Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    they should pick Corey Feldman
    LOL.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    And I could have sworn they just announced a new singer a month or two ago.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    oh ...that was 2016

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Dude nails the Early Core Stuff. Sounds JUST like Weiland. Good choice.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Dude nails the Early Core Stuff. Sounds JUST like Weiland. Good choice.
    Yeah...I just listened to one of the songs. He does sound like him. Which is fine. But I guess it always bothers me a little when a cool band has a "unique" sounding singer. And then someone comes in and duplicates it.
    But glad they're still doing their thing.

Sort of changing subjects...but with the internet and all of the damn talent shows, it kind of hammers home that great singers aren't that rare. And if anyone becomes particularly successful, it's probably more a matter of their connections or look than their talent. Or maybe what they were willing to do to get there.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I mean basically the choice for a band like STP is:

- Hire a new singer that has a unique voice, put out new material that will only sell a few dozen copies, and tour with a greatest hits setlist where the songs don't sound like the Weiland versions.

or

- Hire a new singer that sounds like Weiland, put out new material that will only sell a few dozen copies, and tour with a greatest hits setlist where the songs sound like the Weiland versions.

If I was in their position, I'd opt for #2 every time. If I found a unique singer I really liked, I'd start a new band and call it something else.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    And I could have sworn they just announced a new singer a month or two ago.
    There was a news article that it was John Borja, but the author was wrong. I posted it in here a while back.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I mean basically the choice for a band like STP is:

- Hire a new singer that has a unique voice, put out new material that will only sell a few dozen copies, and tour with a greatest hits setlist where the songs don't sound like the Weiland versions.

or

- Hire a new singer that sounds like Weiland, put out new material that will only sell a few dozen copies, and tour with a greatest hits setlist where the songs sound like the Weiland versions.

If I was in their position, I'd opt for #2 every time. If I found a unique singer I really liked, I'd start a new band and call it something else.
    There are a lot of bands that kept the original band name who went on when the singer died. Weiland and his drug problems derailed a lot of tours over the years. I cant blame the rest of the band for keeping STP going and squeezing every cent out of it.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    Alimony forced him to work, the substances allowed him to cope with life on the road. He died from a lethal mix.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Alimony forced him to work, the substances allowed him to cope with life on the road. He died from a lethal mix.
    Forced to work to "maintain his lifestyle". He was well enough off. He was just f'ing irresponsible and it cost him his life. This much I'll say though, substance addiction is real though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    Forced to work to "maintain his lifestyle". He was well enough off. He was just f'ing irresponsible and it cost him his life. This much I'll say though, substance addiction is real though.
    True. My general takeaway is he should have walked away for a bit after his brothers death and then when his parents got sick. But hey he's an artist. During difficult times they dive deeper into their work and with that comes drugs/booze

Also the video argues fans enabled him

He was on/he took so many variations of pills. That and the alcohol must have made using the bathroom

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    True. My general takeaway is he should have walked away for a bit after his brothers death and then when his parents got sick. But hey he's an artist. During difficult times they dive deeper into their work and with that comes drugs

Also the video argues fans enabled him

He was on/he took so many variations of pills. That and the alcohol must have made using the bathroom
    The fans did. So did his ty backing band, who no doubt wanted that lifestyle over working the drive-thru. There needed to be an intervention; but perhaps the guy had about a dozen of those in the past with many not taking. Sometimes the blame can only be spread so thick.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans

Thread Information