's a juicy story.
    It was news a month ago. And the stance has since changed, but it doesn't mean media wasn't on it...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/refugee...t-trump-biden/
    https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden...125bdb9cc1278f
    https://www.latimes.com/opinion/stor...ess-immigrants
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ece_story.html
    https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...o-biden-477309

then we had the chauvin trial, which thankfully the administration stayed away from.

Now with Israel:
    https://www.cnbctv18.com/world/analy...es-9350991.htm
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...248_story.html
    https://www.newsweek.com/democrat-ti...uation-1592668
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/17/u...ats-biden.html
    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/18/isra...l-ignored.html
    https://www.msnbc.com/andrea-mitchel...e-112143429784

and that's still developing... I mean, the guy has been on the job for what, not even 6 months yet?

Sure, there are Trump stories. He's polarizing, there's money to be made there. His administration was brutally bad, and now we also get to see like the DOJ being used to out a Nunes troll.

Still don't know what Joe signature law looks like. Infrastructure week, packing the court, expansion of Obamacare, pardoning tuition, the green new deal...

I mean, Obama burned his political capital with Obamacare and that became his signature law (signed in March 2010). Trump had his tax cuts (voted on Dec 2017).

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It's being called that here repeatedly and you've thus far been onboard. Don't puss out now.
    Wrong, this is my take on the narrative around the Capitol fiasco.

Don't see how they could have pulled off a coup. Looked like a bunch of q- s doing a coup larp to me. And as ty as the police protection was, I don't think there's any way they breach the capital with congressmen still in the building. (I also don't expect we're going to see any treason charges forthcoming.)
    If you're going to accuse me of enabling hyperbole on the Left by not commenting on it every time it's used, you have a lot of posts by SpursTalk Team Red (er, Team Trump, sorry) to catch up on yourself. But we're not talking about them using silly hyperbole, we're talking about you.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    DMC doesn't think a criminal inquiry into the man who was President 5 months ago is newsworthy.

Of course the news media is going to cover it (and of course FOX News is going to bury it.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t believe many, if any at all, of these people actually believe there was “massive fraud” in the 2020, at least not in the sense of a bunch of votes being cast by people who were legally ineligible to vote, or vote counts being electronically altered to give a predetermined result.
    You may think that is the case.

All of the people who stormed the capital did believe in a literal massive fraud. Thousands of them.

The third "audit" in Arizona by the Cyber Ninja circus absolutely does.

Talked personally to several who believe it.

You give the morons too much credit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think what’s going on with the GOP has anything to do with a personality cult of Trump per se. He’s just the first in bent who was willing to try to stay in power despite losing an election. For that, he will be revered forever.

I don’t believe many, if any at all, of these people actually believe there was “massive fraud” in the 2020, at least not in the sense of a bunch of votes being cast by people who were legally ineligible to vote, or vote counts being electronically altered to give a predetermined result. The actual “massive fraud” in their eyes is demographic change that allows a Democratic candidate to win despite losing the white vote 58-41.

Their belief in American ideals... was contingent upon the USA being a white country. 60 years ago there were six white people for every nonwhite. Now for every six white people, there are four nonwhites. In thirty years, it will be six to six if they do nothing. And they’re not having it. They didn’t ask for that change, they don’t accept it, and they want it back the way it was. If the only way to have a democratic republic going forward is pluralism, then they say, to with it.

I think what’s happening right now with the resurgence of the “Big Lie” is a preference cascade in which Republican politicians are realizing that their base does not believe in American democracy anymore, and not only will not punish them for walking away from it, but absolutely WILL punish them for failing to do whatever is necessary to hold onto power.

This is a preference cascade because the vast majority of Republican voters and Republican politicians believed that overt hostility to democracy would be wildly unpopular and result in immediate, severe blowback, so they kept their beliefs to themselves. Trump brought it out into the open. After January 6, these politicians thought even GOP voters would be angry and incensed about the attack on the Capitol. On the contrary, at least a solid plurality GOP voters wanted a successful coup.

They’re not quite at the point where the masses are willing to say it out loud, which is why we have the empty rhetoric of “electoral integrity” the absurd spectacle in Arizona of looking for traces of bamboo in ballots. They’ll say it out loud once their subversion is successful.

But here’s the thing — this isn’t just about power. Power is the means to an end. I don’t think the GOP base wants white minority rule. They want white MAJORITY rule. They want it back the way it was. Ending democracy is just the beginning.
    About the rest of it, yeah. It is the undercurrent that many don't want to say out loud.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wrong, this is my take on the narrative around the Capitol fiasco.

If you're going to accuse me of enabling hyperbole on the Left by not commenting on it every time it's used, you have a lot of posts by SpursTalk Team Red (er, Team Trump, sorry) to catch up on yourself. But we're not talking about them using silly hyperbole, we're talking about you.
    Why would you bring it up unprompted? I said if that can be construed as a coup, then it should not be a leap to say cities were burned down. Do you think cities were burned down?

I don't think it was a coup or coup attempt. I think it was a bunch of idiots thinking they were anonymous and safe. I don't think there was a plan at all, not even a little. Like many of the protests, there's an organized contingent who seems bent on causing damage and harm, for whatever reason, and enough legriders to go along with it like the party just moved indoors.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The organized contingent was bent on a coup.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Why would you bring it up unprompted? I said if that can be construed as a coup, then it should not be a leap to say cities were burned down. Do you think cities were burned down?

I don't think it was a coup or coup attempt. I think it was a bunch of idiots thinking they were anonymous and safe. I don't think there was a plan at all, not even a little. Like many of the protests, there's an organized contingent who seems bent on causing damage and harm, for whatever reason, and enough legriders to go along with it like the party just moved indoors.
    "if it can be construed as a coup" - Well, can it or not? A formula "If (statement A = True) then (statement B=True)" requires statement A to be true.

You're excusing your own hyperbole, which you agree with, by bringing up someone else's hyperbole, which you don't agree with. Doesn't make sense.

And no, I didn't see any cities burned down. I saw a few buildings burned and rebuilt by insurance, with very little impact overall to the cities in which those events occurred. The only thing the vandalism accomplished was giving FOX News plenty of B-roll to run for the next 4 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If you want to go there, give a definition of "coup"
    What happened on Jan 6th reasonably meets most definitions.

If you want to define "burned down cities" you will have a harder job, meeting a reasonable definition.

Stupid "both sides" mother er wants to pretend its all equal when it isn't. smh

Brainwashed Trump sucker to the end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "if it can be construed as a coup" - Well, can it or not? A formula "If (statement A = True) then (statement B=True)" requires statement A to be true.

You're excusing your own hyperbole, which you agree with, by bringing up someone else's hyperbole, which you don't agree with. Doesn't make sense.

And no, I didn't see any cities burned down. I saw a few buildings burned and rebuilt by insurance, with very little impact overall to the cities in which those events occurred. The only thing the vandalism accomplished was giving FOX News plenty of B-roll to run for the next 4 years.
    You don't get to be a solo audience with your own rules. There are plenty here who construed it as a coup, therefore they should not take issue with hyperbole. This is how some of you try to play it - most use over-the-top levels of hyperbole and when called out, the others tag in and start with the denial. You don't get to move to the passenger seat and pretend you weren't driving. You're in the car, you're guilty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't see how they could have pulled off a coup. Looked like a bunch of q- s doing a coup larp to me. And as ty as the police protection was, I don't think there's any way they breach the capital with congressmen still in the building. (I also don't expect we're going to see any treason charges forthcoming.)

Either way, my point is he should have been banned a long time ago from these platforms
    This is the "not me" entry from Adam

If you want to go there, give a definition of "coup"
    What happened on Jan 6th reasonably meets most definitions.

If you want to define "burned down cities" you will have a harder job, meeting a reasonable definition.

Stupid "both sides" mother er wants to pretend its all equal when it isn't. smh

Brainwashed Trump sucker to the end.
    Here's RandomGuy pretending Adam didn't say that.

Adam won't confront RandomGuy about it. Instead he will confront me when i call out RandomGuy for using hyperbole, then claim to have been in the passenger seat, not responsible for the person he's defending.

Same silly , different day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the "not me" entry from Adam

Here's RandomGuy pretending Adam didn't say that.

Adam won't confront RandomGuy about it. Instead he will confront me when i call out RandomGuy for using hyperbole, then claim to have been in the passenger seat, not responsible for the person he's defending.

Same silly , different day.
    DMC shoots, misses, and thinks he scored a touchdown homerun.

I was responding to your post, homey. You said , you can defend it.

We all know you won't. Chicken , lazy mother er to the last.

"both sides"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it was a coup or coup attempt
    A definitive statement.

Define coup as you are using it and then say /how/why what happened did not meet your definition, lazy mother er.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Either way, my point is he should have been banned a long time ago from these platforms
    One thing to bear in mind:

An attempted coup does not have to either: 1)be successful or 2) have a chance in of succeeding.

Any definition of attempted coup d'etat that I am aware of doesn't hinge on either of those being true.

"Definition of coup d'état
    : a sudden decisive exercise of force in politics
    especially : the violent overthrow or alteration of an existing government by a small group"
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dict...'%C3%A9tat

Seems like a group of a few hundred people trying to seize by force the electoral college ballots so they could change or destroy them to alter the outcome of a free and fair election meets that pretty well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC shoots, misses, and thinks he scored a touchdown homerun.

I was responding to your post, homey. You said , you can defend it.

We all know you won't. Chicken , lazy mother er to the last.

"both sides"
    Says this then follows up by addressing Adam... finally, after being called out.

One thing to bear in mind:

An attempted coup does not have to either: 1)be successful or 2) have a chance in of succeeding.

Any definition of attempted coup d'etat that I am aware of doesn't hinge on either of those being true.

"Definition of coup d'état
    : a sudden decisive exercise of force in politics
    especially : the violent overthrow or alteration of an existing government by a small group"
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dict...'%C3%A9tat

Seems like a group of a few hundred people trying to seize by force the electoral college ballots so they could change or destroy them to alter the outcome of a free and fair election meets that pretty well.
    I don't expect any real discussion to arise from this. This is merely a formality so RG can feel he's covered his bases.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A definitive statement.

Define coup as you are using it and then say /how/why what happened did not meet your definition, lazy mother er.
    I don't do fetch missions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thanks, that'll be on the next one

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wash the sand out of your vag and move on with your life, or continue to beclown yourself crying about "muh bingo card"

it's your life
    thanks, that'll be on the next one
    You've been broken for a while now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^ straining at gnats

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a fetch mission.

Simply asking you to back up your assertion, which I predicted you would be too lazy or chicken to do.

Which is it? lazy or chicken ? I can't tell the difference when it comes to your dumb ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Says this then follows up by addressing Adam... finally, after being called out.

I don't expect any real discussion to arise from this. This is merely a formality so RG can feel he's covered his bases.
    Seems like it was a good point to make.

DodgeMC bravely ran away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like it was a good point to make.

DodgeMC bravely ran away.
    DogeMC is more like it I said

Thread Information